Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Recruit Updates: Monarchs and More......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Recruit Updates: Monarchs and More......

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
    He could be the next coming of Paul Kariya and it wouldn't matter unless the team takes better care of the puck and starts playing defense and stops giving up soft goals.
    Until I see it in Orono its all hype. The goaltending will be better next year but the D is still going to be suspect as long as Timmay has them playing there magical wave at the puck D.
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

On the heels of one of the more disappointing weekends of Maine Hockey in tournament play and and not prepared to weigh in on the other thread I found an interesting report on a Maine recruit that is not reported elsewhere. Swann Boisvert also of Stanstead is supposedly headed to Orono next year. It is the same school that Dylan Gareau is at, here is the report http://www.sherbrookerecord.com/content/view/598587/33/

One part I liked was that he is big. Tired of watching Maine get pushed around as we did this weekend. The first report on this was in late February, but not listed on Heisenberg. Sure hope some of these guys can put the puck in the net!

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
        On the heels of one of the more disappointing weekends of Maine Hockey in tournament play and and not prepared to weigh in on the other thread I found an interesting report on a Maine recruit that is not reported elsewhere. Swann Boisvert also of Stanstead is supposedly headed to Orono next year. It is the same school that Dylan Gareau is at, here is the report http://www.sherbrookerecord.com/content/view/598587/33/

One part I liked was that he is big. Tired of watching Maine get pushed around as we did this weekend. The first report on this was in late February, but not listed on Heisenberg. Sure hope some of these guys can put the puck in the net!
        Says there we won the ECAC championship 5 times....didnt know that
        Upside potential is great, but what happens after Timmay ruins it ?
        I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Stanstead..............the birthplace of Howie Meeker Hockey School...........

Comment

Originally posted by fiqure8 View Post
            Stanstead..............the birthplace of Howie Meeker Hockey School...........

Has someone who lived in Ontario from 6th to 10th grade I remember Howie Meeker and of course the introduction of Peter Puck in between periods of Hockey Night in Canada. Did not know he was from Stanstead, but some good Hockey trivia as I place my jerseys and hats in the back of closet and take the golf shirts and hats out!

Comment

Could be our nominee for the All-Name Team..

Comment

Originally posted by dwollstadt View Post
                Could be our nominee for the All-Name Team..
                Sounds like a column for next year!

Meanwhile Connor Leen had 2 goals and 2 assists in a 4-2 win over Bay State today. One PPG, one SHG and 2 assists. http://easternjhl.stats.pointstreak....gameid=1553631 Whether it is next year or the year after he looks to be a player that can make an impact when he arrives in Orono.

Comment

Sounds like a column for next year!

Meanwhile Connor Leen had 2 goals and 2 assists in a 4-2 win over Bay State today. One PPG, one SHG and 2 assists. http://easternjhl.stats.pointstreak....gameid=1553631 Whether it is next year or the year after he looks to be a player that can make an impact when he arrives in Orono.
                  I agree, Bob. Maine appears to have turned the corner in terms of attracting quality players. Not being able to sign top prospects was a short coming for the Maine coaching staff for at least two years. We obviously don't know how they will perform at Maine, but at least on paper the future looks encouraging. I prefer to be optimistic and not negative.

Comment

Jacob Rutt scores the game winning goal 41 seconds into OT in a semi-final game against the Junior Bruins this past weekend. The Junior Monarchs will face the Jersey Hitmen this weekend at the Ice Vault in the final of the Eastern Jr. Hockey League. The Jersey Hitmen have Connor Leen and I think Jon Swavely's brother Steve is on the team.

Comment

Cerrentani sounds like he'll be a real impact. When I went to the Colisee recently, Connor Leen was pictured on the cover of a junior hockey magazine and looks to have some potential to develop. This new guy from Stanstead is an unexpected wildcard. It Rutt and Norman are defensemen who will have offensive contributions which is great.

Additionally, the 2012 class is looking remarkable....

But you know what? Does any of this matter with zitboy at the helm?

Comment

I had a chance to see the NH Jr. Monarchs play for the second time this season - Sunday against the Jr. Bruins. The first time I saw them in February, Jason Rutt stood out among the Maine recruits. This time, 18-year-old Cam Brown was a standout. He was fast, scrappy (not afraid to bump into guys), and consistently able to find open ice, with and without the puck. At 5'7" and 140 lbs, it may take him some time to adjust to playing against much bigger, college players. On the other hand, he might develop into Maine's version of Nate Gerbe.
                        The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

He was fast, scrappy (not afraid to bump into guys), and consistently able to find open ice, with and without the puck.
                          Have no fear....that progress will be coached out of him in no time.

At 5'7" and 140 lbs, it may take him some time to adjust to playing against much bigger, college players. On the other hand, he might develop into Maine's version of Nate Gerbe.
                          A...doubtful at best
                          B...When your season is a success if you don't finish 9th or 10th in the conference, we don't need a Gerbe. 0

Comment

No doubt that Rutt and Leen will be impact players for Maine.......with or without Tim Whitehead.

Comment

You know,it's kinda encouraging that the recruiting seems to be pretty decent lately,at least on paper.(I wonder if Corkum's presence is a factor,since nothing else has changed in the past few years.)If Maine does get a change in leadership soon,at least the new coach will not being looking at empty cupboards.

Good time to try to attract somebody with a viable plan,or even promote Bob;I really don't care so much,as long as the Whitehead Era ends ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                                You know,it's kinda encouraging that the recruiting seems to be pretty decent lately,at least on paper.(I wonder if Corkum's presence is a factor,since nothing else has changed in the past few years.)If Maine does get a change in leadership soon,at least the new coach will not being looking at empty cupboards.

Good time to try to attract somebody with a viable plan,or even promote Bob;I really don't care so much,as long as the Whitehead Era ends ASAP.
                                Unless TW resigns,Maine is stuck with him for the time being...good to see,well at least read that there are recruits coming in...BUT in the long run their needs to be Major Changes in Maine's hockey style of play.

Comment

Working...
                                X