New Poll Predictions for 1/24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Poll Predictions for 1/24

This is asssuming a Geneseo win tomorrow against Potsdam.

1.Oswego
    2.St. Norbert
    3.Castleton
    4.Manhattanville
    5.Norwich
    6.Bowdoin
    7.Plattsburgh
    8.Adrian
    9.MSOE
    10.Geneseo
    11.Hamline
    12.Hobart
    13.Williams
    14.Elmira
    15.Utica

If I was actually submitting a ballot..This is how it would go.

1.Oswego
    2.St. Norbert
    3.Plattsburgh
    4.Castleton
    5.Manhattanville
    6.Norwich
    7.Elmira
    8.Bowdoin
    9.Adrian
    10.MSOE
    11.Geneseo
    12.Hamline
    13.Hobart
    14.Utica
    15.Neumann
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: New Poll Predictions for 1/24

I think you might be under the influence. Hamline deserves a higher rank. Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by puckrfactor View Post
      I think you might be under the influence. Hamline deserves a higher rank. Just saying.
      Maybe...But it's hard to put them in front of Geneseo or Adrian when both beat Hamline head to head earlier this year.
      GO LAKERS!!!
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

True that. But they beat MSOE and SNC and I believe 4 of the top ten teams lost this weekend. Hamline swept the Tommies too. Where's the Love? Even NUProf shows a little more respect. lol

Comment

And Hamline beat UW Superior who beat Adrian this weekend. Just sayin'

Comment

Both Norwich & Bowdoin need to drop further, Bowdoin maybe out of the top 10.
            Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
              Both Norwich & Bowdoin need to drop further, Bowdoin maybe out of the top 10.
              I agree with Peach and also think Superior deserves a spot over one of the ECAC-W teams.

Comment

Originally posted by oldguard View Post
                I agree with Peach and also think Superior deserves a spot over one of the ECAC-W teams.
                While I don't necessarily disagree with you, which would you drop? Prez included 4/5 in his prediction, and 5/5 in his "how I would vote", so you have all the options available!
                Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Actually it was UW - Eau Claire who beat Geneseo and Adrian (along with a many more top 15's). On the flip side UWS did sweep UW - Eau Claire.

Comment

I would even go so far as saying all the ECAC-W teams should be ahead of Bowdoin, and I'd put Elmira and Adrian ahead of Norwich....not sure I'd place Castleton in the top 5.
                    Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Originally posted by puckrfactor View Post
                      And Hamline beat UW Superior who beat Adrian this weekend. Just sayin'
                      Adrian did not lose to UW Superior. They didnt even play them they played Lawerance

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
                        I would even go so far as saying all the ECAC-W teams should be ahead of Bowdoin, and I'd put Elmira and Adrian ahead of Norwich....not sure I'd place Castleton in the top 5.
                        Why wouldn't you put Castleton in the top five?

They have the longest winning streak in the nation at 11 straight. They are a blue collar team that will challenge you every inch of the ice sheet. Their top line could be the best in the country, play solid team defense, and have quality goaltending.

What's not to like?
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                          Why wouldn't you put Castleton in the top five?

They have the longest winning streak in the nation at 11 straight. They are a blue collar team that will challenge you every inch of the ice sheet. Their top line could be the best in the country, play solid team defense, and have quality goaltending.

What's not to like?

Aside from beating Norwich in OT (who has since lost a few games), what other impressive games do they have to show? Your putting them in the top 5, they havent been ranked once this year and now going to the top 5?

Comment

If you want to know what the poll would look like using the PWR numbers, here you go. Again, since this is using the NCAA criteria it is subject to debate, I'd like to see how Josh's rankings compare to mine.

1 Oswego
                            2 St. Norbert
                            3 Hamline
                            4 Plattsburgh
                            5 Elmira
                            6 Manhattanville
                            7 Wis. Superior
                            8 Hobart
                            9 Castleton
                            10 Wis. Eau-Claire
                            11 Adrian
                            12 Geneseo
                            13 Neumann
                            14 Utica
                            15 Norwich

Will the USCHO poll look like this? Not a chance. However I guarantee if the NCAA were to release their rankings this week the order would be A LOT more like this than it would the USCHO poll.

Specifically, Norwich gets destroyed by many many teams ahead of them. They have a ton of work to do. Hamline, Plattsburgh, and Elmira are very underrated. Castleton has played a weak schedule which inflates their Win %. A couple losses will sink them.

The first teams left out of the top 15 were Bowdoin for the East and Wis. Stout for the west.

Comment

For your viewing pleasure.......from last weeks poll and this weeks result

Code:
                              TEAM W - L - T WEEK RESULTS RESULTS RESULTS
                              OSWEGO 17 - 2 - 0 (2-0) W 4-1 @ UR BUFF STATE W/OT 5-4 @ UR FREDONIA -
                              ST.NORBERT 16 - 3 - 0 (1-1) L 0-3 @ UR UWS W 5-4 @ UR UWS -
                              NORWICH 11 - 5 - 1 (1-1) L 2-5 @ UR WESLEYAN W 1-0 @ UR TRINITY -
                              BOWDOIN 11 - 3 - 0 (1-1) W 5-2 @ UR TUFTS L 1-2 @ UR CONN COLLEGE -
                              MANHATTANVILLE 13 - 4 - 1 (1-1) L 2-5 @ UR NEUMANN W 3-1 @ UR NEUMANN -
                              WILLIAMS 10 - 3 - 2 (1-1-1) L 1-5 @ #13 PLATTSBURGH T 2-2 UR ST.ANSELM W/OT 4-3 UR NEC
                              GENESEO 12 - 5 - 2 (1-1) L 2-4 @ #13 PLATTSBURGH W 4-3 @ UR POTSDAM -
                              CASTLETON 15 - 2 - 0 (2-0) W 4-2 @ UR HAMILTON W/OT 3-2 @ UR AMHERST -
                              ADRIAN 13 - 3 - 1 (2-0) W 4-3 @ UR LAWRENCE W 3-1 @ UR LAWRENCE -
                              UTICA 13 - 5 - 0 (0-1) L 1-5 @ UR ELMIRA - -
                              MSOE 13 - 3 - 1 (2-0) W 6-1 @ UR FINLANDIA W 5-1 @ UR FINLANDIA -
                              HAMLINE 11 - 3 - 3 (2-0) W 6-0 UR ST.THOMAS W 2-1 @ UR ST.THOMAS -
                              PLATTSBURGH 13 - 4 - 1 (3-0) W 5-1 #6 WILLIAMS W 4-2 #7 GENESEO w 4-2 UR BROCKPORT
                              HOBART 11 - 4 - 1 IDLE IDLE IDLE IDLE
                              GUSTAVUS 11 - 6 - 2 (1-1) W 5-1 UR ST.JOHNS L 1-3 @ UR ST.JOHNS -
                              Remy Babineaux
                              remyb616@gmail.com
                              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Working...
                              X