This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Laker Hockey

Kapalka is about the only good thing the Lakers have going for them right now. He has some of the best numbers in the CCHA. Unless he begins to struggle, Ravn will not get an opportunity this year, and will probably get his chance during non conference games at the beginning of next year.

Comment

I think not playing Ravn in a game or two was stupid coaching . Kalpalka goes down and then what Ravn comes in with zero experience and if so,why the hell did they even recruit the guy . If they have no confidence in him playing,it was a waste of a recruit but seems this coaching staff seems lost in coaching hockey to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by soofan View Post
        Another very fishy point from the beginning. gosens reminds us that ravn is probably a good goalie.
        I agree that goaltending is not -so far - a major concern for the Lakers, but Roque has proven terrible in developing goalies, with always the same pattern.
        He worships one and ignores the other who becomes mentally affected and not ready when the coach has no choice.
        Any goaltender would be at his best in K2's shoes, particularly when the focus is on mitigating the scoring chances.
        Will he stay at that level ? If not, how much self confidence will ravn have left.

By the way, it looks like Roque was just attempting to provoke the officials when sending ravn in for the shootout and sending K2 back immediately (I think he indirectly mentioned it at the show). I think he deliberately made a fool of his backup goalie in his childish rift, so I wonder what kind of effect it has on the teammates and on the subsequent games.
        This is a silly comment about the shootout. Kapalka's shoulder was out of joint. That's why Ravn came in. Then, Kapalka said he was good to go, so they made the swap. There is no need to make up a foolish story. That was an awesome game. Why try to ruin it?

I think Roque probably has planned to give Ravn a chance once Kapalka has an off night. As it turns out, Kapalka has been solid ever since he came on the scene. As many have pointed out, goaltending is not the issue. Scoring goals is the issue, and that has been the issue for many, many years now.

Comment

Originally posted by backbencher View Post
          Underlining is not to get clerical comments ... but to have your comments.
          Being angry about a call can happen to anybody, although rather in beer leagues though.
          Calling the police alleging the ref/policeman (not very smart btw) threatened his life (although not talking to him !!!), and maintaining his position to the media a week later, instead of just apologizing, sounds like the man lost it for good and has painted himself into a corner.

"Baited by the officials" so what ? Think about a player getting too intense and using that kind of excuse to the coach. Would he still be on the team ?
          I believe a coach should never talk to the game officials unless it is in an attempt to influence the next call. The best coaches are very calculating in their treatment of the refs. Complaining after a lost game seems a bad idea as it is too late to do any good, appears to be sour grapes, and may produce even worse results the next time that group works your game.
          That being said, I didn't see anything in Coach Roque's post game behavior that was very alarming. I've seen much worse behavior from previous Laker coaches. He owes no one an apology. He is responsible to his team and his boss, Ms. Dunbar.

Righteous indignation aside, I infer from your posts that you believe Coach Roque should be fired. I suspect this is more due to the disappointing on ice performance of the team, rather than Coach Roque's behavior. If this is the case, go ahead and be forthright, rather than offering more rhetorical questions. I think there is plenty of data to support that position.

It's not too early to offer predictions for the NMU series this weekend.

Comment

We have no idea which team will even show up in Marquette. The A team or the B team and winning or losing comes down to that.

Comment

Originally posted by DB Cooper View Post
              If this is the case, go ahead and be forthright, rather than offering more rhetorical questions. I think there is plenty of data to support that position.
              Exhibit A:

