PDA

View Full Version : We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42

Burnt Orange Husky
03-11-2011, 03:21 PM
These stolen from Gina's FB, mainly cause I didn't know what kind of privacy settings she has on the pictures there.
I vote that we bury the toothless Piano Dog logo at the end of this season and replace it with the Misfit's logo. Not only is Piano Dog ugly, it's cursed. All in favor, raise your mouse. Opposed? Any better ideas?

Biddco
03-11-2011, 03:34 PM
I vote that we bury the toothless Piano Dog logo at the end of this season and replace it with the Misfit's logo. Not only is Piano Dog ugly, it's cursed. All in favor, raise your mouse. Opposed? Any better ideas?

Toothless yes, Piano dog?

When did MTU adopt their current Husky logo? I enjoy it.

bigblue_dl
03-11-2011, 03:35 PM
I think we will all agree with you on getting rid of that ugly logo. You can head the charge to get it replaced, and please do. I suggest bugging the **** out of Ian, everyone else with more responsibilities has more important things to worry about.

state of hockey
03-11-2011, 03:42 PM
Toothless yes, Piano dog?

When did MTU adopt their current Husky logo? I enjoy it.

The lines going off the back resemble piano keys.

Who cares? It sucks. Just drop it and go with the awesome script for a while. During that time, people can work on a cool looking husky and you can adopt it later.

bigblue_dl
03-11-2011, 03:47 PM
But seriously, how hard is it to send out an email to the student body, anouncing a contest to design the new logo? It takes no effort! Then you just slowly replace the old logo as jerseys need to be replaced, etc. They wouldn't have to spend the money to change it all right way, just change stuff over whenever it makes sense.

Shirtless Guy
03-11-2011, 03:49 PM
I vote that we bury the toothless Piano Dog logo at the end of this season and replace it with the Misfit's logo. Not only is Piano Dog ugly, it's cursed. All in favor, raise your mouse. Opposed? Any better ideas?Wow, I can't believe it but you just gave me a compliment...thanks :p The piano dog is ugly, we need to get rid of it ASAP. I've been saying that for years...its just a stupid logo.

state of hockey
03-11-2011, 04:08 PM
Just steal Washington's. :D

http://i55.tinypic.com/5kowpc.jpg

FadeToBlack&Gold
03-11-2011, 04:13 PM
I know this may be hard to believe, but aren't there a handful of art majors holed up somewhere in Walker? Maybe approach them about a new design first.

bigblue_dl
03-11-2011, 04:18 PM
I know this may be hard to believe, but aren't there a handful of art majors holed up somewhere in Walker? Maybe approach them about a new design first.
Exactly. Its not like art majors are going to do anything else worthwhile in their lives. They are art majors afterall.

The_Commissioner
03-11-2011, 04:57 PM

Excellent idea! The Piano Dog is a symbol of the Perpetual Losing Culture. He wasn't around back in the Glory Days of Tech Hockey.

melmac
03-11-2011, 05:02 PM
I think it's the dazzle fabric.

New jerseys for everyone!

manurespreader
03-11-2011, 05:29 PM
The piano dog was announced in mid 70-71 or thereabouts and I think was put into use in 72.

There was a real cool logo in the late 60's that was available in the bookstore that was a husky standing at attention superimposed on a block M. I liked it a lot. Had it on my car window when I went to lake placid for the FF. The piano dog won the contest for a new logo I believe. it was, quote modern. personally I hate the thing.

huskyfan
03-11-2011, 06:54 PM
I'm all for a new Husky logo. perhaps the other end of the dog?

Huskiefan906
03-11-2011, 07:16 PM
Ben Johnson dazzled at Compuware.
I watched the highlights on the MHSAA streaming site.
Everyone has heard he is looking at Michigan.

What is the latest from the paint store?

Wyattus Magnus
03-11-2011, 07:17 PM
The piano dog was announced in mid 70-71 or thereabouts and I think was put into use in 72.

