PDA

View Full Version : BC vs. BU (January 21st). Anyone care?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Barefan
01-21-2011, 02:44 PM
Ya, thats all you seem to need is a RS title. After all, at the University of NO Hardware they are very happy to see that RS Banner hanging, it will never equal an NCAA Championship Banner,

Nick Papagiorgio
01-21-2011, 02:48 PM
Hey!! How'd you know we'd be trolling?? Anyway, I'm pulling for a BU win tonight, after a hard-fought battle. This will put us in position for a win tomorrow night, which will put us in a position for another HE RS title, which will put us in position for a QF exit in the HE Tourney, which will put us in position for a #3 seed in Manchester, bowing out in the QF's. There, I said it.

You know, I'm completely fine with not winning the RS title. It works out well for BC anyway. Heck I even told everyone BC would finish 2nd behind UNH and people thought I was crazy.

That being said, wouldn't you prefer to NOT win the RS title and hope to change things up a bit from the annual choke job? I mean, winning the RS title for you guys is bad luck. Maybe it's just Umile that is bad luck. I don't know...

Jacques Joubert
01-21-2011, 02:50 PM
Good luck tonight everyone!

Drive safely and GO BU!!!!

wildcatdc
01-21-2011, 03:57 PM
You know, I'm completely fine with not winning the RS title. It works out well for BC anyway. Heck I even told everyone BC would finish 2nd behind UNH and people thought I was crazy.

That being said, wouldn't you prefer to NOT win the RS title and hope to change things up a bit from the annual choke job? I mean, winning the RS title for you guys is bad luck. Maybe it's just Umile that is bad luck. I don't know...

That was the point. I was indulging in a little self-deprecating trolling, which apparently was lost on our new friend "Barefan". If you can guarantee us a NC, I'm sure our boys might entertain taking a dive on the last weekend. :D

Good luck to both tonight. Looking forward to some satellite coverage down here.

Kirk 18
01-21-2011, 04:23 PM
Depends, who is the BU crybaby this year?

Cry baby on BU? No the ultimate cry baby was the dwarf goon, Gionta, particularly in his senior year as captain. When he wasn’t getting away with his stick work it seemed that every time he got hit or knocked down he would cry to the ref and get the call.

Bomber
01-21-2011, 04:46 PM
Kirk 18 with a very late attempt to make this a true BU-BC thread. Where were you yesterday?

Nobody believed in the Jets! Here's hoping Jack has his "press corner" attack ready.

BU Hockey: Underdog

pirate
01-21-2011, 05:53 PM
BU Hockey: Same as usual, fightin for our lives in January

quiddlet
01-21-2011, 06:18 PM
Kirk 18 with a very late attempt to make this a true BU-BC thread. Where were you yesterday?

Nobody believed in the Jets! Here's hoping Jack has his "press corner" attack ready.

BU Hockey: Underdog

Please let's uh... let's use the Seahawks instead of the Jets.

Reminder: BC sucks.

theprofromdover
01-21-2011, 06:36 PM
Cry baby on BU? No the ultimate cry baby was the dwarf goon, Gionta, particularly in his senior year as captain. When he wasn’t getting away with his stick work it seemed that every time he got hit or knocked down he would cry to the ref and get the call.

He's been gone 10 years. Yawn.

slurpees
01-21-2011, 06:54 PM
Bu loses...for only the second time ever they do not play harry Agganis' presume video. The other time we lost 9-5. And who gives a crap about what mike lynch thinks about Bu ball vs stony brook PLAY HARRY'S VIDEO.

Eaglefan06
01-21-2011, 06:59 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QHOFyATBRww" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

quiddlet
01-21-2011, 07:05 PM
blah

How can a goal be so awesome and so disgusting at the same time?

Atmosphere in Agganis right now does not hold a candle to last time... wonder why...

SteveF
01-21-2011, 10:11 PM

I agree. there were a lot of tears with gionta.. PARTICULARLY in his senior season

http://bcm.bc.edu/issues/spring_2001/images/FH7.jpg

see ya next year, kirk, you ******

Carmine Scarpaglia
01-21-2011, 10:41 PM
I'm glad that Kirk took off his hair net and stepped away from the fryolator for a few minutes to grace us with his presence. I eagerly await the next time he informs us that he owns a Fortune 500 company and is dating a supermodel.

Next task for Kirk, break out that BROOM and SWEEP that fast-food joint's floor like it's this year's BU hockey team.

TonyTheTiger20
01-22-2011, 01:34 AM
Speaking of midgets:

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=35&id=93884

Carmine Scarpaglia
01-22-2011, 10:45 AM
Boy the fanboys sure are quiet this morning. Didn't we have a fanboy tell us not too long ago that BC fans were the only ones that disappear after a loss? Where is that post?

theprofromdover
01-22-2011, 11:36 AM
Speaking of midgets:

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=35&id=93884

Awesome!

SteveF
01-22-2011, 02:50 PM
Boy the fanboys sure are quiet this morning. Didn't we have a fanboy tell us not too long ago that BC fans were the only ones that disappear after a loss? Where is that post?

astute point; but very old news. this has been happening regularly since 2008.

the funny thing is it will be accused again and again. it is one of the cover pages in the fanboy manifesto right after "NOT IN BOSTON!!". generally speaking, if a fanboy was capable of interpreting facts - he/she/it would have gotten into BC in the first place.

Bomber
01-22-2011, 05:26 PM

Posting on the BU thread. But thanks for your concern.

champ97
01-22-2011, 06:49 PM
Posting on the BU thread. But thanks for your concern.

The thread reads BC vs BU how is it a BU thread? BTW the tape of Kreider never gets old and he scores every time. Nice.