Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Looked Pairwise ... old-school TUC's are BACK!!1!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Looked Pairwise ... old-school TUC's are BACK!!1!!

College Hockey News reports that the NCAA selection committee has reverted to a previous standard with regard to calculating TUC's as it relates to the Pairwise rankings. They detail the changes here. And show the currentest Pairwise results here..

There are now 34 Pairwise-eligible teams. Let the *****ing begin.

Re: New Looked Pairwise ... old-school TUC's are BACK!!1!!

Interesting development. Would be interesting to know why the change after 5 years of the previous version as well as why the change in January instead of the off-season.

Comment

Huh.

*creeps out without complaint*
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Whoa.

edit - I really would love to see bonuses brought back into the picture to boost teams that take on a tough schedule out of conference and especially on the road.
        Last edited by Carmine Scarpaglia; 01-18-2011, 06:09 PM.
        Originally posted by reBlur
        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
          why the change in January instead of the off-season.
          This is definitely the strangest part IMO.
          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

One thing this will certainly do is put the AHA teams in play for the record against TUCs a lot easier. While right now, only Robert Morris is above the line - but Niagara and RIT are on that cusp.

Under the old system, it was possible that an AHA team would make an at-large by being at an RPI ranking around 14 or so. The record against TUCs would be invalid, and in most cases, head to head would be minimal. So it would come down to common opponents. Now it's likely that there will be at least 2 AHA teams as TUCs when everything is said and done.

Personally, the TUC line was fine to me, as it should be the best half of the league at the very least, not 60+%.
            2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
            2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
            2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
            2010 Frozen Four participant
            2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
              Personally, the TUC line was fine to me, as it should be the best half of the league at the very least, not 60+%.
              Yea 34 of 58 teams being TUCs sounds kind of ridiculous. Of course I know that is all subject to change but I liked top 25 capped off like that.

Comment

As a an unofficial quasi-representative of the current #27 Pairwise team I just want to say to #26 thru #34 .. "See ya ..." It's been lovely for this short time to be in your presence at this end of the table but we'll be moving up shortly. Best of luck to each of you.

Comment

Is the Committe embarassed that the current #1 teams has to throw out so many wins because of the "cupcakedness" of its schedule? Is this an attempt to remove some of the "*"s from the rpi?
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

They did this midseason? How is that possible?
                    Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                      Is the Committe embarassed that the current #1 teams has to throw out so many wins because of the "cupcakedness" of its schedule? Is this an attempt to remove some of the "*"s from the rpi?
                      I would note that, currently, Yale would still lead the RPI even with the removed games included, although its lead over UND would shrink from 0.0241 to 0.0185.

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                        They did this midseason? How is that possible?
                        Are you new here? Since when does the NCAA have to follow their own rules and standards?
                        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                          Are you new here? Since when does the NCAA have to follow their own rules and standards?
                          Are you new here? When does the NCAA have standards? ;0)
                          Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

TUCs are stupid anyways. They should've just gotten rid of it altogether and switched to KRACH.
                            Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                              TUCs are stupid anyways. They should've just gotten rid of it altogether and switched to KRACH.
                              I'm surprised that it took 13 replies to get to this opinion!

Comment

Working...
                              X