Saves For A Cure Games in Brockport and Morrisville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saves For A Cure Games in Brockport and Morrisville

The Final two Saves For A Cure, Inc. games are coming up.

First: In Brockport, this Saturday 1/29 vs. Neumann @ 7:00pm in Tuttle North Ice Arena.

The Jersey Auction is now online: http://www.gobrockport.com/sports/20...124110742.aspx

The Brockport Athletic Department purchased and donated the SFAC jerseys to be auctioned for the third year in a row. New Athletic Director Noah Lefevre continued the support for SFAC along with the Coaching Staff, S.I.D. Kelly Vergin and other members of the school. 100% of the bids will go directly to SFAC. There will also be other small fundraisors at the game. The next night, 1/30 there will be a benefit dinner held in brockport at Flash's Tavern & Restaurant from 3-7pm. $10 for dinner and there will be a Chinese auction. Running this event is Elise Harvey. Feel free to contact me with questions

Next week: In Morrisville 2/5 vs Plattsburgh @7:00pm

The auction is also up on: http://athletics.morrisville.edu/jerseyauction.aspx

The Morrisville coaching staff along with Caylin Relkoff found a jersey donor and 100% of the online auction will again go directly to SFAC. Coach Grady and Relkoff are responsible for putting this game together and deserve all the credit. There will also be fundraisors during the game.

Thank you and please help support these events!

Todd Sheridan
    Todd Sheridan
    Founder and CEO of Saves For A Cure, Inc.
    Todd@Savesforacure.com
    27 Ellis Drive
    Brockport, NY 14420
    (585) 391-3333

"Beat Cancer, Never Quit"

Re: Saves For A Cure Games in Brockport and Morrisville

Good to see the hockey community get involved in this program. Keep up the good work Todd.

Comment

Agree 110%.

As I've talked with Todd already about. I really hope the SUNYAC pushes to make this a conference wide event every season just like the reaf-laking project they do in the fall that has hundreds of student athletes out in their respective towns raking leaves for the elderly or disabled in the community.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by mdmadison View Post
        Good to see the hockey community get involved in this program. Keep up the good work Todd.
        Watching great hockey is awesome, but it doesn't hold a light to watching the hockey community come together to support great causes.

To Todd and all those who go the extra distance, particularly during the already hectic season, words are not enough - Thank You!!!

I noticed this "annual NADIIIAA/Josten's Community Service Awards" post - there many DIII Hockey Schools listed - Kudos to all.

Pink the Rink - at the Plattsburgh/Oswego game this weekend at the Stafford - All proceeds from the event will go to the Fitzpatrick Cancer Center Treasure Chests Fund of the CVPH Foundation.
        Larry Normandin
        SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
        WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Todd, you were always a tremendous competitor on the ice and an inspiration. Its great that you are focusing your efforts on this now. Thanks for all of your work--I hope these fundraisers will be a huge success.
          #OneKnight

Comment

Thanks guys, things are going well and coming together. I am in a good situation and am getting the needed help from some volunteers. It would be impossible to run this company without these people. None of us recieve any form of salary so it is a true nonprofit. There are some people who are really putting the effort into this in all 3 campuses.
            I should hopefully have a picture of the jerseys tomorrow if they are ready before practice.

Brockport write-up:
            http://brockporthockey.blogspot.com/...-saturday.html

Another fundraising activity going on following the game:
            http://brockporthockey.blogspot.com/...-sheridan.html

- Rumor has it that Jim Reisdorf has been challenged to make the trip to take his shots...

Todd
            Todd Sheridan
            Todd@Savesforacure.com
            27 Ellis Drive
            Brockport, NY 14420
            (585) 391-3333

Comment

hahaha As much as I would love to light the lamp on you this weekend Todd, I can't miss the Plattsburgh/Oswego game.....
              Jim Reisdorf
              Standing on the Rail #59

jim@loremans.com contact me for all your custom embroidery, engraving and screen printing needs! check out our website... www.loremans.com

Romney will be missed by all that have been there for the great match ups between Platty and 'Wego!!!

After Closing out Romney the right way, We opened the new rink the right way.... another loss for the Lakers!

St. Louis is a BUM!!!!

Go Sabres!!!

Comment

Todd - beware....news report on NBC this week had a story on how the Komen Organization has been trademarking hundreds of "...for the cure" names and slogans....and has been pursuing legal action......be on the lookout...
                LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                  Todd - beware....news report on NBC this week had a story on how the Komen Organization has been trademarking hundreds of "...for the cure" names and slogans....and has been pursuing legal action......be on the lookout...
                  Wow. A charity organization screwing other charity organizations.

