Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Recruit Updates: Monarchs and More......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maine Recruit Updates: Monarchs and More......

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Somehow the overage Canadians went to Frozen Fours, but the Monarch pipeline has done nothing of the sort, yet the Monarch pipeline is better. Timmay has your expectations lowered too, doesn't he?. I'm not disappointed with the quality of the players, its the Ws and Ls that has me down
    Overage grinders from Canada went to Frozen Fours???? Oh yeah.......Walsh's last recruits that were mixed in with actual blue-chippahs!!!

By the way, wally.......the Monarch recruits are freshmen and sophs........do you REALLY expect freshmen and sophs to lead us to the promised land??? Like you and others have said many times, another Kariya ain't walking through the door anytime soon!

Re: Maine Recruit Updates: Monarchs and More......

So are you saying that the Jr. Monarchs don't produce good college hockey recruits/players???......because if that is what you are saying, I am wondering why BC seems to have a little pipeline there as well and why other schools are signing their kids?????.........
    Ummm... yea, that's not what I'm saying. BC got the best player to come out of the Jr. Monarchs program in a long time. Who knows what Billet will do. I'm not going to shoot my wad over a kid who has not even stepped on campus yet like some people (these same people may or may not like moral victories against BC in the He tourney). Which is kind of where I'm going with this but... hey, if that pipeline into the Jr. Monarchs program has been great for you guys and spurred your "success" lately and is "paying off" according to someone here... more power to you. I'll back off and let you enjoy that. I know it's not much but... it is what it is. We all can probably agree with that.
    Originally posted by reBlur
    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Apparently, Timmay has lowered most Maine fan expectations.

Comment

This thread is laughable. Directly before the Monarch pipeline started you had a team led by the dangle twins and Andrew Sweetland that didn't make the HE tourney and the following season there were basically no seniors. The season and the following season were miserable and the senior classes in 2009 and 2010 were small and patently bad. Cue KIA saying it wasn't the overaged Canadians faults that Tim threw them off the team for discipline, but the fact remains that the people recruited by Guy Perron didn't last and weren't very good. Brian Flynn et al. are BETTER than those guys. We're not comparing them to the teams that went to Frozen Fours, or at least we should not be. The simple question is have Maine's players and depth improved since the rock bottom? The answer is yes.

And while I'm at it, does this new theory about winning mean Michel Leveille and Todd Jackson are better than Gus?

Matt Duffy was a Jr. Monarch too. Is there a Jr. Monarch that's been useless for Maine? I don't think so...

Also Chris Higgins and Brian Foster were pretty freakin good in Hockey East. Better than Dave Wilson and Chris Hahn.
        Last edited by BoSox3066; 01-22-2011, 02:19 PM.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
        43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
        104-47-14 (.669) in that time
        3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
          This thread is laughable. Directly before the Monarch pipeline started you had a team led by the dangle twins and Andrew Sweetland that didn't make the HE tourney and the following season there were basically no seniors. The season and the following season were miserable and the senior classes in 2009 and 2010 were small and patently bad. Cue KIA saying it wasn't the overaged Canadians faults that Tim threw them off the team for discipline, but the fact remains that the people recruited by Guy Perron didn't last and weren't very good. Brian Flynn et al. are BETTER than those guys. We're not comparing them to the teams that went to Frozen Fours, or at least we should not be. The simple question is have Maine's players and depth improved since the rock bottom? The answer is yes.

And while I'm at it, does this new theory about winning mean Michel Leveille and Todd Jackson are better than Gus?

Matt Duffy was a Jr. Monarch too. Is there a Jr. Monarch that's been useless for Maine? I don't think so...

Also Chris Higgins and Brian Foster were pretty freakin good in Hockey East. Better than Dave Wilson and Chris Hahn.
          I rest my case.

Comment

Nice day for your program's future, from Heisenberg's site...
            Matt Morris-G 1/28/11 2012 or 2013 Dubuque (USHL) 5'10 195 5-16-93
            Devin Shore-LW 1/28/11 2012 or 2013 The Hill Prep 6' 170 7-19-94
            Daniel Renouf-LD 1/28/11 2012 or 2013 The Hill Prep 6'1 190 6-1-94
            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
              But they don't play for the Monarchs!!!

