Re: BU @ Maine 1/28-29: Weekend at TIMMAY's

Talk about two evenly matched teams. Check out the PWR
    Maine___vs.___Boston University
    .5404___RPI___.5348
    3-6-1___TUC___4-7-4
    8-4-2___COp___8-5-3
    0-0-1___H2H___0-0-1
    ______2_TOT_1
    Me: ...but why would anyone want to vacation here? There are better mountains in NH and VT, beaches in Cape Cod and RI, and colonial landmarks in Mass and CT.

Boss: You've got it all wrong. It's Vacationland because nobody would ever want to live here for more than a week.

Go MAINE! My sometimes home

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
      Four college students. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions so far.
      FL....if you take a day trip into Bangor you can hit up the Hollywood Slots for a bit and then head over to the Seadog Brewing Co.for lunch. Makes a nice break from drinking cheap NH booze all day back at the room in the Black Bear Inn.......I should know!
      Please join me in the fight to reduce the world's supply of Bacardi.

Comment

Originally posted by MaineMan View Post
        Breakfast: Johnny's (old town)

Lunch: Verve (orono)

Dinner: Margaritas (orono)

Drinks: Woodman's

You won't be sorry. Unless you don't like Mexican, then go to Woodmans instead of Margs for dinner.
        generally speaking, the food at margaritas is terrible.
        “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
        Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
        Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
        National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
          Have you tried the fish tacos? Yum!

To each his own, I guess. I really prefer Margaritas and hate Pepino's while some of my friends have opposite tastes. Of course, they are wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
            I have not been to the Pat's in Orono (I think this was the original?), I have been to the Yarmouth and Sunday River locations though... fantasitic Pizza IMO. Kind of like simple, but awesome!
            it's been my experience that none of the Pat's other franchises have pizza nearly as good as the original in Orono. But then again, I haven't eaten at any other location than Orono in years, so maybe that's changed. After all, old Pat isn't around anymore to add his secret ingredient in to the sauce as he stirred(ashes from his cigar)
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
              it's been my experience that none of the Pat's other franchises have pizza nearly as good as the original in Orono. But then again, I haven't eaten at any other location than Orono in years, so maybe that's changed. After all, old Pat isn't around anymore to add his secret ingredient in to the sauce as he stirred(ashes from his cigar)
              It's the original pans from when they first opened, decades of caked on grease.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                You would be correct. No other than the original Pats is great...the other Pats are imitations, but not good enuf.
                I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                  Rules numbered 1, 2 and 3 young Stevie:

1) Never eat food at a place named after a drink.
                  2) Never eat any food at a restaurant other than their claim to fame...i.e. dont order a hamburger in an italian restaurant...duh
                  3) Never break rules 1 and 2.

You would be surprised how many people I've run into complaining about food at some joint because they've gone outside of their expertise and found out they shouldnt be cooking it. Order fish only in a fish house, pasta dishes in an italian joint, greek food in a greek restaurant, steaks in a steakhouse, and yes, hamburgers at McDonalds (yeach)
                  Last edited by acs64; 01-25-2011, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by john g View Post
                    Have you tried the fish tacos? Yum!

To each his own, I guess. I really prefer Margaritas and hate Pepino's while some of my friends have opposite tastes. Of course, they are wrong.
                    Pepino's rocks...at least it usta.....have their own green sauce for sale. Great for starting a woodfire, warming up da belly and giving the dos equis something to wash down.

Far as the game goes, Jackie sucks, BU sucks, and BC sucks.
                    Last edited by acs64; 01-25-2011, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                      No Steak and Shake!? Think of the kids.
                      Me: ...but why would anyone want to vacation here? There are better mountains in NH and VT, beaches in Cape Cod and RI, and colonial landmarks in Mass and CT.

Boss: You've got it all wrong. It's Vacationland because nobody would ever want to live here for more than a week.

Go MAINE! My sometimes home

Comment

Far as the game goes, Jackie sucks, BU sucks, and BC sucks.
                        and Maine swallows.
                        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Rules numbered 1, 2 and 3 young Stevie:

2) Never eat any food at a restaurant other than their claim to fame...i.e. dont order a hamburger in an italian restaurant...duh
                          3) Never break rules 1 and 2.
                          Edit to #1: Unless you have had several of the referenced drinks first.

BTW, I second Steve's sentiment. Ate there once. Was very disappointed. I'm a snooty flan eater (what can I say, spent several years in Mexico and Iberia), and theirs was among the worst I have ever had.
                          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post

BTW, I second Steve's sentiment. Ate there once. Was very disappointed. I'm a snooty flan eater (what can I say, spent several years in Mexico and Iberia), and theirs was among the worst I have ever had.
                            just so you know Orono is full of Gringos
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post

Long time ago, shortly after opening, it actually used to be decent, although my choice of mexicali would always be Pepinos.....that s the problem with college communitys where the emphasis becomes drinking and getting chithoused...the food suffers eventually. That, my guess, is what likely happened to Margaritas. Betchya the Margaritas are dam good though. In any event, itz all ur fault for not asking me where to eat, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                                and Maine swallows.
                                I can see you bc fanboyz have honed ur response skillz at the expense of the derrieres.

wait a minute...this is coming from a non-bc alum phercrissakes...you mite as well be that JD fella, who went to skool at, what wuzzit, westport college?

Comment

Working...
                                X