X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D1 Forum Poll: Who wins the NCAA crown: Round 2 - Public

"Restarting the poll with the public view of votes option enabled."

As promised back in November, here is the second round of the D1 Forum Poll to see who will win the crown.

Expect quite a few changes. Was debating my own vote as well. Heart sais Cornell. Brain sais Wisco. I stayed with the Heart.

Poll results of the first round held in October:

Cornell. 14 - 24%
    Hurst.. 10 - 17%
    UMD... 09 - 15%
    BU..... 08 - 13%
    Minny. 04 - 7%
    Wisco. 02 - 4%
    BC...... 01 - 2%
    Others. 10 - 17%
    No votes for Harvard or UNH.

58 voters.
    BC
    1.92%
    BU
    11.54%
    Cornell
    15.38%
    Mercyhurst
    7.69%
    Minnesota
    1.92%
    North Dakota
    1.92%
    North Eastern
    0.00%
    Providence
    1.92%
    Quinnipiac
    0.00%
    UMD
    9.62%
    Wisconsin
    46.15%
    Other
    1.92%

Re: D1 Forum Poll: Who wins the NCAA crown: Round 2 - Public

Originally posted by brookyone
    I considered this number suspect...or very surprising back in the initial poll. The Badgers definitely warranted more votes I believed.

Since this isn't a poll with results viewable to the public, I'll spill...I did change my vote from Cornell to Wisconsin.

Wish I knew who the "others" votes belonged to in the first poll. Anyone thinking the Beavers? Anyone at all?

I restart a new poll with the public view option on. (There did not appear to be an option to change it once the poll was started). Locked the first version.

WRT the Other category, suspect there were at least a couple of votes for Clarky and a couple of votes for PC, based on allegiences of some of the voters in that catergory. At the time Clarky was still in the top ten.
    Last edited by OnMAA; 01-12-2011, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Poll results of the first round held in October:

Wisco. 02 - 4% 58 voters.

I considered this number suspect...or very surprising back in the initial poll. The Badgers definitely warranted more votes I believed.

Since this isn't a poll with results viewable to the public, I'll spill...I did change my vote from Cornell to Wisconsin.

Wish I knew who the "others" votes belonged to in the first poll. Anyone thinking the Beavers? Anyone at all?
      Last edited by OnMAA; 01-24-2011, 05:18 PM.

Comment

I'll spill...I did change my vote from Cornell to Wisconsin.
        Originally posted by D2D
        I changed from UMD to Wisconsin, even though Heart said neither!

Comment

Revote if you voted prior to 10:30 EST. (First six voters).

Revote if you voted early. re-created the poll with the public view option turned on.

Comment

The problem with these polls is we are mostly a bunch of homers. In the future, it might be better to ask the question such that you can't vote for your team. If you think that you're team is going to win it all, then who do you think they will defeat in the championship game. That would tend to give more votes to the teams that people view as championship contenders. And yes, it has to be a public poll for that to work.
            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
              The problem with these polls is we are mostly a bunch of homers. In the future, it might be better to ask the question such that you can't vote for your team. If you think that you're team is going to win it all, then who do you think they will defeat in the championship game. That would tend to give more votes to the teams that people view as championship contenders. And yes, it has to be a public poll for that to work.
              I disagree, at least when voting in polls.

By the way, I just voted and I don't see who voted

Sean Pickett

P.S. It's Northeastern

P.P.S. How many polls for this are there?
              Last edited by Sean Pickett; 01-13-2011, 08:09 AM.
              Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
              Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
              BU Hockey highlights and extras
              NCAA Hockey Financials
              Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
              I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                I can see who voted, even when visiting as a guest. Click on the link under the number of votes beside a team (when it is not zero the number of votes becomes a link), to see who voted.

P.S. It's Northeastern
                I spelled it the canuck way "North" is all good.

As indicated this is the second round for this year. The first one ran in October. See result in lead out post.

For your convenience here is a direct link to the first one:
                http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...Poll-2010-2011

P.S.....Just deleted the one with the public view error opened yesterday. Transferred all pertinent comments from it to this thread.
                Last edited by OnMAA; 01-13-2011, 09:29 AM.

