The Second Battle of the MI Directional Schools: NMU @ WMU, Jan 28/29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Second Battle of the MI Directional Schools: NMU @ WMU, Jan 28/29

This weekend, the 'Cats head down to Kalamazoo to take on what seems to be a MUCH improved Broncos team.
    NMU is coming off a huge sweep of Ferris State, no doubt thanks to the stellar play of goalie Reid Ellingson. Western is coming off a pair of ties with Soo Tech, winning the Friday night shootout 3-1 but losing a 7 round thriller 1-0 on Saturday.
    These teams last met in Marquette back in December, with NMU winning Friday night 4-3, and Western winning 1-0 in the shootout Saturday after skating to a 4-4 tie.
    Right now, these teams sit tied with Ferris for 4th place in the CCHA. However, if the national tourny started today, NMU would be sitting at home while WMU would be a 3 seed. No offense, but I had to pick my jaw up off the floor when I saw that one.

Big weekend here, kids. Let's hope we have some chatter, and we don't have to keep bumping this off of page 3.
    Discuss.
    Always a Wildcat...
    Originally posted by Kepler
    If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Re: The Second Battle of the MI Directional Schools: NMU @ WMU, Jan 28/29

The cats are really starting to show the "2nd half team", they gotta keep it up, hopefully NCAA's again this year.

Go Cats!
    NMU

Comment

Dude, really? I dragged this up from page 3 just like I said I didn't want to.

I'll remember this when it's March and the bandwagon comes rolling in again.
      Always a Wildcat...
      Originally posted by Kepler
      If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
        Dude, really? I dragged this up from page 3 just like I said I didn't want to.

I'll remember this when it's March and the bandwagon comes rolling in again.
        Ah, yes, the patented "NMU crazy second-half run where they knock off some CCHA bigwig and go to the Joe and end up a TUC and I smash my head against a tree" maneuver. Saw it coming from a mile away.
        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Frankly, I'll be happy with a split. Even that might be too much to ask, however.

GO CATS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN View Post
            Frankly, I'll be happy with a split. Even that might be too much to ask, however.

GO CATS!!!
            A split means NMU will win the tie-breaker vs. Western.

That would also include tie breakers over:
            Ferris State
            Alaska
            Ohio State

NMU truly controls their own destiny.
            Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
            1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
            1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
            2006-2007: 15-24-2
            2007-2008: 20-20-4
            2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Well they shot themselves in the foot. Goaltending is not the issue, but offensive and defensive lapses are causing the problems. For most of the game, the Cats played well making great tape to tape passes, know where each other are... then they'll relapse and not know where the puck is, not know were each other are and play like rookies. Then they'll play fantastic after they get burned during the relapse.

These kids can make amazing things happen... They just need to want to do it.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
              X