"Well you know we're doing everything right and we are playing hard and all we need to do is win and we cannot buy a goal right now and the breaks are all going against us and we are a team that just gets better every game and have a lot of character kids and the opponents goalies all made big saves against us and we are getting a lot of good chances and need to execute better and the we have played some really good teams who are getting hot at the right time and it is unfair being such a small college when the other teams have such an advantage and things just went their way last weekend and we deserved a better fate and i thought we outplayed them and should have won that game and the vitriol shown by the fans on here who don't know what they are talking about being critical and we have some good talent on this team and doing the right things and scoring tons of goals in practice and we are right there with the Western Michigan's and still have a chance at top 4 with games in hand and the schedule being much harder for us than any other team and it is hard to get on these guys because they are working hard and doing the right things and we are just snake bit right now and a bounce here or a crossbar there and things would be different and there were some calls against us and when we go to the net they are calling everything against us and we have a lot of key guys banged up right now and sick with the flu and a cold and it is unfair because we live so far north and we have to stay with it and our discipline is good and we wont change a lot and our in a good position and the guys are confident and we will be the surprise team of the second half and it's a tough league and we are going to be really good down the line with the recruits we are getting and we have to take it one game at a time and get some luck and not have the refs and fans get down us and keep doing what we are doing and the breaks will come and we are working hard and our right there and this team is going to win a lot of games and we have deserved much better fates most nights and have had a lot of things go against us and if we work hard, keep doing what we are doing and execute we will be fine and youu know I can't get down about this past weekend getting 3 points on the road is huge in this league and a bounce here and hitting a post there and we get the 6 points I think the boys are working hard and we have to keep doing what we are doing and work hard and the wins will come and we are going to be the surprise team of the second half and Bowling Green is tough to play in front of their fans and are a vastly improved team and how can I get down on these guys and myself for not getting any breaks and being right there we are right there and on par with the teams ahead of us and this team is snake bit and these guys get better and better every game and i don't care what anyone says this team is going to win a bunch of games and the refs didn't give us any breaks or calls on the weekend and how the league commissioner is even against us along with the refs and linesman i mean i just wanted to talk to them a few weeks ago and had to file a police report because i was threatened and it is unfair due to the finances and being such a small university to be competing against the Western Michigan's and Alaska's who poured in a ton of money to their program and it is unfair if we were to get a home ice advantage because it would cost us $10,000 a game plus expenses to the other teams and that is unfair, Michigan flies here for crying out loud and i hear people all the time being critical of these guys who work hard and they don't know what they are talking about as they are not around these guys and we have a bunch of character guys that improve every year and the power play will come around and we will be the dark horse of the second half and should compete for a first round bye and we have to capitalize on our opportunities because the pucks will start going in the net and we have played tough and are right there and we are going to keep working hard and doing the little things and the wins will come and year in and year out we get the character kids that work really hard and only get better as they progress under this administration and the world of college hockey isn't like it was 20 years ago and it's hard and unfair for the little universities to compete against the big schools like Ferris and Northern and I mean Michigan flies here for crying out loud and these are a bunch of good kids that are working hard and the wins will come and we can't get down on ourselves a bounce here a deflection there and it is a totally different season and we are on the verge of a 7-1 victory we just have to keep doing what we're doing and fighting out there and we will be the surprise team of the second half and get that top 5 finish and stop being so snake bit on the ice and with the officials who would even talk after the game and they are against the Lakers and we have gotten no calls all season and we have had a tough schedule one of the toughest in the league and played some really good teams who have put in a bunch of money in the program and i'm not going to get on these guys because some people who don't know what they are talking about want to question or get down on the kids and if you want to help out why do you write a check because it is really hard and i am happy with the results and we are much better that our record indicates and right there with the teams ahead of us and it will turn around and we are right on that verge of something and we are getting some good kids in here who are lighting it up this year and can only get better and this team is getting better every game and we are right there the boys are working hard and we have to keep doing what we are doing and the breaks will come we have a lot of guys that are just a shot or two away from really breaking a game open we need to keep up the hard work and we are going to get those bounces we were right in those games and we played well and i thought deserved a better fate we are a bit snake bit right now and the calls are going against us and it isn't fair because we are a small school and the Michigan's and Western Michigan's have all this recruiting money and we hear fans talk who really don't know what they are talking about because they aren't around these guys and there is no difference between us and western last weekend and it is only a matter of time before the pucks start going into the net and we get the breaks that all the other teams get and we are doing the right things and the wins will come this team is going to win a lot of games this year and gets better every game and are going to be the surprise team in the second half and a real dark horse and the victory in the shootout on Saturday might be the thing that turns it around and these other teams have superior stick skills but we have a bunch of hard working guys and the recruits next year will really be something and the players on this team improve every year and we are right in the mix and i can't get down on the guys for not winning the wins will come and we are doing some really good things out there. A couple more bounces and we are right there. We have to capitalize on our chances. We're right there and the goals will come. A crossbar here a post there and things would be very different. We can't get mad at players not scoring we have to keep working at it and things will turn around. There are tough times right now. We need good crowds to turn around the fortunes of the Lakers. We are fighting a huge uphill battle every week. We are limited by a lot of things. We can't recruit like other teams. This team gets better every game. I run into people all the time that are down on the Lakers and they don't know what they are talking about. Unless you are around this team every day you don't know what you are talking about. This team is going to win a lot of games this year. It is hard for a small school to compete against the big schools anymore. We got no calls and I think the refs are against the Lakers on this night. We lost 4-0 but I think we had the edge in play. We have 9 wins not 6 including that big one on Saturday that is a big turning point. It would be nice if the people that think they know how to fix it would actually know what they are talking about. We played hard the power play will come along.We have done a really good job. We're competing we are right there. The wins will come!"
              Last edited by Truth Serum; 02-02-2011, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DopeyBaker View Post
                This is a silly comment about the shootout. Kapalka's shoulder was out of joint. That's why Ravn came in. Then, Kapalka said he was good to go, so they made the swap. There is no need to make up a foolish story. That was an awesome game. Why try to ruin it?

