Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Recruit Updates: Monarchs and More......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Recruit Updates: Monarchs and More......

Originally posted by chripy View Post
    just noticed Cam Brown is now listed as 2013. When did this happen? Is Shore going to come next year? Sportsmaniac, where you at?
    Just checked the "H" Listings of Recruits: 2012;Riley D,Swaverly C,Williams D,Hutton D,Lomberg LW....2012 or '13 was listed as: Gareau C,Morris G,Shore LW,Renouf D........did not see Swann Boisvert listed anymore on the list....I was told that Morris/Goalie was coming to Maine in the Fall of 2012 and Shore could be a big questionmark,I would think it will have alot to do where and by whom he gets Drafted by. The rest were peg at 2013 on beyond....

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
      Just checked the "H" Listings of Recruits: 2012;Riley D,Swaverly C,Williams D,Hutton D,Lomberg LW....2012 or '13 was listed as: Gareau C,Morris G,Shore LW,Renouf D........did not see Swann Boisvert listed anymore on the list....I was told that Morris/Goalie was coming to Maine in the Fall of 2012 and Shore could be a big questionmark,I would think it will have alot to do where and by whom he gets Drafted by. The rest were peg at 2013 on beyond....
      Well by all accounts we have 3 d-men coming in to replace 2 that are leaving (that we know of). At forward we are losing 3 forwards. Lomberg, Shore (who according to twitter was in Orono last weekend) and Swavely are to arrive. However we also lost Amestoy and Antonelli this year. Questions are does Antonelli return? That seemed to be implied, but he has not produced or played much at Pembroke. Dylan Gareau has not played since 1/14 for Cedar Rapids (injured or coaches decision?) So surprised to see Boisvert disappear as we would seem to have 2 slots left and now Brown is moved to 2013. Guessing there is at least one player we do not know about that will be coming in at forward.

When you think about it right now we are very thin at D with only one d-man not playing (since Norman is a redshirt) and only 2 extra forwards, so if Diamond is still out that leaves us with only 1 healthy scratch up front. We are seriously lacking in the depth department!

Comment

Originally posted by brookie View Post
        "The thought that Hegerty is awful just makes me laugh, he turns the puck over also but he is far from awful."

How can anyone say a hockey east dman that turns the puck over regularly is far from awful? #1 job of a dman is reliability with the puck in the zone. Here is an idea, why not recruit dman that don't turn the puck over, there are lots out there!
        Have you seen the team play? If you have, then you don't understand the first thing about the game. "Why not recruit dman that don't turn the puck over." Really?? Even Niklas Lidstrom turns the puck over. It is inevitable. Even our forwards stripped Dumoulin a couple of times in Orono a few weeks ago. What's important is that it doesn't happen too often and that the damage is minimized when it does happen. Heggerty clearly turns the puck over, maybe too often, but not nearly as much as O'Neill, Pryor or even Nemec. And he recovers much more quickly than any one of those to minimize shots and, more importantly, goals.

If I were to rank the D on breakout ability, I'd go with Cornell first...very reliable in getting the puck out...always seems to find a forward or make the smart dump after gaining the red line. Then probably Nemec, especially when he wills himself across the red line and takes a few guys down in the process....still has had some very inopportune turnovers this year that have resulted in goals. Then Heggerty...he can be an adventure sometimes but it almost never results in a goal or even a scoring chance for the other team....he can recover. Then O'Connor...he's getting better at not panicking when pressured with a forecheck and is starting to see up ice better...I think he could be their best breakout man next year. Jury is still out on Rutt...has the makings of a good breakout but sometimes panics and ices it...has improved greatly and more ice time will make him better. Pryor is high risk, high reward on the breakout...he's been doing that spin move too much lately and he's gonna get caught more...has real difficulty against top lines. Then O'Neill....easily turns the puck over no less than 4 times a game, sometime much more....can't even break it out on a pp without turning it over on the breakout and watching them skate in on a breakaway...then if he gets the puck out, he turns it over on the offensive blue line for another shorty...it's like Groundhog Day.

Couple of things to think about:
        1 - The best breakout man on the team is actually a forward, Mangene
        2 - It's coaching. Watch the forwards next game during breakouts. Aside from the first line, none of them know how to break the puck out. They can't catch a hard pass, can't get the puck off the wall onto their stick, don't come back and circle down low to help out, don't find the open space. Watch the other top teams' breakouts. The other top HE teams' D don't have to work nearly as hard as Maine's on the breakout...their forwards know where to be and how to collect and distribute a breakout pass...ours can't even catch one.

Comment

couple of photos of morris

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5461008...in/photostream

Comment

• Originally posted by brookie View Post
            "The thought that Hegerty is awful just makes me laugh, he turns the puck over also but he is far from awful."

