Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

On a nicer topic - USCHO's "Hobey Watch" has some commentary on Polacek: http://www.uscho.com/hobeywatch/2011...nt-dump-chase/
    APBWiki

Comment

Jason Klump of College Hockey News had the 'audacity' to question Mr.Paul Stewart about the quality of refereeing at the RPI game tonight when he spotted him at the Union game. According to Klump's twitter (@Jason_Klump), Stewart called the game's officiating "excellent," and accused him of "being like Appert" for "using the refs as a crutch." He also reportedly started a one-sided shouting match about it.

Ladies and gentlemen, the head of the ECAC refereeing. What a quality, stand up man. And you wonder why we get hosed on calls.
      Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
        While the inadequency of the ECAC officiating should be brought to light, behavior such as throwing towels is uncalled for.
        I really didn't think the officials did a terrible job this afternoon.......I thought they were consistent with their calls. As far as throwing towels.....better than throwing something substantial.
        I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by hawthr View Post
          Jason Klump of College Hockey News had the 'audacity' to question Mr.Paul Stewart about the quality of refereeing at the RPI game tonight when he spotted him at the Union game. According to Klump's twitter (@Jason_Klump), Stewart called the game's officiating "excellent," and accused him of "being like Appert" for "using the refs as a crutch." He also reportedly started a one-sided shouting match about it.

Ladies and gentlemen, the head of the ECAC refereeing. What a quality, stand up man. And you wonder why we get hosed on calls.
          Klump is injecting his opinion into this and I can tell you that Stewart never "accused" Klump of being like Appert. Think about it. Your opinion you are entitled to, however, do not spin the facts.
          I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

More about the Stewart/Klump incident: https://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs...rt-with-video/

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
              I really didn't think the officials did a terrible job this afternoon.......I thought they were consistent with their calls. As far as throwing towels.....better than throwing something substantial.
              Like a couple gatorade bottles? Those went onto the ice along with a couple towels.

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post

To be clear, the refs are not the reason that we took 0 points this weekend. Until this team plays a full 60 minutes, there are going to be let-downs, missed opportunities, and (occasionally) 0-point weekends.

This team is very much still in the hunt for the bye and a spot in the NCAAs. It's just a matter of consistency.
                One thing I noticed last night: Iles kept steering his rebounds to his left. But we kept putting guys on his right. Surprised we didn't catch on and camp someone out to grab the fat rebound. Normally we're pretty good with that.

It does come down to consistency. Union owes a lot of their success to consistent play.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
                  Klump is injecting his opinion into this and I can tell you that Stewart never "accused" Klump of being like Appert. Think about it. Your opinion you are entitled to, however, do not spin the facts.
                  How do you know? Were you there? I think I'll take the word of Jason Klump instead of you. Jason is a respected college hockey journalist while you seem to be an apolgist for ECAC. Plus I have never known Hawthr to spin the facts. The spin stops at the First Church.
                  "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

I don't think Appert did himself or the team any favors by trying to pin the loss on the refs. Anytime you are given a 5 minute major at the end of regulation and into OT and can't do anything with it there is no one else to blame but yourself for not taking advantage. I didn't have much of a problem with the Bailen even up call, he did push the Cornell forward and putting a team down 5 on 3 in OT is a brave call to make even without the push. My guess is that Cornell fans don't feel like the refs were on their side either. We need to stop whining.

The past couple of weekends show us how important Bergin is to this team and how thin things are due to the 11th hour defections. We've got enough talent when the entire team is there but losing even one key player makes a difference.

Tough weekend. Unless we sweep in the NC then the road to AC likely runs through Ithaca or Hanover. Ouch.

