Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alaska Airlines Governors Cup UA vs. UAA Feb 25th & Feb 26th

Originally posted by It's Maverick Hockey Time View Post
    It does suck to lose to the 31st ranked team. What is your point?
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
      BTHC will pretty much kill the CCHA and it will put a big dent in the WCHA. CCHA is heavily slanted to Michigan and Michigan State. .
      That is why the WCHA did a "first strike” we got 2 replacements for minny and madtown.
      So we have 2 extra teams until 2014. I presume the CCHA is going wait until the last minute and try to get more teams to join, I bet UA_ will be tossed under the bus and have to pony up 25 plane tickets for all the new teams also.

uaafanblog made a post a while back basically saying that UAF and UAA would be smart to set aside the unpleasantries and work together to make sure we both have a solid future when the Big 10 happens, and I couldn't agree more. .
      I see they took your lead w/ new ad …..Go to the rink and watch TV? After the “Super Bowl after party at the Carlson” fiasco. You wonder what the “UAF Think Tank” is doing I don’t think you will get more than 150 to show up for a $20.00 taco dinner and over priced beers. With all the money to rent the Carlson they could have had an all you can eat and drink at the dump for free. Watching hockey under the “big top” where all the old worn out couches are and digging for treasures during the TV timeouts and period breaks.

I also wonder if that would be an opportune time for UAF to move into what's left of the WCHA.
      And the opportune time for UAF to join the WCHA has passed, as the door is slammed shut.
      The Taco ad will be the dead bolt being securing that locked door.
      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

• Open Bar Night at the Pioneers Home?

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
        That is why the WCHA did a "first strike” we got 2 replacements for minny and madtown.
        So we have 2 extra teams until 2014. I presume the CCHA is going wait until the last minute and try to get more teams to join, I bet UA_ will be tossed under the bus and have to pony up 25 plane tickets for all the new teams also.

I see they took your lead w/ new ad …..Go to the rink and watch TV? After the “Super Bowl after party at the Carlson” fiasco. You wonder what the “UAF Think Tank” is doing I don’t think you will get more than 150 to show up for a $20.00 taco dinner and over priced beers. With all the money to rent the Carlson they could have had an all you can eat and drink at the dump for free. Watching hockey under the “big top” where all the old worn out couches are and digging for treasures during the TV timeouts and period breaks.

And the opportune time for UAF to join the WCHA has passed, as the door is slammed shut.
        The Taco ad will be the dead bolt being securing that locked door.
        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

From the UAA press release:

In the last 10 outings UAA leads, 7-2-1 ... since bench boss Dave Shyiak took the reins, the Seawolves are 9-5-2 against UAF
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

How does travel work in this series? Both teams fly to game two together right after the first game? Seperate after the first game? or the next morning?

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
              From the UAA press release:

4 of those wins came against Yoda's evil twin. That's like a mulligan for us.
              “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

• Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                How does travel work in this series? Both teams fly to game two together right after the first game? Seperate after the first game? or the next morning?
                I think in 2009 they took separate airlines after the Friday game. Not sure about last year.

Comment

Then we claim mulligans for the Hill years as well!
                  Originally Posted by aparch
                  I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                    UAA charters a plane for the series, either Alaska or Era. I don't know what UAF does but it is seperate as they don't really mix well.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                      Then we claim mulligans for the Hill years as well!
                      Agreed, if we gotta accept the Hill years you have to accept the Yoda years.
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        UAA charters a plane for the series, either Alaska or Era. I don't know what UAF does but it is seperate as they don't really mix well.
                        Last I heard, for the last two years, the Seawolves took Era (if it was a charter as you say then it makes sense...it's probably way cheaper to charter an Era plane than Alaska Air) and UAF flew commercial on Alaska. But since the Fairbanks game isn't starting early this year, we might have
                        other arrangements. The last Alaska flight to Anchorage usually leaves FAI around 10:00 pm, and it's an often delayed Combi flight that comes down from the Slope.

Comment

Last I heard, for the last two years, the Seawolves took Era (if it was a charter as you say then it makes sense...it's probably way cheaper to charter an Era plane than Alaska Air) and UAF flew commercial on Alaska. But since the Fairbanks game isn't starting early this year, we might have
                          other arrangements. The last Alaska flight to Anchorage usually leaves FAI around 10:00 pm, and it's an often delayed Combi flight that comes down from the Slope.
                          Doesn't matter the "nooks are leaving the Cup when they go back north . If game started at 6pm would of probaly went up as would catch last flight out of _airbanks. instead will watch on GCI.
                          UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                            Doesn't matter the "nooks are leaving the Cup when they go back north . If game started at 6pm would of probaly went up as would catch last flight out of _airbanks. instead will watch on GCI.
                            You probably would have doubled the number of Anchorage fans in attendance if you were going.

And check your email, AH.

Comment

You probably would have doubled the number of Anchorage fans in attendance if you were going. .
                              I see a scapegoat for your Basketball programs, both UA_ coaches can point a finger and boast well we are a little better than …..Caltech.
                              (Caltech ended its run of 310 consecutive losses in the Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic)

And check your email, AH.
                              I could handle that but….. You are putting your fellow ‘nook fans in a insurmountable bind as they mostly operate on a cashless trade and barter survival existence.

Comment

• Until our basketball teams prove they can beat the West Valley JV squads on a regular basis I'm not counting thumpthump smack talk.

As for our arrangement, if you're willing to accept potential payment in blubber then we have a deal.

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                                I see a scapegoat for your Basketball programs, both UA_ coaches can point a finger and boast well we are a little better than …..Caltech.
                                (Caltech ended its run of 310 consecutive losses in the Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic)

I could handle that but….. You are putting your fellow ‘nook fans in a insurmountable bind as they mostly operate on a cashless trade and barter survival existence.

Comment

Working...
                                X