I think Roque probably has planned to give Ravn a chance once Kapalka has an off night. As it turns out, Kapalka has been solid ever since he came on the scene. As many have pointed out, goaltending is not the issue. Scoring goals is the issue, and that has been the issue for many, many years now.
                What is silly is to make such a statement without knowing what you are talking about; you are just overwhelmed by your feelings. No need to bring a up a "foolish story" as all those secrets and mysteries around the team are foolish enough, and make anything possible.
                Last edited by soofan; 02-02-2011, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Serum View Post
                  Exhibit A:

"Well you know we're doing everything right and we are playing hard and all we need to do is win and we cannot buy a goal right now and the breaks are all going against us and we are a team that just gets better every game and have a lot of character kids and the opponents goalies all made big saves against us and we are getting a lot of good chances and need to execute better and the we have played some really good teams who are getting hot at the right time and it is unfair being such a small college when the other teams have such an advantage and things just went their way last weekend and we deserved a better fate and i thought we outplayed them and should have won that game and the vitriol shown by the fans on here who don't know what they are talking about being critical and we have some good talent on this team and doing the right things and scoring tons of goals in practice and we are right there with the Western Michigan's and still have a chance at top 4 with games in hand and the schedule being much harder for us than any other team and it is hard to get on these guys because they are working hard and doing the right things and we are just snake bit right now and a bounce here or a crossbar there and things would be different and there were some calls against us and when we go to the net they are calling everything against us and we have a lot of key guys banged up right now and sick with the flu and a cold and it is unfair because we live so far north and we have to stay with it and our discipline is good and we wont change a lot and our in a good position and the guys are confident and we will be the surprise team of the second half and it's a tough league and we are going to be really good down the line with the recruits we are getting and we have to take it one game at a time and get some luck and not have the refs and fans get down us and keep doing what we are doing and the breaks will come and we are working hard and our right there and this team is going to win a lot of games and we have deserved much better fates most nights and have had a lot of things go against us and if we work hard, keep doing what we are doing and execute we will be fine and youu know I can't get down about this past weekend getting 3 points on the road is huge in this league and a bounce here and hitting a post there and we get the 6 points I think the boys are working hard and we have to keep doing what we are doing and work hard and the wins will come and we are going to be the surprise team of the second half and Bowling Green is tough to play in front of their fans and are a vastly improved team and how can I get down on these guys and myself for not getting any breaks and being right there we are right there and on par with the teams ahead of us and this team is snake bit and these guys get better and better every game and i don't care what anyone says this team is going to win a bunch of games and the refs didn't give us any breaks or calls on the weekend and how the league commissioner is even against us along with the refs and linesman i mean i just wanted to talk to them a few weeks ago and had to file a police report because i was threatened and it is unfair due to the finances and being such a small university to be competing against the Western Michigan's and Alaska's who poured in a ton of money to their program and it is unfair if we were to get a home ice advantage because it would cost us $10,000 a game plus expenses to the other teams and that is unfair, Michigan flies here for crying out loud and i hear people all the time being critical of these guys who work hard and they don't know what they are talking about as they are not around these guys and we have a bunch of character guys that improve every year and the power play will come around and we will be the dark horse of the second half and should compete for a first round bye and we have to capitalize on our opportunities because the pucks will start going in the net and we have played tough and are right there and we are going to keep working hard and doing the little things and the wins will come and year in and year out we get the character kids that work really hard and only get better as they progress under this administration and the world of college hockey isn't like it was 20 years ago and it's hard and unfair for the little universities to compete against the big schools like Ferris and Northern and I mean Michigan flies here for crying out loud and these are a bunch of good kids that are working hard and the wins will come and we can't get down on ourselves a bounce here a deflection there and it is a totally different season and we are on the verge of a 7-1 victory we just have to keep doing what we're doing and fighting out there and we will be the surprise team of the second half and get that top 5 finish and stop being so snake bit on the ice and with the officials who would even talk after the game and they are against the Lakers and we have gotten no calls all season and we have had a tough schedule one of the toughest in the league and played some really good teams who have put in a bunch of money in the program and i'm not going to get on these guys because some people who don't know what they are talking about want to question or get down on the kids and if you want to help out why do you write a check because it is really hard and i am happy with the results and we are much better that our record indicates and right there with the teams ahead of us and it will turn around and we are right on that verge of something and we are getting some good kids in here who are lighting it up this year and can only get better and this team is getting better every game and we are right there the boys are working hard and we have to keep doing what we are doing and the breaks will come we have a lot of guys that are just a shot or two away from really breaking a game open we need to keep up the hard work and we are going to get those bounces we were right in those games and we played well and i thought deserved a better fate we are a bit snake bit right now and the calls are going against us and it isn't fair because we are a small school and the Michigan's and Western Michigan's have all this recruiting money and we hear fans talk who really don't know what they are talking about because they aren't around these guys and there is no difference between us and western last weekend and it is only a matter of time before the pucks start going into the net and we get the breaks that all the other teams get and we are doing the right things and the wins will come this team is going to win a lot of games this year and gets better every game and are going to be the surprise team in the second half and a real dark horse and the victory in the shootout on Saturday might be the thing that turns it around and these other teams have superior stick skills but we have a bunch of hard working guys and the recruits next year will really be something and the players on this team improve every year and we are right in the mix and i can't get down on the guys for not winning the wins will come and we are doing some really good things out there. A couple more bounces and we are right there. We have to capitalize on our chances. We're right there and the goals will come. A crossbar here a post there and things would be very different. We can't get mad at players not scoring we have to keep working at it and things will turn around. There are tough times right now. We need good crowds to turn around the fortunes of the Lakers. We are fighting a huge uphill battle every week. We are limited by a lot of things. We can't recruit like other teams. This team gets better every game. I run into people all the time that are down on the Lakers and they don't know what they are talking about. Unless you are around this team every day you don't know what you are talking about. This team is going to win a lot of games this year. It is hard for a small school to compete against the big schools anymore. We got no calls and I think the refs are against the Lakers on this night. We lost 4-0 but I think we had the edge in play. We have 9 wins not 6 including that big one on Saturday that is a big turning point. It would be nice if the people that think they know how to fix it would actually know what they are talking about. We played hard the power play will come along.We have done a really good job. We're competing we are right there. The wins will come!"