How low can we go?
                  Russell Jaslow
                  [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                  U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Russ you would be surprised. I will not get into a discussion about other nonprofits or talk bad about different organization but the one thing that people need to do is please do your research before you donate. I absolutely hate when people think they are donating their hard earned money to cancer patients and other causes, when in truth they are, in some cases, just paying salaries. Just because SFAC is 100% revenue, I do not think it is possible for many other companies to conduct their business that way. That being said, do the salaries being made need to be as high as they are? Admittedly, I do not know much about the structure of the Komen foundation (so this is not directed at them) but there are others out there that pay executives an unacceptable amount of money. I do feel that some of the lines between nonprofits and retail stores are becoming blurred. It is easy to donate and assume companies are doing the right thing; I wore something I received for a donation for a few years until I found out where my money actually went.

It's not all bad, there are many nonprofits out there that are doing things the right way and feel just like the people who work with me: just want to help in any way possible.

Thank you for the heads up but as far as a potential lawsuit goes: I heard about this a few weeks ago and all the information I could gather says that the cases have dealt with companies using the words "the cure" along with the color pink in a fundraising event. We are "A Cure" and have yet to use the color pink. It is by coincidence only that we have not used pink. I have no intention of allowing myself, my company or the kids I am raising this money for to be bullied.
                    Todd Sheridan
                    Todd@Savesforacure.com
                    27 Ellis Drive
                    Brockport, NY 14420
                    (585) 391-3333

Comment

Jersey Pictures from Brockport:
                      http://brockporthockey.blogspot.com/...c-jerseys.html
                      Todd Sheridan
                      Todd@Savesforacure.com
                      27 Ellis Drive
                      Brockport, NY 14420
                      (585) 391-3333

Comment

Originally posted by Saves For A Cure View Post
                        Russ you would be surprised. I will not get into a discussion about other nonprofits or talk bad about different organization but the one thing that people need to do is please do your research before you donate. I absolutely hate when people think they are donating their hard earned money to cancer patients and other causes, when in truth they are, in some cases, just paying salaries. Just because SFAC is 100% revenue, I do not think it is possible for many other companies to conduct their business that way. That being said, do the salaries being made need to be as high as they are? Admittedly, I do not know much about the structure of the Komen foundation (so this is not directed at them) but there are others out there that pay executives an unacceptable amount of money. I do feel that some of the lines between nonprofits and retail stores are becoming blurred. It is easy to donate and assume companies are doing the right thing; I wore something I received for a donation for a few years until I found out where my money actually went.

It's not all bad, there are many nonprofits out there that are doing things the right way and feel just like the people who work with me: just want to help in any way possible.

Thank you for the heads up but as far as a potential lawsuit goes: I heard about this a few weeks ago and all the information I could gather says that the cases have dealt with companies using the words "the cure" along with the color pink in a fundraising event. We are "A Cure" and have yet to use the color pink. It is by coincidence only that we have not used pink. I have no intention of allowing myself, my company or the kids I am raising this money for to be bullied.
                        +1

You are so right, I often use "Charity Navigator" when checking organizations, here are some examples, using Susan G. Komen for the Cure. (CEO Salary: $531,924), American Red Cross (CEO Salary: $446,867) and the American Cancer Society (Deputy CEO Salary: $1,027,306).
                        Last edited by norm1909; 01-30-2011, 03:08 PM.
                        Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

‎2011 Saves For A Cure Weekend in Brockport Raises $4,272!

People to Thank
                          Jersey Auction: Coach Brian Dickinson, Sports Information Director Kelly Vergin, Athletic Director Noah Lefevre, Athletic Director Susan Hoffman. A huge thanks to those in the Athletic Department who made the decision to continue to purchase the jerseys as a donation to Saves For A Cure for the 3rd straight year. $27 dollars per jersey which is just over a $700 donation by Brockport.

Benefit Dinner: Project Manager Elise Harvey (Mark Digby's cousin), Flash's Tavern, Recreational Services

"Shoot For A Cure": $410 for 123 Shots. Three Project Managers: Otto Isenberg, Grant Vogues, Alisha Gruendike

Collections and others: Ed Brown, Tiffany Olivadoti and all others who volunteered their time and generously donated.

When I receive the official total from the Oswego game it will be posted.

Thank you to all those who supported this great weekend!
                          Todd Sheridan
                          Todd@Savesforacure.com
                          27 Ellis Drive
                          Brockport, NY 14420
                          (585) 391-3333

Comment

Originally posted by Saves For A Cure View Post
                            "Shoot For A Cure": $410 for 123 Shots.
                            So the question is.... How many saves did you make???
                            Jim Reisdorf
                            Standing on the Rail #59

jim@loremans.com contact me for all your custom embroidery, engraving and screen printing needs! check out our website... www.loremans.com

Romney will be missed by all that have been there for the great match ups between Platty and 'Wego!!!

After Closing out Romney the right way, We opened the new rink the right way.... another loss for the Lakers!

St. Louis is a BUM!!!!

Go Sabres!!!

Comment

Shoot for a Cure - I like it
                              Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Working...
                              X