Nashville 2015 (Frozen 4)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I will be very disappointed if there isn't a Nashville frozen 4. Just to **** off onion moron.
    I am inclined to agree with you here bb_dl.
    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

• Re: Nashville 2015 (Frozen 4)?

In terms of Nashville's ability/willingness to host a big sporting event, I have no reservations about giving them a Frozen Four. Having attended their bowl game at the football stadium across the river from downtown, I can say that they do a wonderful job with these types of events. They would embrace the FF, and they would do a very good job with it.

In terms of the FF in Detroit, I enjoyed myself. I was only there for the final, but the hotel situation and bar-hopping before the game were good. It was well-supported by local fans. I would have no problem returning to an FF there (perhaps if/when the new arena is constructed).

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
        So, you went to Detroit thinking it was going to be bad, but once you actually got there you had a good time?? Hmmmm... Kinda funny how that works when you go somewhere and put in a little actual effort into actually having a good time there.
        The difference is I've been to Nashville and it's a pee-stop town. Im sure I'll have a good time if its in Nashville, but I'll probably keep wishing it was in a better city the entire time.
        Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          I will be very disappointed if there isn't a Nashville frozen 4. Just to **** off onion moron.
          I wouldn't be mad at all. Putting a Frozen Four in Nashville will help other mega-towns such as Gary, Indiana, Ponca City, Oklahoma and Harrisburg, PA to put in for Frozen Fours, too. Why not. There are bars and restaurants there, too, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
            I wouldn't be mad at all. Putting a Frozen Four in Nashville will help other mega-towns such as Gary, Indiana, Ponca City, Oklahoma and Harrisburg, PA to put in for Frozen Fours, too. Why not. There are bars and restaurants there, too, right?
            Nashville, TN: Pop. 635,710, Bridgestone Arena Capacity: 17,113
            Gary, IN: Pop. 102,746, Genesis Convention Center Capacity: <7000 (may or may not have ice-making capabilities)
            Ponca City, OK: Pop. 25,919, No Arena as far as I can tell
            Harrisburg, PA: Pop. 47,196, Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex and Expo Center Capacity: <7600 (most likely does not have ice-making capabilities

But if you want to keep spouting off with non-sensical, pointless BS, go right ahead. After all, I'm pretty sure no one takes you serious anymore anyway.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              Nashville, TN: Pop. 635,710, Bridgestone Arena Capacity: 17,113
              Gary, IN: Pop. 102,746, Genesis Convention Center Capacity: <7000 (may or may not have ice-making capabilities)
              Ponca City, OK: Pop. 25,919, No Arena as far as I can tell
              Harrisburg, PA: Pop. 47,196, Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex and Expo Center Capacity: <7600 (most likely does not have ice-making capabilities

But if you want to keep spouting off with non-sensical, pointless BS, go right ahead. After all, I'm pretty sure no one takes you serious anymore anyway.
              The one bright side would be seeing the locals laughing at the pasty fools from Minnesota and North Dakota waiting in line to see Dolly Parton at the Grand Old Opry. For the record, a Frozen Four in Gary, IN would be tremendous. Clearly you've never been and "wouldn't have fun" if they had it there.

Comment

EVery argument of yours has been soundly obliterated. Just stop.
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                  EVery argument of yours has been soundly obliterated. Just stop.
                  So an opinion of Nashville isn't a good locale for a Frozen Four is an "argument"? I could care less what anyone thinks about this, but it would be a bad place to have this tournament.

Comment

The one bright side would be seeing the locals laughing at the pasty fools from Minnesota and North Dakota waiting in line to see Dolly Parton at the Grand Old Opry.
                    Seriously? In Grand Forks we don't laugh at opposing fans and Canadians coming to watch Fighting Sioux Hockey at the Ralph. We Like revenue here. I may be stupid, but i'm not Onion Man Stupid.
                    Last edited by darker98; 02-01-2011, 05:29 PM.
                    "My greatest achievement."
                    Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

I'm not southern, but southern people have manners and hospitality, and unlike you, aren't foolish and narrow minded.
                      Last edited by irishfan85; 02-01-2011, 06:46 PM. Reason: So it didn't quote darker as I wasn't referring to him

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
                        i'm not southern, but southern people have manners and hospitality, and unlike you, aren't foolish and narrow minded.
                        you are kidding me. Right?
                        Last edited by darker98; 02-01-2011, 05:37 PM.

Comment

So an opinion of Nashville isn't a good locale for a Frozen Four is an "argument"? I could care less what anyone thinks about this, but it would be a bad place to have this tournament.
                          No, the reasons you keep spewing trying to back up your opinion are arguments. But, I will go back on what I said. By all means, keep voicing your opinion. Just change it up a bit here and there, it isn't as entertaining as it was at first.
                          the state of hockey is good

Comment

I'm not southern, but southern people have manners and hospitality, and unlike you, aren't foolish and narrow minded.
                            Southern people are not narrow minded?! You didn't see the newly elected gov of Alabama on TV last week then right?
                            Nashville would be a fine venue, a lot better than tampa imho.
                            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by darker98 View Post
                              you are kidding me. Right?
                              I tend to agree with him that the NCAA Frozen Four should be in Boston, NYC @ MSG (if they could), St. Paul, Denver, Milwaukee, Detroit, etc. However, Nashville is a place with a lot of great spots downtown and plenty of hotels right around there. His idiocy of there being small cities everywhere that would be just as good shows how narrow minded he is.

Comment

I tend to agree with him that the NCAA Frozen Four should be in Boston, NYC @ MSG (if they could), St. Paul, Denver, Milwaukee, Detroit, etc. However, Nashville is a place with a lot of great spots downtown and plenty of hotels right around there. His idiocy of there being small cities everywhere that would be just as good shows how narrow minded he is.
                                I get ya. You quoted what I said so I thought you were calling me narrow minded.

Comment

Working...
                                X