Comment

Since I am the one who broke the story on the anti-Appert feelings in the league office let me be the first to publicly call for an investigation of the derogatory comments about Coach that were made by Paul Stewart to respected journalist Jason Klump of the college hockey news. This exchange goes to the integrity of the officiating in this league, Paul Stewart only confirmed what I suspected that Stewart and his officials are biased against our great coach. Hagwell must quickly conduct an investigation re:this incident and Ken Schott should be interviewed on what was said by Paul Stewart. I would hope that if Ken heard this comment he would report this in his paper or blog. Here's the facts so far, Ken Schott reported that an antagonistic Paul Stewart was confrontational with members of the media then Jason Klump reports anti Appert comments being spewed by Stewart. In fact if this story is true, Paul Stewart should be relieved of his duties as head of officiating.
                      Last edited by AspyDad; 02-13-2011, 08:29 AM.
                      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

How do you know? Were you there? I think I'll take the word of Jason Klump instead of you. Jason is a respected college hockey journalist while you seem to be an apolgist for ECAC. Plus I have never known Hawthr to spin the facts. The spin stops at the First Church.
                        I was not at the interview....however I did speak to Paul Stewart after the interview. No matter who you speak to, they will give their point of view. Stewart did mention that he requested a sports info director be present during the interview and there was one present.....Union's I imagine. He also stated that there were six officiating observers at the RPI/Cornell game who were consistent with their ratings that the officials did a good job. I am not trying to argue with you Aspy, I just think officiating is one of the toughest jobs there is to do, and that is why Stewart will go to his grave defending them based on his first hand experience on the job.

Comment

Since I am the one who broke the story on the anti-Appert feelings in the league office let me be the first to publicly call for an investigation of the derogatory comments about Coach that were made by Paul Stewart to respected journalist Jason Klump of the college hockey news. This exchange goes to the integrity of the officiating in this league, Paul Stewart only confirmed what I suspected that Stewart and his officials are biased against our great coach. Hagwell must quickly conduct an investigation re:this incident and Ken Schott should be interviewed on what was said by Paul Stewart. I would hope that if Ken heard this comment he would report this in his paper or blog. Here's the facts so far, Ken Schott reported that an antagonistic Paul Stewart was confrontational with members of the media then Jason Klump reports anti Appert comments being spewed by Stewart. In fact if this story is true, Paul Stewart should be relieved of his duties as head of officiating.
                          Who do you propose should take this glorious job? Do you have someone to recommend? Also, already once suspended Coach Appert manufactures his own problems as they relate to officials.
                          Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                            We need to stop whining.
                            You're the one whining. The rest of us are just fed up with the garbage and the outright laughter coming from the top over it.
                            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                              I don't think Appert did himself or the team any favors by trying to pin the loss on the refs. Anytime you are given a 5 minute major at the end of regulation and into OT and can't do anything with it there is no one else to blame but yourself for not taking advantage. I didn't have much of a problem with the Bailen even up call, he did push the Cornell forward and putting a team down 5 on 3 in OT is a brave call to make even without the push. My guess is that Cornell fans don't feel like the refs were on their side either. We need to stop whining.

The past couple of weekends show us how important Bergin is to this team and how thin things are due to the 11th hour defections. We've got enough talent when the entire team is there but losing even one key player makes a difference.

Tough weekend. Unless we sweep in the NC then the road to AC likely runs through Ithaca or Hanover. Ouch.
                              Great post JM, also the fact that York should be ready to go will help. Not that Merriam has not done an admirable job, but the team plays with a different confidence as a whole with Yorkie between the pipes.
                              Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

Comment

Originally posted by hockeymascot View Post
                                Who do you propose should take this glorious job? Do you have someone to recommend? Also, already once suspended Coach Appert manufactures his own problems as they relate to officials.
                                You're going to sit there and claim that because he doesn't have a successor right there waiting in the wings, that he's wrong to suggest Stewart should be seseking other employment? Wow, you really killed that logical fallacy.

Appert "manufactures his own problems?" What world are you living in? It certainly isn't the real world. There's only so much frustration one coach can put up with when he's watching his team constantly getting screwed by poor officiating.
                                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Working...
                                X