Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Recruit Updates: Monarchs and More......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Recruit Updates: Monarchs and More......

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    He's toast as far as coaching a high profile Div.1 hockey program...he may get a job but it will be very low-profile and he won't get the money he's making at UMaine...His resume at UMaine will not get him the choice jobs thats for sure...he more or less has taken this program down in a short period of time...it took hard work and dedication in making this program a success...and now look at it...really rips me off that he was allowed to even get to this point.
    Maine doesn't pay all that much. Sure, it seems like a lot for Maine, but in the grand scheme of things I would bet Maine is right around the midpoint in the college hockey pay scale. And probably near the bottom of the "programs that take hockey seriously" pay scale.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
      Maine doesn't pay all that much. Sure, it seems like a lot for Maine, but in the grand scheme of things I would bet Maine is right around the midpoint in the college hockey pay scale. And probably near the bottom of the "programs that take hockey seriously" pay scale.
      I would suspect better wages than USHL, EJ, US Development, MJ or retired X NHL' r and continue with the hockey family................I would suspect one could recruit up and coming winners "coaches" from these programs..............that wish to succeed

Comment

Originally posted by fiqure8 View Post
        I would suspect better wages than USHL, EJ, US Development, MJ or retired X NHL' r and continue with the hockey family................I would suspect one could recruit up and coming winners "coaches" from these programs..............that wish to succeed
        There are "up & coming" coaches as you say along with Assistants that have payed their dues along with a few Established Coaches as well...don't think that Maine can't find a replacement for this Program...it's JUST when they do it...and this time they may very well have to up the Pay Scale to do it...you put a person willing to work his tail off and you can bet their will be plenty of support at home and away...and in donating again to the program. Whitehead has made a MESS,but the right person coming in can change that and bring back what people have missed the last 6 years...and thats a Team that has EXPECTATIONS...not just talk and excuses and what "IF's". Happy 4th to all...!

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
          Maine would never see the likes of Purcell or Lundin due to budgets. That is hogwash as neither were blue chippahs when they arrived in Orono. Don't give a bleep if anyone has contempt for my comments and don't live in the obscurity of all the pseudonym's you all hide behind.
          I remember that Purcell was very highly heralded before he ever set foot on Alfond ice so I don't agree with your reasoning there, it seems to be based on a false premise. You are correct about Lundin though....

Try to calm down, after all who do you think gives a bleep whether or not you give a bleep? ;-) Practically speaking, your moniker (Bob F) doesn't identify you any more than KIA's or mine. I can't google BobF and see who you are, and there is no BobF in the phone book. I have no idea who you are, or who KIA is, and though in a recent post she stated that she seems to think she knows all about me, she had almost everything wrong so it seems that she doesn't know who I am either. I don't understand the desire to know anyone's real name or why you think that is important unless you have stalking tendencies. This is a forum of ideas and discussion about college hockey, so why should any of us care who the people behind the monikers are? It just doesn't matter who you, or any other poster is, at least to me. But I enjoy everyones perspectives on college hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by MEbear View Post
            I remember that Purcell was very highly heralded before he ever set foot on Alfond ice so I don't agree with your reasoning there, it seems to be based on a false premise. You are correct about Lundin though....

Try to calm down, after all who do you think gives a bleep whether or not you give a bleep? ;-) Practically speaking, your moniker (Bob F) doesn't identify you any more than KIA's or mine. I can't google BobF and see who you are, and there is no BobF in the phone book. I have no idea who you are, or who KIA is, and though in a recent post she stated that she seems to think she knows all about me, she had almost everything wrong so it seems that she doesn't know who I am either. I don't understand the desire to know anyone's real name or why you think that is important unless you have stalking tendencies. This is a forum of ideas and discussion about college hockey, so why should any of us care who the people behind the monikers are? It just doesn't matter who you, or any other poster is, at least to me. But I enjoy everyones perspectives on college hockey.
            Ha! She's a she! You are chittin me. Anyway, everybuddy wants to know who I am, what I do and who I have sex with, I mean what sex I am.

Yeah, but ur right. BobF's a little bit too full of himself....nobody really gives two cents in reality what he thinks...as is true for for most everyone on this board. Was, and always will be, a board for bullchitin and throwing bull, and mostly lots of it. Not much else. Hawkey...chit, who cares. Get rid of Whitehead and we can all talk seriously about hawkey again. Until then, we and the university is just wasting time.
            I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

This article: http://www.projo.com/pc/content/PC_F..._v2.3a5e1.html mentions Dave Capuano's kid drawing "some" interest from Maine, and having made an official visit to PC.

