PDA

View Full Version : We're Going Streaking! Wisconsin at Michigan Tech, January 28-29

Pages : [1] 2

Twitch Boy
01-24-2011, 12:32 PM
Wisconsin looks to extend Tech's streak of woe to 22.

In addition, if Wisconsin can keep Tech off the board until 3:53 of the 2nd period Friday night, they will help Tech set the new school record for longest scoreless streak. (Hopefully I got the math right THAT time.)

FadeToBlack&Gold
01-24-2011, 01:15 PM
Over/under on bigblue and Shirtless starting an annoying verbal joust with at least two Wisconsin fans is set at 15 posts. I'm taking the under. :p

JF_Gophers
01-24-2011, 01:27 PM
Remember when Tech was undefeated? Yeah, me either.

Timothy A
01-24-2011, 01:40 PM
Remember when Tech was undefeated? Yeah, me either.

Well, they were 0-0 at one point, take some pity of the poor lads. A rodent fan picking on tech is pretty low, considering in terms of expectations, both teams are on par with eachother. It's one thing to suck and know there's no way out of it, it's another to suck and not being able to open the right door to exit suckiness.

WeWantMore
01-24-2011, 01:41 PM
So, uh, does that deer offer still stand?

bigblue_dl
01-24-2011, 01:47 PM
Well, they were 0-0 at one point, take some pity of the poor lads. A rodent fan picking on tech is pretty low, considering in terms of expectations, both teams are on par with eachother. It's one thing to suck and know there's no way out of it, it's another to suck and not being able to open the right door to exit suckiness.
Actually Tech started the season 3-0-2, since that point, haven't won a single game.

FadeToBlack&Gold
01-24-2011, 02:01 PM
Actually Tech started the season 3-0-2, since that point, haven't won a single game.

Wins against the CCHA don't count; everyone knows that. ;)

bigblue_dl
01-24-2011, 02:03 PM
Wins against the CCHA don't count; everyone knows that. ;)
Well, that leaves 1 win against Mankato.

techcodemonkey
01-24-2011, 02:14 PM
Overall, I'd say:

Friday 5-0
Saturday 6-1 (Tech scores first to end that streak, but then Wisconsin opens the floodgates)

Even though I'd kind of like to see the scoreless streak continue, it's gotta end sooner or later.

22! Hahaha

FadeToBlack&Gold
01-25-2011, 02:46 AM
Here ya go, Badger fans:

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/heavy-duty-amish-corn-broom/heavy-duty-amish-corn-broom.jpg

JohnsonsJerseys
01-25-2011, 07:40 AM
We need to negotiate. We are willing to give four points to WI this weekend, if in turn they allow us to score a minimum of 8 goals on the weekend. Feel free to beat us maybe 6-3 one night and 6-5 the other night, but at least if we start scoring both fan bases will leave the weekend feeling more positive about our chances in the future. If you don't give into our demands, all of Tech will jump on the Steelers band wagon under the weak excuse of how much we like their team colors and how Big Ben > Favre Jr.
:-)
Ryan J

ShoelessSchippa
01-25-2011, 03:41 PM
It's sad when the Lions finish with more wins than the Huskies. I know the season isn't over yet, but I cant see them winning any more games. Then can we finally bring in a coach?

FadeToBlack&Gold
01-25-2011, 03:46 PM
Then can we finally bring in a coach?

Nope, MSU will steal him first. We're not allowed to have nice things.

The Darkness
01-26-2011, 04:21 PM
It would be real funny if Jamie somehow landed the Michigan State job and lead Sparty to a National Championship within his first couple years.

I would actually be so amused by that I wouldn't mind it happening despite how much I would hate to see MSU win anything.

Shirtless Guy
01-27-2011, 10:38 AM
this thread is boring so....TECH SWEEPS!!!! write it down ;)

Chuck Schwartz
01-27-2011, 10:42 AM
this thread is boring so....TECH SWEEPS!!!! write it down ;)

Tech couldn't sweep my driveway.

bigblue_dl
01-27-2011, 10:46 AM
It would be a moral victory to not get shutout both games.

JF_Gophers
01-27-2011, 10:51 AM
I think this season is setting up for a storybook ending for Tech. A win in the first round of the WCHA playoffs and then a miracle run through the Final Five (6) and on into the NCAA tournament!

bigblue_dl
01-27-2011, 11:05 AM
I think this season is setting up for a storybook ending for Tech. A win in the first round of the WCHA playoffs and then a miracle run through the Final Five (6) and on into the NCAA tournament!
You're high.

ShoelessSchippa
01-27-2011, 11:40 AM

Only if they allow Pee-Wee hockey to represent the rest of the WCHA. Even then I dont know...