X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Laker Hockey

Originally posted by AnchorsAway View Post
    Nice win by the Lakers last night, yet another game winning goal by Schofield! It was nice to hear BMW serve as the color commentator with Bill, he is a natural and provides good insight into the game, if his playing career doesn't pan out and with his connections in the hockey world I would say that there is a high possibility he could catch on as a commentator at the professional level. I have previously commented on how much of a class act BMW was for how he handled being hurt and missing his senior season, he displayed another great example of what a class act he is when he made special mention to point out how important of a role that Pobur, Wall, and Cooper play in competing in practice and always giving their all even though they hardly ever play. Nice job Brian!
    I agree, BMW is a natural and offers some nice insights.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Squad View Post
      After another sweep at Northern Michigan I look forward to the next batch of excuses by the members of the coup and the propaganda machine should be in full force all weekend and for the rest of the season. You people are so predictable!
      Good call, TruthSquad/TruthSerum/BootJimRoque.

Comment

Sweep!! Way to go K2 for the shutout and the rest of the Laker team! Back to back Cappo Cup champions!!
        LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

That was a fun weekend of hockey. I never thought when driving up to Marquette on Friday that the Lakers would pull out 2 wins.

Comment

Lakers need to take both from Alaska next.

Comment

Yes good call! Can't wait to hear the excuses put up by TruthSquid, TruthSerum and BootJimRoque about how the poorly coached Lakers managed a sweep....
              Originally posted by DopeyBaker View Post
              Good call, TruthSquad/TruthSerum/BootJimRoque.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                Lakers need to take both from Alaska next.
                I've mentioned this before but I have to hand it to you for your unrelenting negativity. No congrats for a good job in sweeping NMU in Marquette for how many years I don't know and no kudos for retaining the Cappo Cup. Compared to other posters on this thread your comments are usually rational but it appears there is nothing this team can do that would satisfy you.

Comment

Hopefully Trotman is okay. Crawford said he was hurt at the end of the game.

First time the Lakers have swept NMU in Marquette since the 1999-2000 season. It's also the first time the LSSU have won back to back Cappo Cups since the mid to late 1990's.

Lakers definitely need a sweep next weekend. Hope Schofield can keep his hot streak going and K2 keeps his stellar play up. It will probably be a low scoring series.

Comment

Originally posted by MeridianStreet View Post
                    I've mentioned this before but I have to hand it to you for your unrelenting negativity. No congrats for a good job in sweeping NMU in Marquette for how many years I don't know and no kudos for retaining the Cappo Cup. Compared to other posters on this thread your comments are usually rational but it appears there is nothing this team can do that would satisfy you.
                    The Lakers need to win next week to keep their drive going and so many times,so many games,so many seasons we have jumped up and down over a victory here,a sweep there only to have the B team show up next time out and knock all the excitement back down to the ground. I am tired of a good game here,a good series there and back to doing next to nothing out on the ice in the next game. I want a good season and the only way that will come about is to keep focused and know last nights win is now needed by next weeks wins and the 2 series after that series.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                      Hopefully Trotman is okay. Crawford said he was hurt at the end of the game.
                      Trotman was favoring his left leg with about 3 minutes left in the game. He did not play anymore, but was still on the bench, and I did see him on the ice after the game.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                        The Lakers need to win next week to keep their drive going and so many times,so many games,so many seasons we have jumped up and down over a victory here,a sweep there only to have the B team show up next time out and knock all the excitement back down to the ground. I am tired of a good game here,a good series there and back to doing next to nothing out on the ice in the next game. I want a good season and the only way that will come about is to keep focused and know last nights win is now needed by next weeks wins and the 2 series after that series.
                        I think MeridianStreet is simply saying that sometimes you've got to stop and smell the roses. Road sweeps are very hard to come by. Congrats to the coaches and players on a great weekend!!!

Comment

At least one Yooper team knew how to win this weekend. Enjoy the silence from Boot Jim Truth Sqerum.

Comment

I wasn't in Marquette for the games against NMU so had to settle for the radio broadcast. I agree that Brian did an excellent job on his first opportunity. He displayed nothing but the highest class in his comments regarding the play of Kapalka. I'm not drinking the koolaid yet, but I feel a lot better about how I plan to spend this friday and satuday night.

Comment

Originally posted by DB Cooper View Post
                              I wasn't in Marquette for the games against NMU so had to settle for the radio broadcast. I agree that Brian did an excellent job on his first opportunity. He displayed nothing but the highest class in his comments regarding the play of Kapalka. I'm not drinking the koolaid yet, but I feel a lot better about how I plan to spend this friday and satuday night.
                              Way to go Lakers and Coach Roque for having a solid game plan executed to perfection. I hope this is a trend.

Brian did an excellent job in the broadcast booth. Putting him with legendary broadcaster Bill Crawford was a great combination. Besides Crawford being a tremendous broadcaster, who tells it like it is and is very fair and impartial, he is one of the humblest men around. Now he has great color commentators on the road along with Mike Ellis at home.

I can't wait to listen to the Jim Roque show tonight. I am sure the radio station has fixed their technical issues from the past couple of weeks and the broadcast will be available on the internet and the rebroadcast.

The future is bright for Laker hockey!
                              Last edited by Truth Serum; 02-07-2011, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Huge weekend obviously. We could end up only point out of a first round bye or we could end up a few points out of home ice for the first round.

Comment

Working...
                                X