Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    You're going to sit there and claim that because he doesn't have a successor right there waiting in the wings, that he's wrong to suggest Stewart should be seseking other employment? Wow, you really killed that logical fallacy.

Appert "manufactures his own problems?" What world are you living in? It certainly isn't the real world. There's only so much frustration one coach can put up with when he's watching his team constantly getting screwed by poor officiating.
    What is your definition of the "real world"? In the real world, no matter what the sport, coaches never win the coach vs official combative approach.
    Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

Comment

Originally posted by hockeymascot View Post
      What is your definition of the "real world"? In the real world, no matter what the sport, coaches never win the coach vs official combative approach.
      "Shut up and take it like a good little boy."

Yeah, no dice there.
      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

You sure about that?

Comment

• Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
          Klump is injecting his opinion into this and I can tell you that Stewart never "accused" Klump of being like Appert. Think about it. Your opinion you are entitled to, however, do not spin the facts.
          It's a bit of a stretch for you to accuse me of spinning the facts - I pulled the quotes directly off Klump's twitter feed. If you followed up on things before opening your mouth and looked at his feed, you would know that.

Anyone else notice that the bed seems to be getting a bit moist after this weekend?
          Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            You sure about that?

You got me FD....one of the best lines ever.....however, I can't think of an ECAC official SA could use that on. It does not appear any of them like donuts!
            Last edited by hockeymascot; 02-13-2011, 10:11 AM.
            Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

Comment

You got me FD....one of the best lines ever.....however, I can't think of an ECAC official SA could use that on. It does not appear any of them like donuts!
              I bet I could hold out a Tim Horton's bag of doughnuts from Section 33 and see 8 eyes light up.
              Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 02-13-2011, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
                and that is why Stewart will go to his grave defending them based on his first hand experience on the job.
                And that is the problem with officiating in all sports. It is a very difficult job. And people make mistakes. But nobody ever says in public that an official made a mistake. I just doesn't happen. They are not gods. They should be held responsible for their actions in public where their mistakes are made. An official whos mistake costs a team a game should have his decision overturned. Even if it is discovered after the game ends.
                I don't think that an official should be fired for a mistake, but if he makes many of the same mistakes, someone should look at the record and make the appropriate decision on his competency.
                As a fan, I know that I see things differently when they pertain to RPI and sometimes I see penalties where none occur. But the officials do make mistakes and like a player who costs his team a goal with poor play, he should be benched.
                Stewart and all supervisors of officials will always protect their employees, and they think that it is for the integrity of the game, but it is just for the protection of the officials. Lets celebrate the great officials, and there are some and send the ineffective ones down for more seasoning just as the player are.
                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                Benjamin Franklin
                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                Gary Player

Comment

Who do you propose should take this glorious job? Do you have someone to recommend? Also, already once suspended Coach Appert manufactures his own problems as they relate to officials.
                  How about we start with anybody but Paul Stewart.
                  "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Not really looking to defend the officials per se, but it's a tough way to make $158.00.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                      Not really looking to defend the officials per se, but it's a tough way to make $158.00.
                      Over $60 an hour to be completely incompetent? That doesn't sound like a bad gig.

Comment

Hey whoever the Kool Aid drinker for Stewart is who gave me the negative rep for my comments this morning understand that I wear your scorn as a badge of honor. You shouldn't be gutless and have the heart to sign it To JM, with all due respect let's not be naive about this situation. When the head of officials makes a bush league statement about Coach like that you know that his thinking influences the rest of the refs. Look at the Harvard game and Hicks distribution of calls and tell me there is no issue.
                        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

I must apologize to Aspydad for three + years he has been saying the the officials are biased against RPI for some reason and I've been telling he's paranoid.Well he is paranoid but not in this case...of all people to prove his point Paul Stewart in living color in front of witnesses....it doesn't get any better than that...If the integrity of the officiating was in question before there should no questions now thanks to Mr.Stewarts egotistical rant and taking special care to single out SA...As long as Paul Stewart is the head of officiating the integrity of all officials will be in question that is a choice he made when he shot off his big mouth and a choice Mr.Hagwell will make if he keeps him in that position.As far as whom would replace Stewart...well at this point it appeard Bozo the Clown would be a good choice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
                            I was not at the interview....however I did speak to Paul Stewart after the interview. No matter who you speak to, they will give their point of view. Stewart did mention that he requested a sports info director be present during the interview and there was one present.....Union's I imagine. He also stated that there were six officiating observers at the RPI/Cornell game who were consistent with their ratings that the officials did a good job. I am not trying to argue with you Aspy, I just think officiating is one of the toughest jobs there is to do, and that is why Stewart will go to his grave defending them based on his first hand experience on the job.
                            It doesn't matter what Stewart said there where eye witnesses knucklehead it is not a matter of opinion it is on the record now...he did it...he said it...and all that is left is what is going to be done about it...if I were the on ice officials I would call for a vote on non confidence because he has covered them in sh*t now...and as far as the six officiating observers imagine what would happen to them if they came back to Col.Jessup(aka.Paul Stewart) and told him the officiating was not good...well just ask Jason Klump how they would fare.It appears the apple is rotten to the core !!!!
                            What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                              I don't think Appert did himself or the team any favors by trying to pin the loss on the refs. Anytime you are given a 5 minute major at the end of regulation and into OT and can't do anything with it there is no one else to blame but yourself for not taking advantage. I didn't have much of a problem with the Bailen even up call, he did push the Cornell forward and putting a team down 5 on 3 in OT is a brave call to make even without the push. My guess is that Cornell fans don't feel like the refs were on their side either. We need to stop whining.

The past couple of weekends show us how important Bergin is to this team and how thin things are due to the 11th hour defections. We've got enough talent when the entire team is there but losing even one key player makes a difference.

Tough weekend. Unless we sweep in the NC then the road to AC likely runs through Ithaca or Hanover. Ouch.
                              I think you wrapped it up pretty well. The power play was not good this weekend. I think they fell into a common trap during the 5 on three situations. They tried to make the perfect pass and get an open net. You are two men up. Get a lane, shoot the puck and go get the rebound. I would like to see them be a bit more agressive and frenetic on the PP.

Appert has said all season that this team will win with its seniors and they did not play well as a group this weekend. This team is not as taleted as Yale or Union, or even Dartmouth. What they have is tenacity, speed, grit and leadership. That has to shine the next two weekends or we are looking at a first-round matchup with Harvard, SLU or Colgate. I think we are 3-2 against those teams with 2 of the three wins by one goal.

Hang onto your seats the last two weeks, this should be fun. The Engineers could finish anywhere between third and 7th. With the injuries and lack of qulaity depth, this team could really use the bye.

Comment

Has anybody heard how JFK is doing?

Comment

Working...
                                X