Comment

Another goalie, intertesting
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  Another goalie, intertesting
                  And a VERY good one at that!

http://www.ushl.com/news/story.cfm?id=3751

Nice to see the Jim Montgomery connection paying off as well!
                  Last edited by sandiegoblkbr; 01-28-2011, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                    Wow, what a day, looks like Maine is establishing a pipeline with Hill, awesome, I've seen them dismantle some pretty good prep teams this year.

Comment

RECRUIT UPDATES:

Stuart Higgins (Youngstown/USHL) - 30 GP, 7-4-11

Connor Leen (NJ Hitmen/EJHL) - 32 GP, 18-32-50

Jacob Rutt (NH Jr. Monarchs/EJHL) - 31 GP, 8-11-19

Cam Brown (NH Jr. Monarchs/EJHL) - 26 GP, 8-13-21

Brian Harris (Jr. Bruins/EJHL) - 32 GP, 4-14-18

Ryan Lomberg (The Hill Prep) - 32 GP, 34-24-58

Matt Morris (Dubuque/USHL) - 21 GP, 13-4-3, 1.87 GAA, .931 SV%

Daniel Renouf (The Hill Prep) - 37 GP, 5-26-31

Devin Shore (The Hill Prep) - 36 GP, 22-40-62

Ryan Cloonan (Boston Advantage Midget Minor/Major) - 40 GP, 12-21-33/15 GP, 1-11-12

Brian Morgan (NH Jr. Monarchs/EJHL) - 29 GP, 9-8-17

Liam Pecararo (Boston Advantage Midget/Major) - 30 GP, 9-21-30/29 GP, 2-17-19
                      Last edited by sandiegoblkbr; 01-29-2011, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsFan93 View Post
                        Wow, what a day, looks like Maine is establishing a pipeline with Hill, awesome, I've seen them dismantle some pretty good prep teams this year.
                        I wouldn't hold my breath on any of the three from The Hill showing up. Lomberg and Shore are both 4th round OHL picks and Renouf a 5th round pick. Looks like the same old story 16 year old canadian kids using Maine as leverage to play for the OHL team of their choice.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                          RECRUIT UPDATES:

Cam Brown (NH Jr. Monarchs/EJHL) - 26 GP, 8-13-21

Sebastien Gingras (Muskegon-USHL/Brockville-CJHL) - 14 GP, 0-2-2/14 GP, 3-8-11

Brian Harris (Jr. Bruins/EJHL) - 32 GP, 4-14-18

Stuart Higgins (Youngstown/USHL) - 30 GP, 7-4-11

Connor Leen (NJ Hitmen/EJHL) - 32 GP, 18-32-50

Jacob Rutt (NH Jr. Monarchs/EJHL) - 31 GP, 8-11-19

Ryan Lomberg (The Hill Prep) - 32 GP, 34-24-58

Brian Morgan (NH Jr. Monarchs/EJHL) - 29 GP, 9-8-17

Matt Morris (Dubuque/USHL) - 21 GP, 13-4-3, 1.87 GAA, .931 SV%

Daniel Renouf (The Hill Prep) - 37 GP, 5-26-31

Devin Shore (The Hill Prep) - 36 GP, 22-40-62

Ryan Cloonan (Boston Advantage Midget Minor/Major) - 40 GP, 12-21-33/15 GP, 1-11-12

Liam Pecararo (Boston Advantage Midget/Major) - 30 GP, 9-21-30/29 GP, 2-17-19
                          I LOVE the look of this list, especially considering the recruiting troubles of the latter half of the decade.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeypuck View Post
                            I wouldn't hold my breath on any of the three from The Hill showing up. Lomberg and Shore are both 4th round OHL picks and Renouf a 5th round pick. Looks like the same old story 16 year old canadian kids using Maine as leverage to play for the OHL team of their choice.
                            Don't worry.......none of us are holding our breath. But for now......they're on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeypuck View Post
                              Since the formation of College Hockey Inc. prep school attendance by Canadian hockey players has DRAMATICALLY increased, Major Junior drafted and eligible players. College hockey is picking up a lot of momentum, I bet all three show up.

Comment

Working...
                              X