Comment

I was just told Maine wasn't on the shortlist for 5'6 141 pound forward John Gaudreau, a Calgary Flames 4th rd pick who recently decommitted from Northeastern. He led the Dubuque Fighting Saints of the USHL with 36 goals and 36 assists in 60 games.

He has made visits to New Hampshire and Vermont. Will make a visit to Boston College tomorrow.
                USCHO.com's MASCAC and ECAC-Northeast Columnist

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsmaniac View Post
                  I was just told Maine wasn't on the shortlist for 5'6 141 pound forward John Gaudreau, a Calgary Flames 4th rd pick who recently decommitted from Northeastern. He led the Dubuque Fighting Saints of the USHL with 36 goals and 36 assists in 60 games.

He has made visits to New Hampshire and Vermont. Will make a visit to Boston College tomorrow.
                  Would certainly be nice if Maine could recruit against The Skating Midgets,but I don't see that happening with Tim at the helm.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                    Would certainly be nice if Maine could recruit against The Skating Midgets,but I don't see that happening with Tim at the helm.
                    And the Recruiting slide will continue until there is change...when you don't win...play in Boston in March and make steady trips to the NCAA's and are not shown on TV on a regular basis then your advantage in recruiting is gone...you need someone with the burn in them to MAKE Maine their program,no excuses and get your butt in gear and work to make and show a recruit that Maine can win...you will always have BC/BU and UNH plucking most of the talent,but when you start losing recruits to mid and lower teams in your own Conference then that spells trouble...recruiting is hard enough now a days that you can't have a sour cloud over your chances of recruiting that one or two players that could build a solid team around. Maine is stuck in a hard position,but I still say and believe.."IF" the right person's in place and has the mindset...anything is possible.

Comment

gosh, I wonder if the coach of the fighting saints had any input, telling the kid where to go in order to elevate his game to the next level... maybe whoever this coach was, had an idea that Sneddon would have a better chance of getting him to improve his game than the coaches at Maine.... (hard to believe, I know... Sneddon is the guy who tosses his best 3 players off the team for minor offenses seemingly every season)

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                        gosh, I wonder if the coach of the fighting saints had any input, telling the kid where to go in order to elevate his game to the next level... maybe whoever this coach was, had an idea that Sneddon would have a better chance of getting him to improve his game than the coaches at Maine.... (hard to believe, I know... Sneddon is the guy who tosses his best 3 players off the team for minor offenses seemingly every season)
                        Oh I don't think so...his goalie at Dubuque this season(Matt Morris)is heading to Maine the year after next....AND before you say he's not there yet....I know that. Time will tell as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                          Oh I don't think so...his goalie at Dubuque this season(Matt Morris)is heading to Maine the year after next....AND before you say he's not there yet....I know that. Time will tell as usual.
                          so, is now the time to play the over under on where Timmy will end up after this season?

I say the cut off is Bentley... any D3 school counts as under (including High School hockey) and anyone ranked higher than Bentley in D1 would count as an over (this DOES account for the possibility that Bentley finishes higher than Maine AND Timmy stays at Maine -and more season ticket holders flee--)

Johnny Priceless, I have not heard your account of the alumni game and what you did to support Timmy yesterday... is that all we are gonna get, crickets?

Comment

Well, it's between NU, BU, BC, UNH and Vermont. Don't think it'll be BU.
                            Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                            Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Hearing Cam Brown (NH Jr. Monarchs) and Brian Harris (Jr. Bruins) both have been named to the EJHL All-Star team that will take part at World Junior Club Cup in Omsk, Russia Aug. 30-Sept 3rd. I am going to find out more information later today and hopefully get confirmation.

Information on the tournament

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W​orld_Junior_Club_Cup
                              USCHO.com's MASCAC and ECAC-Northeast Columnist

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

Hearing Cam Brown (NH Jr. Monarchs) and Brian Harris (Jr. Bruins) both have been named to the EJHL All-Star team that will take part at World Junior Club Cup in Omsk, Russia Aug. 30-Sept 3rd. I am going to find out more information later today and hopefully get confirmation.

Information on the tournament

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W​orld_Junior_Club_Cup

wasn't Tims' least favorite defenseman this past season the top defenseman in the EJ last year?... bench-warming Bryce?
                                (and don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE everything about how Bryce plays... which usually means Tim will have no use for a player like that)
                                Last edited by KnowItAll; 08-05-2011, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X