Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Looked Pairwise ... old-school TUC's are BACK!!1!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Looked Pairwise ... old-school TUC's are BACK!!1!!

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
    They did this midseason? How is that possible?
    It's a Yale* plot, I'm surprised you haven't come up with that conspiracy theory yet.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Comment

I wonder if they did make this change during the summer and just announced it now. Seems strange even for the NCAA to change midseason. PWR looks much different today than it did yesterday morning with these changes.

Comment

The article has no source (not even a "i talked to someone close to the situation"). How do they know the system has changed?

Also, while PWR does accurately predict participating teams, I didn't think the committee actually used it. They may use similar criteria, but I've never seen them say "this is the system we use".
        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
          The article has no source (not even a "i talked to someone close to the situation"). How do they know the system has changed?

Also, while PWR does accurately predict participating teams, I didn't think the committee actually used it. They may use similar criteria, but I've never seen them say "this is the system we use".
          If they told us what they used, we wouldn't have the joys of the annual "My team got screwed" thread. Not to mention, the actual system is probably so awful that there would be so much press, causing the suits to blush.
          Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 01-19-2011, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            If they told us what they used, we wouldn't have the joys of the annual "My team got screwed" thread. Not to mention, the actual system is probably so awful that there would be so much press, causing the suits to blush.
            It'll be funny when Yale doesn't make the tournament this year! Every Yale fan will start their own personal thread!
            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Eastern Bias!

Comment

The USCHO PWR show the same as what CHN now shows, but USCHO doesn't have an article stating something was changed. Did someone simply drop the ball on reporting this in the offseason when it was most likely changed? As someone else pointed out, I don't see any source or a date given for when this was allegedly changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                  TUCs are stupid anyways. They should've just gotten rid of it altogether and switched to KRACH.
                  I agree the KRACH is a better ranking system.
                  Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                  Eric's Twitter
                  The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                    They did this midseason? How is that possible?
                    Very possible they went into a smoke filled room and concocted the idea.
                    Eric's Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                      Is the Committe embarassed that the current #1 teams has to throw out so many wins because of the "cupcakedness" of its schedule? Is this an attempt to remove some of the "*"s from the rpi?
                      Good point!!! I think the fact remains that if you keep stuffing your face with "cupcakes" eventually you will get fat... I wonder if the NCAA is trying to help along a few other struggling teams so the NCAA tourney isn’t stuff full of teams from the “West”… I don't like the fact that they changed the rules in the middle of the game, it makes them look like a bunch of bumbling buffoons.
                      Eric's Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                        Good point!!! I think the fact remains that if you keep stuffing your face with "cupcakes" eventually you will get fat...
                        Speaking from experience there, Goon?
                        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                          Good point!!! I think the fact remains that if you keep stuffing your face with "cupcakes" eventually you will get fat... I wonder if the NCAA is trying to help along a few other struggling teams so the NCAA tourney isn’t stuff full of teams from the “West”… I don't like the fact that they changed the rules in the middle of the game, it makes them look like a bunch of bumbling buffoons.
                          I don't disagree with your assessment.. but I thought I heard they did this last summer when discussing some of the on ice rule changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                            It'll be funny when Yale doesn't make the tournament this year! Every Yale fan will start their own personal thread!
                            Yale will be in. I know this because in the Yale Cheater thread it's been established that Yale is "for realz" and that they will be sending a minimum of 10 really fast skating players each season directly to the NHL for the next decade +.

Despite that, Michigan is projected to have the best recruiting classes........
                            Life's A Journey, Not A Destination......
                            Steven Tyler

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                              I don't disagree with your assessment.. but I thought I heard they did this last summer when discussing some of the on ice rule changes.
                              If they did it last summer, why not announce the change then? Coming out now, it looks bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                                If they did it last summer, why not announce the change then? Coming out now, it looks bad.
                                Did anyone even announce it? This doesn't just look bad, this looks like pizz-poor management.
                                Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Working...
                                X