Comment

it says that i think North Dakota will win the 'ship, i must have been careless in my voting because i really think that Wisconsin will. although i feel North Dakota is capable of an upset, i think Wisconsin is just a dominant team this year. Knight, Duggan, and Decker are seemingly unstoppable

Comment

Once a homer, always a homer, I guess!

But seriously, I was there in person for the Hurst - Wisco tilt. That game was not a 7-4 game. Both goalies would have begged for "do-overs" on a couple of shots, and Hurst had brain farts that Wisco capitalized on. (Granted, very good teams do that!).

Sharper goaltending on both ends and a couple of corrections for mental errors, suddenly this game is a 3-2 game either way.

My honest opinion is that Hurst, Wisco or Cornell will be the champ, with the differences between these three hard to discern. But yeah, LOL, I voted for Hurst.

(tempted to leave a string of P.S., P.S.S., P.S.S.S, etc. messages, but, this silly comment will just have to do instead!)
                    Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

And then you vote for BU. Way to make a liar out of me. With BU and BC, this may be the best 1-2 Hockey East has ever had.

Originally posted by IceIsNice View Post
                      But seriously, I was there in person for the Hurst - Wisco tilt. That game was not a 7-4 game. Both goalies would have begged for "do-overs" on a couple of shots, and Hurst had brain farts that Wisco capitalized on. (Granted, very good teams do that!).

Sharper goaltending on both ends and a couple of corrections for mental errors, suddenly this game is a 3-2 game either way.
                      It could have been 3-2; it could have just as easily been 11-8. This was not a game that you'd stick in a time capsule as an example of great D. The offenses were ahead of the team defenses from the opening face off, and one can point the finger at the goalies, but the blame doesn't end there. I thought MC was going to win this game beforehand. They had the intangibles, and this is the type of game Wisconsin usually loses. Both teams are going to need to clean up a lot of things before they can hoist a trophy, and I don't know that the CHA schedule is going to help the Lakers accomplish that.
                      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Sean Pickett

P.S. It's Northeastern

A Picky Mr Pickett

Comment

Originally posted by siglet View Post
                          ...i think Wisconsin is just a dominant team this year. Knight, Duggan, and Decker are seemingly unstoppable
                          I don't know about "unstoppable." UMD and Minnesota have each beaten Wisconsin. The Bulldogs held Wisconsin to four goals for the weekend when the Badgers were averaging five goals per game at that point. And Mankato and North Dakota each came within a goal of beating the Badgers.

Wisconsin has a series in St. Cloud this weekend that they could phone in, then they face the Bulldogs and Gophers back-to-back. The next three weekends will be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by siglet View Post
                            it says that i think North Dakota will win the 'ship, i must have been careless in my voting because i really think that Wisconsin will. although i feel North Dakota is capable of an upset, i think Wisconsin is just a dominant team this year. Knight, Duggan, and Decker are seemingly unstoppable
                            Originally posted by JosephPSchmoe View Post
                            I don't know about "unstoppable."
                            http://www.uscho.com/stats/overall/d...men/2010-2011/

Despite a couple close games and a couple losses, I'm with siglet. I think the stats indicate that "unstoppable" is a fair and accurate characterization. I don't think anyone is going to shut the top Badger line down for any length of time. It's the very word that popped into my head as I watched UW at Ridder earlier this season. They'd have to be considered in any discussion of best lines ever assembled in D-I IMO. It'll be interesting to see where they stand in total points compared to other great lines, at seasons end.

...and looky here...an ALL American line at that! Hmmmm.

I'll confess, I didn't see any unicorns or rainbows exiting butts when UW was at Ridder.
                            Last edited by brookyone; 01-13-2011, 06:35 PM.
                            Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by JosephPSchmoe View Post
                              I don't know about "unstoppable." UMD and Minnesota have each beaten Wisconsin. The Bulldogs held Wisconsin to four goals for the weekend when the Badgers were averaging five goals per game at that point. And Mankato and North Dakota each came within a goal of beating the Badgers.
                              i didn't mean that Wisco is unbeatable. In their loss to MN Duggan had 2 goals and Knight had a goal and 2 assists. in the first game against UMD, Decker had 2 goals. Duggan had a goal and an assist, and Knight ad 2 assists. in the loss to UMD, Duggan had the lone goal assisted by Knight and Decker. what i meant was, it is VERY hard to keep these 3 off the scoresheet

Comment

Working...
                              X