PDA

View Full Version : We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Biddco
02-21-2011, 05:43 PM
JFC, not even Frazee got it this bad.

It was debated on ESPN's Around the Horn. They debated to blame Genoe or credit Makowski.

Twitch Boy
02-21-2011, 05:44 PM
And now I see a "CRAZY GOAL" entry in the PTI queue.

War Eagle.

MTUHatTrick84
02-21-2011, 05:45 PM
It was debated on ESPN's Around the Horn. They debated to blame Genoe or credit Makowski.

I didn't get to see it. What did they say?

JF_Gophers
02-21-2011, 05:46 PM
And now I see a "CRAZY GOAL" entry in the PTI queue.

War Eagle.Any publicity is good publicity?

Twitch Boy
02-21-2011, 05:46 PM
Any publicity is good publicity?

Ladies and gentlemen, Ian Marks!

huskyfan
02-21-2011, 06:21 PM
pssst. I know from a very good source (John Scott Rocks) that Jamie is making $350,000 a year.

FadeToBlack&Gold
02-21-2011, 06:43 PM
pssst. I know from a very good source (John Scott Rocks) that Jamie is making $350,000 a year.

Yes, and I have a great work-at-home job where I make $50,000/month, own a share of a private jet, and just picked up a foreclosed vacation home in Lake Tahoe, all before the age of 25. :rolleyes:

Biddco
02-21-2011, 07:39 PM
I didn't get to see it. What did they say?

One gave credit to Makowski for shooting it, the other put the blame on Genoe. They also wondered why Genoe was covering the post and not making the net smaller (probably because he didn't expect a clear). It was also on PTI (much better show). Tony Kornheiser wondered if the puck made a funny hop.

huskyfan
02-21-2011, 09:26 PM
Yes, and I have a great work-at-home job where I make $50,000/month, own a share of a private jet, and just picked up a foreclosed vacation home in Lake Tahoe, all before the age of 25. :rolleyes:

yeah, I got the private jet thing going on too! ;)

Burnt Orange Husky
02-21-2011, 11:12 PM
And he just made Around the Horn.
I've always thought that a downfield march makes a lousy hockey fight song. Compare, contrast: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npE9UtsOG3E

Nobody in college hockey can beat this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE3ttBHUr18

BTW, it was 78 and sunny down here in Texas today...

Flashy Man
02-22-2011, 02:58 PM
Tanner Kero was named to the USHL Western All-Star Team.

huskyfan
02-22-2011, 03:33 PM
Good news about Tanner!! he joins the team next year, right?

FadeToBlack&Gold
02-22-2011, 03:40 PM
Good news about Tanner!! he joins the team next year, right?

Yep, he starts missing wide-open nets this fall. ;)

I kid...hopefully not

bigblue_dl
02-22-2011, 03:59 PM
Yep, he starts missing wide-open nets this fall. ;)

I kid...hopefully not
Nah, he'll score 3 goals the first weekend, just to get everyone excited, only to break his femur in an unfortunate snow-shoveling incident.

manurespreader
02-22-2011, 04:40 PM
think about it, Kero, B. Pietila, C. Pietila, and a solid defenseman! and three at least other freshman one of whom might actually be good.

thanks to fade and to Hf for posting the game last sat. it helped.

huskyfan
02-22-2011, 04:42 PM
let's make Finnish the official language of the hockey Huskies.

bigblue_dl
02-22-2011, 04:48 PM
let's make Finnish the official language of the hockey Huskies.
But we actually have a Swede on the team. The Fins are simply Yoopers in disguise. :p

davyd83
02-22-2011, 06:31 PM
For some reason, many seem to think that simply changing the coach will greatly improve the fortunes of the program. This season started out very promising and then got crushed by injuries. It's pretty tough when you are picking up people off the street by mid-season. Before you change the coach, you must look at the underlying problems that impede success. Why were Mike Sertich, Newell Brown, Herb Boxer and Bob Mancini able to have better records in their other coaching stops than they did at Tech? Were they much better coaches in other organizations? No matter who has been there since John MacInnes retired, success has been elusive. Why? What are the underlying problems that have hindered all of these guys? What can be done to alleviate them? Because if you can't answer these questions, the next guy, whether the next year, the year after or 10 years from now, won't have much more success than his predecessors.

And before anyone jumps on the guy from Marquette, I grew up in Hancock, grew up on Tech hockey and names like Zuke, Usitalo, Jensen, Krieber and Payne mean something to me. Sure, I'm an NMU alum, but if I had my way it would be 1981 again and Tech and Northern would be in the Frozen Four together!

Flashy Man
02-22-2011, 07:04 PM
Ryan Furne is the WCHA Rookie of the Week. http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=18800&ATCLID=205101465

FadeToBlack&Gold
02-22-2011, 07:25 PM
For some reason, many seem to think that simply changing the coach will greatly improve the fortunes of the program. This season started out very promising and then got crushed by injuries. It's pretty tough when you are picking up people off the street by mid-season. Before you change the coach, you must look at the underlying problems that impede success. Why were Mike Sertich, Newell Brown, Herb Boxer and Bob Mancini able to have better records in their other coaching stops than they did at Tech? Were they much better coaches in other organizations? No matter who has been there since John MacInnes retired, success has been elusive. Why? What are the underlying problems that have hindered all of these guys? What can be done to alleviate them? Because if you can't answer these questions, the next guy, whether the next year, the year after or 10 years from now, won't have much more success than his predecessors.

I'm under the impression that Sertie took the Tech job as a favor until the program could re-evaluate itself and hire a more permanent replacement (ultimately Russell). At any rate, he was only around long enough to stem the bleeding after Watters was canned. I think the general consensus is that Brown and Mancini were promising coaches who both took opportunities to move on to pros/OHL before either could make a long-term impact. From what I can dig up on Boxer, he spent a few years coaching second-tier minor league hockey after his rocky stint at Tech, and was canned midway into his 4th year with the Memphis Riverkings after a 9-23-0 start; hardly what I'd call success.