Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BU @ Maine 1/28-29: Weekend at TIMMAY's

Originally posted by Erix_The_Red View Post
    I think more details are required. I mean if we're talking just a single guy with no family to drag around, he might want to just hit up Woodman's for some beer and good food. Or maybe some Verve burritos for lunch.
    Four college students. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions so far.
    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
      Four college students. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions so far.
      Breakfast: Johnny's (old town)

Lunch: Verve (orono)

Dinner: Margaritas (orono)

Drinks: Woodman's

You won't be sorry. Unless you don't like Mexican, then go to Woodmans instead of Margs for dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
        Pat's Pizza, Bear Brew, for breakfast Tim Horton's since you cannot get it in Mass or Governor's.
        Pat's in Orono is the best pizza parlor I think I've ever been to. You could go to one of the last three Howard Johnson restaurants in the country but I didn't think the food was that good.

Comment

Pats Pizza. I had a huge plate of spaghetti and it was delish. Lots of hockey fans there too

Comment

Originally posted by MaineMan View Post
            Breakfast: Johnny's (old town)

Lunch: Verve (orono)

Dinner: Margaritas (orono)

Drinks: Woodman's

You won't be sorry. Unless you don't like Mexican, then go to Woodmans instead of Margs for dinner.
            THIS THIS THIS

Margs also has $2 20oz Natty's. A college student's dream.
            Me: ...but why would anyone want to vacation here? There are better mountains in NH and VT, beaches in Cape Cod and RI, and colonial landmarks in Mass and CT.

Boss: You've got it all wrong. It's Vacationland because nobody would ever want to live here for more than a week.

Go MAINE! My sometimes home

Comment

Originally posted by UML View Post
              Pat's in Orono is the best pizza parlor I think I've ever been to. You could go to one of the last three Howard Johnson restaurants in the country but I didn't think the food was that good.
              I have not been to the Pat's in Orono (I think this was the original?), I have been to the Yarmouth and Sunday River locations though... fantasitic Pizza IMO. Kind of like simple, but awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                Might as well get this started. I'll be heading up for the weekend. Second visit to Alfond, but first time spending more than a few hours in the Orono/Bangor area. Anyone got some suggestions for places to eat and things to do on Saturday?
                Bring your cross country skis or hiking boots and drive down to Mount Desert for a hike or ski in Acadia. If it's a clear day, you'll enjoy the views! If you're into working out, they've got a pretty amazing fitness center on campus that allows some outsiders to pay to get in, not sure if that includes your "ilk."

Comment

It'd have to be pretty amazing to compete with the FitRec.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                    I have not been to the Pat's in Orono (I think this was the original?), I have been to the Yarmouth and Sunday River locations though... fantasitic Pizza IMO. Kind of like simple, but awesome!
                    I lived off Pats Pizzas way back. With a draft down stairs you couldnt beat it. Dont know how many times we had it delivered to the dorms....yum. Ordering spaghetti at Pats has got to blashemous though.
                    I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
                      It'd have to be pretty amazing to compete with the FitRec.
                      I'm not familiar with FitRec. so can't make a valid comparison (and don't know what purpose it would serve if I could), but I suspect that it has one major flaw that makes it vastly inferior for the purposes of this thread, it's located about 250 miles too far away from where these guys will be on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                        I lived off Pats Pizzas way back. With a draft down stairs you couldnt beat it. Dont know how many times we had it delivered to the dorms....yum. Ordering spaghetti at Pats has got to blashemous though.
                        We used to stop in on our way home from high school. Agreed on the blasphemy thing, I thought he was talking about a spaghetti pizza, which didn't sound so good.
                        bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                        SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                        All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                        A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

I liked Pat's. Goooooood pizza. Will need to see if that's on the itinerary for this trip. What's the forecast up there? Looks like travel there on Friday should be fine. What about the rest of the time there?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            I liked Pat's. Goooooood pizza. Will need to see if that's on the itinerary for this trip. What's the forecast up there? Looks like travel there on Friday should be fine. What about the rest of the time there?
                            Bring your mucklucks ................!!

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                              Pizza or why bother going to Pats, double dough, double cheese, double Hamburg, Double Pep, you'll swear the Exxon Valdez crashed on top of your pizza. Grab a 1inch thick wad of napkins and lay it on the top of the pizza. You wring that out and you could heat your house for a day.
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I had the good fortune to get to several BU-Maine games at Alfond when I lived in Maine, fond memories. It's going to take a real effort but I think I have to get back there in the next few years for a game.

Anyhoo, Maine sucks, they cheat, the players are all 27 years old and the girls are uglier than a moose with mange:

That ought to get us out of the Zagats portion of the prologue.
                                I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X