This is to be known from this time forward as Truth's Manifesto. If Ted Kaczynski wasn't a guest at the super max in colorado, I'd be sending the FBI your way. This is great. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Exhibit A:

I agree coach Cooper. Whoever said that is off their rocker.

The Truth Is Out There...
                    Last edited by Truth Squad; 02-02-2011, 11:33 AM.

Comment

There's a chance this weekends games at NMU might be canceled due to threats there....
                      http://www.sooeveningnews.com/newsno...public-schools
                      LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                        There's a chance this weekends games at NMU might be canceled due to threats there....
                        I am guessing that they will find a way to play the games this weekend. Northern is on the road the next two weekends before finishing at home against Michigan. With traveling the next two weeks, I do not think that Northern would want to have makeup games on week nights when factoring in travel.

If the threats do extend into the weekend I think a possibility would be to move the games to Houghton depending on the availability of the rink. Tech is in Alaska this weekend. This alternative would at least provide a neutral site instead of shifting the series to the Sault.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                          I would also think that precautions such as metal detectors upon entrance will be taken at this weekends games.

Comment

Exhibit A:

Notice the quotes? None are my words but I agree 1000% with those who have uttered these over the past few week, month and years.

We are lucky to have such people coaching and being a part of Laker hockey and those that are critical need to stop it, just stop it.
                            Last edited by Truth Serum; 02-02-2011, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Notice the quotes? None are my words but I agree 1000% with those who have uttered these over the past few week, month and years.

We are lucky to have such people coaching and being a part of Laker hockey and those that are critical need to stop it, just stop it.
                              Now we have people responding to their own posts. When you speak, do you refer to yourself in the third person? Keep this material coming! I couldn't make this stuff up, and I'm getting all this entertainment for free.

Comment

Originally posted by DB Cooper View Post
                                I believe a coach should never talk to the game officials unless it is in an attempt to influence the next call. The best coaches are very calculating in their treatment of the refs. Complaining after a lost game seems a bad idea as it is too late to do any good, appears to be sour grapes, and may produce even worse results the next time that group works your game.
                                That being said, I didn't see anything in Coach Roque's post game behavior that was very alarming. I've seen much worse behavior from previous Laker coaches. He owes no one an apology. He is responsible to his team and his boss, Ms. Dunbar.

Righteous indignation aside, I infer from your posts that you believe Coach Roque should be fired. I suspect this is more due to the disappointing on ice performance of the team, rather than Coach Roque's behavior. If this is the case, go ahead and be forthright, rather than offering more rhetorical questions. I think there is plenty of data to support that position.

It's not too early to offer predictions for the NMU series this weekend.
                                Your intellect is obviously way above any one else on this thread. I feel privileged that you actually responded to one of my posts. I've always admired those types that try to wow the intellectually inferior with their stunning grasp of the English language. It is an honor and a privilege to be able to marvel at your beautiful sentence structure. I am also in awe of the large words you use. Please do not let anyone get you down by saying your pretentious. OMG I just used one of them big words!

Comment

Working...
                                X