New Poll Predictions for 1/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Poll Predictions for 1/17

These are assuming Hobart and Utica winning today. Hobart looks to be in good shape up 5-0 on Nichols right now.

1.St. Norbert
    2.Oswego
    3.Norwich
    4.Bowdoin
    5.Manhattanville
    6.Williams
    7.Castleton
    8.Geneseo
    9.Adrian
    10.Hamline
    11.Utica
    12.Plattsburgh
    13.MSOE
    14.Gustavus Adolphus
    15.Superior/Hobart

Flip a coin on #15. It should be one of those two though.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: New Poll Predictions for 1/17

Norwich at #1. Why? For no reason.
    Plattsburgh State Cardinals
    1992 & 2001 NCAA Division III Ice Hockey Champions
    21 SUNYAC Championships

Comment

hard to not agree with these, I might flip Castleton and Williams. I think Norwich should be lower down, but won't be and Manhattanville should be higher.
      Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

Originally posted by CROSBYNU63 View Post
        hard to not agree with these, I might flip Castleton and Williams. I think Norwich should be lower down, but won't be and Manhattanville should be higher.
        I agree about Norwich and Manhattanville.

There is no reason why Manhattanville shouldnt be higher but that's where the chips fell last week and I doubt Norwich would drop below Mville now.

The only reason why Williams is in front of Castleton is because they were last week and both teams won twice so I just left it as is.
        GO LAKERS!!!
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Prezde,

Is Bowdoin the real deal? I haven't seen them play, but it seems like they have a WEAK schedule.
          Plattsburgh State Cardinals
          1992 & 2001 NCAA Division III Ice Hockey Champions
          21 SUNYAC Championships

Comment

Originally posted by CardsFan91 View Post
            Prezde,

Is Bowdoin the real deal? I haven't seen them play, but it seems like they have a WEAK schedule.
            They are decent. Personally they didn't do much to impress me when they played Norwich last weekend. They can put up goals, but they've been playing some pretty weak teams and their goaltending is mediocre at the very best.

They only have one good win so far against Castleton. That's it. They really haven't played and beat anyone outside of that game.
            GO LAKERS!!!
            Oswego State '09

Comment

It seems like Bowdoin starts each season strong and then fades as the season moves along. They play a weak out of conference schedule and with the end of the Interlock they will most likely not improve on it.
              Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

Elmira beats Geneseo this week, IF they beat Utica next week which they have already done, where do you put them for the next poll?
                Just looking ahead, It's a fact that EC is a much better team than a month ago.
                No, I'm not saying they belong there yet but they should start getting some serious looks.
                Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
                Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
                Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

Comment

Originally posted by jconnor View Post
                  Elmira beats Geneseo this week, IF they beat Utica next week which they have already done, where do you put them for the next poll?
                  Just looking ahead, It's a fact that EC is a much better team than a month ago.
                  No, I'm not saying they belong there yet but they should start getting some serious looks.
                  They are definitely going to get votes and probably just miss the poll this week after beating the #6 team in the country in their barn.

It's all relative to what everyone else does around them Jim on a week to week basis.

If they beat Utica next week, they'll definitely be in.
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

1.St. Norbert
                    2.Oswego
                    3.Norwich
                    4.Bowdoin
                    5.Manhattanville
                    6.Williams
                    7.Castleton
                    8.Geneseo
                    9.Adrian
                    10.Utica
                    11.Hamline
                    12.Plattsburgh
                    13.MSOE
                    14.Hobart
                    15.Gustavus Adolphus

I agreed with you mostly, just flipped Hamline and Utica, and flipped Hobart and Gustavus. Unfortunately I dont think Superior will be in. I am highly against Gustavus being ranked in this poll. Hopefully, next week Superior or Elmira (or both) will make it over them.

Comment

how do you not put Utica in the Top 10.....again....i know they beat weak teams, but c'mon, 13-4-0 and you still have them behind Hamline? whats it gonna take to surpass hamline in the polls?

Lets hope if they beat Elmira next weekend that they will....

(and yess i do recongnize that someone did rank them in the top 10)
                      Utica College Hockey. Best fan base in D-III. Fear the Moose.
                      Utica College 2004-2005 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                      Utica College 2012-2013 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                      2012-2013 ECAC West PICK'EM CHAMPION
                      2012-2013 SUNYAC 1st runner up to the Pick'EM CHAMPION

Comment

Originally posted by Pioneers#1 View Post
                        how do you not put Utica in the Top 10.....again....i know they beat weak teams, but c'mon, 13-4-0 and you still have them behind Hamline? whats it gonna take to surpass hamline in the polls?

Lets hope if they beat Elmira next weekend that they will....

(and yess i do recongnize that someone did rank them in the top 10)
                        I think you answered your own question, "Weak Teams' Let's not forget the 6-0 beating they took last visit to Elmira ;-)
                        Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
                        Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
                        Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

Comment

Weak teams ??? lol Wins over Manhattanville Hobart Amherst and two over Buff State who was ranked at the time. Lost to Oswego 2-1 and 3-1 open net !!! KRATCH says their schedule is the toughest in all of D3 ! They are clearly on a roll and if they had beaten Oswego one of the two games they'd be ranked top five. Get your facts straight.
                          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                            Weak teams ??? lol Wins over Manhattanville Hobart Amherst and two over Buff State who was ranked at the time. Lost to Oswego 2-1 and 3-1 open net !!! KRATCH says their schedule is the toughest in all of D3 ! They are clearly on a roll and if they had beaten Oswego one of the two games they'd be ranked top five. Get your facts straight.
                            Slight correction of the facts.

Utica used to have the #1 SOS before this weekend.

Now Elmira is #1 after playing Geneseo while Utica played Curry and Nichols and dropped to fourth.

Morrisville is #2 and Oswego is #3 now.
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

Code:
                              USCHO.com Division III Men's Poll
                              Minneapolis, Minn./January 17, 2011

Team       (First Place)         Record   Pts  Last Week
                               1 Oswego              (12)         15-2-0   292     1
                               2 St. Norbert         ( 8)         15-2-0   288     2
                               3 Norwich                          10-4-1   238     3
                               4 Bowdoin                          10-2-0   232     4
                               5 Manhattanville                   13-3-1   225     5
                               6 Williams                          9-2-1   181     7
                               7 Geneseo                          11-4-2   160     6
                               8 Castleton                        13-2-0   155    10
                               9 Adrian                           11-3-1   138     8
                              10 Utica                            13-4-0   103    11
                              11 Milwaukee School of Engineering  11-3-1    88     9
                              12 Hamline                           9-3-3    82    11
                              13 Plattsburgh                      10-4-1    75    13
                              14 Hobart                           11-4-1    41    NR
                              15 Gustavus Adolphus                10-5-2    36    13

Others Receiving Votes: Wisconsin-Superior 26, Neumann 12, 
                              Wisconsin-Eau Claire 11, Amherst 7, Hamilton 4, 
                              Salem State 3, Marian 1, Massachusetts-Boston 1, 
                              Wisconsin-Stout 1
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                              X