How can anyone say a hockey east dman that turns the puck over regularly is far from awful? #1 job of a dman is reliability with the puck in the zone. Here is an idea, why not recruit dman that don't turn the puck over, there are lots out there! Recruit at 17/18 on proven witnessed ability not the what is being said, aka " the buzz". The vermont coach actully admitted in a news quote that unfortunately these days the recruits are getting younger so the recruits are chosen more on the buzz ( actual word he used ) rather than their play. Lowell just recruited a 17 yo Russian that was suppose to pop right into the line up a few weeks ago even though his last game played was in march 2011 at a u16 level in texas. He must have had a really loud BUZZ.
            Hey Rookie, awful quiet over there. I turned the radio off last night after the first....couldn't take it anymore. Kept hearing "O'Neill....turns it over." "Cornell gets stripped." "O'Neill
            passes it up the...oh and Providence intercepts it." Been hearing that all year.

http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/boxes12.php?mmneprv1.f10. Then I look at the box score and the Turnover Twins went -2 and -3 last night, while Heggerty and Nemec go +1. Have you actually seen any games this year? I've seen a bunch and am definitely not seeing...or hearing....what you are.

Comment

Has anyone heard why Swann Boisvert has been taken off the "H" List..? He was on it until just recently. Spoke to a few and they were as surprise as I was to see him off the list.

Comment

It appears Lomberg, Shore and Swavely for sure up front. Antonelli apparently going to school in Canada next year, Boisvert is apparently not in plans and Gareau is currently injured in Cedar Rapids an undecided about next year. Reneof D man is set for 2013

Originally posted by BobF View Post
                Well by all accounts we have 3 d-men coming in to replace 2 that are leaving (that we know of). At forward we are losing 3 forwards. Lomberg, Shore (who according to twitter was in Orono last weekend) and Swavely are to arrive. However we also lost Amestoy and Antonelli this year. Questions are does Antonelli return? That seemed to be implied, but he has not produced or played much at Pembroke. Dylan Gareau has not played since 1/14 for Cedar Rapids (injured or coaches decision?) So surprised to see Boisvert disappear as we would seem to have 2 slots left and now Brown is moved to 2013. Guessing there is at least one player we do not know about that will be coming in at forward.

When you think about it right now we are very thin at D with only one d-man not playing (since Norman is a redshirt) and only 2 extra forwards, so if Diamond is still out that leaves us with only 1 healthy scratch up front. We are seriously lacking in the depth department!

Comment

Originally posted by wrister82 View Post
                  It appears Lomberg, Shore and Swavely for sure up front. Antonelli apparently going to school in Canada next year, Boisvert is apparently not in plans and Gareau is currently injured in Cedar Rapids an undecided about next year. Reneof D man is set for 2013
                  I figured that Antonelli would not be back this Fall,more likely the year after and still surprised no info on why Boisvert has been dropped off the list...add Gareau being undecided,I wonder if both Boisvert/Gareau are going to another team...both were teammates at one time before being recruited by Maine...just a thought on Boisvert/Gareau.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                    Has anyone heard why Swann Boisvert has been taken off the "H" List..? He was on it until just recently. Spoke to a few and they were as surprise as I was to see him off the list.
                    I could be wrong, but I think he would have had an awful tough time getting in the lineup next year. Only two forwards who are in Maine's best lineup graduate and Maine has two elite forwards replacing them. I would think that we see at least Antonelli and/or one or two more new forwards for next year in addition to the three that are coming.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Lomberg is scoring in the USHL........but I sure hope that he improves on his -20.

Comment

This just in from Twitter, Maine has another forward (not sure what year) but he is Captain at Eagan High School in MN (same team as Wolfe) Will Merchant has committed to Maine. Here is a look, another with nice size! http://mnhockeyprospects.com/2012-nh...will-merchant/

He is a Mr. Hockey finalist this year in Minnesota High School hockey.
                        Last edited by BobF; 02-12-2012, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                          Lomberg is scoring in the USHL........but I sure hope that he improves on his -20.
                          What is interesting Diego is last year Higgins minus in the USHL was through the roof and yet he was on the ice for the final face-offs last night. Also Lomberg is one of the younger players on his team.

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
                            This just in from Twitter, Maine has another forward (not sure what year) but he is Captain at Eagan High School in MN (same team as Wolfe) Will Merchant has committed to Maine. Here is a look, another with nice size! http://mnhockeyprospects.com/2012-nh...will-merchant/

He is a Mr. Hockey finalist this year in Minnesota High School hockey.
                            Currently 8th on Heisenberg's Minnesota/Midwest list. Will be interesting if he drops his stock now that he has committed to Maine........

Comment

Muskegan (Lomberg) is pretty bad this year, no? As was Youngstown (Higgins) last season I believe. If the team wide +/- is poor then I wouldn't put to much stock in it: just a product of your environment. But if you're the the only one or handful of players with a brutal minus, then it could be safe to assume "two-way forward" isn't used as a descriptor for your playing style.

Comment

Morris had quite a week for Dubuque. He started the week on Wednesday with a 2-0 shutout (25 saves) vs. Des Moines. He then had a terrible outing vs. Cedar Rapids on Friday getting pulled after giving up 5 goals on 10 shots and taking the loss. The next day he pitches a 3-0 shutout (21 saves) vs. that same Cedar Rapids team. LOVE that about Montgomery.....challenges Morris by throwing him back out there and he responds with the shutout.......LOL.

Can't wait to see him in a Maine uniform!

Comment

Working...
                                X