There was a real cool logo in the late 60's that was available in the bookstore that was a husky standing at attention superimposed on a block M. I liked it a lot. Had it on my car window when I went to lake placid for the FF. The piano dog won the contest for a new logo I believe. it was, quote modern. personally I hate the thing.

Piano Dog was rolled out in the early 1990s (around 93 or 94) and replaced the historic Huskies script. The university was so proud of that ugly dog that they handed out hankies (not towels) with the new logo when they switched over. I believe they spent a lot of money on that logo design and that is why they have crammed it down everyone's throat (just like the new "Michigan Tech" logo versus the old slanted MTU logo they eliminated close to the same time - or at least the earliest gold Michigan and black Tech version)

Take a look at all of the team pictures of jerseys or action shots from before 1993. The jerseys had the Huskies script from the early 60s through early 90s. Do you think John MacInnes would have tolerated such a putrid mass of piano key, mid 90s Pittsburgh Penguins ripoff, toothless wimp of a dog on his jerseys?......

JohnsonsJerseys
03-11-2011, 10:29 PM
Piano Dog was rolled out in the early 1990s (around 93 or 94) and replaced the historic Huskies script.

Yes, that is correct. Piano Dog first appeared on the home jerseys only for the 1993-94 season. (The road jerseys retained the "Huskies" script.) However for some reason, these home jerseys with a multi-color neck were only used for one season. I have never seen one of these jerseys since the left the ice after the final game. In 1994-95 they were replaced with another set of home Piano Dog jerseys along with the debut of the road Piano Dog jerseys. Both of these sets were again replaced with new jerseys for the 1995-96 season. I guess money grew on trees back then because after that the team got into the habit of only replacing one set each year.

A few years ago I spoke to Jamie about shaking up the jerseys a bit or at the very least adding a new alternate (I even sent them a proposed "vintage" alternate with the MCM logo on the shoulders), but at the time Jamie stated that they had put in a quite a bit of work to get all of the designs switched over to OT Sports and they would be keeping them as is for a while. Really all that has changed recently was the addition of "MICHIGAN TECH" inside the tail of the "Huskies" script so he has stood by his word. I'm sure on a list of 1000 things to make the team better, a new jerseys design is somewhere around 984 where #1 is the most important. Trust me, I don't think anyone would be more interested in seeing some new designs than me.
:-)

Ryan J

1993-94 The original Piano Dog (Huskies Hankie not shown)
http://www.johnsonsjerseys.net/hockey/mtu/mtu00_94h_f.jpg

mtu_huskies
03-11-2011, 11:07 PM
pathetic

Jamie's postgame thoughts:
One area we talked about, win battles in front of our net, we were not very good at
We had some good chances in 1st period, Dell had some good saves
We didn't take care of the area in front of our net, they capitalized
Both teams went hard to the net, they just won the battles, that was the difference
Frattin was amazing tonight, fast, strong, great shot
Gregoire amazing as well
They got a few good bounces, but our coverage could've been better in front of the net
We had a few good PP chances, a couple good savesby Dell
We had some guys that were banged up that couldn't shoot the puck
We are going to talk about taking care in front of the net now, tonight, tomorrow, and then again right before the game

huskyfan
03-12-2011, 12:24 AM
the Seawolves are where Tech ought to be.

bigblue_dl
03-12-2011, 01:07 AM
the Seawolves are where Tech ought to be.

The Holiday Inn at seven corners?

Great night of hockey for me. Watched the greatest hockey tournament in the world, and going back fir the finals tomorrow night. :)

manurespreader
03-12-2011, 07:02 AM
Well looking at these games so far, it's hard to expect the team to do very well. I think they just have to get as much out of it as they can from a learning perspective.

Hard to listen to let alone watch.I really feel that next year we could be winning a lot more games, but yeah, I'm an optimist. Fade, you do a superb job keeping your cool.

I am still hoping our favorite recruit chooses Tech.I think it's every bit as good a place for his hockey as michigan and in some ways better. Good luck to calumet this weekend.
Those games are 3 miles from my house and there is a traffic jam every day getting in and out.