PDA

View Full Version : Jack Parker Controls the Weather, Too!

Pages : [1] 2 3

buoldtimer
01-12-2011, 08:57 AM
So then, in addition to referees, linesmen, HE officials, NCAA Selection Committee Members, goal judges, timekeepers, penalty box attendants, schedule makers, BU professors, BU Admissions Directors and zamboni drivers, we now see that JP controls the weather to his own benefit. How else to explain this month's Storm of the Century?

Instead of playing MC tonight without Nicastro, he conjures up this mess.

He must have spent the past two days assessing the situation.

1. Nicastro sits out an NC game.
2. MC has to play on Tuesday following a long trip and 2 games in Alabama, of all places, this weekend.
3. We get to play on Tuesday while well-rested.

Is there any end to his nefarious ways?

Nick Papagiorgio
01-12-2011, 09:43 AM

Liver failure?

slurpees
01-12-2011, 09:46 AM
So then, in addition to referees, linesmen, HE officials, NCAA Selection Committee Members, goal judges, timekeepers, penalty box attendants, schedule makers, BU professors, BU Admissions Directors and zamboni drivers, we now see that JP controls the weather to his own benefit. How else to explain this month's Storm of the Century?

2. MC has to play on Tuesday following a long trip and 2 games in Alabama, of all places, this weekend.

Thread of the (snow) day!

And you weren't even as right as you thought you were! MC actually plays in Nashville against UAH, so JP clearly thought that he'd allow the MC players to get sloshed this weekend in the Music City, come back hungover and have to play against us on Tuesday. Perfecto!

Bomber
01-12-2011, 10:13 AM
Well done!

BU Hockey: Snow Control

buoldtimer
01-12-2011, 10:17 AM
Thread of the (snow) day!

MC actually plays in Nashville against UAH..

Nashville??

theprofromdover
01-12-2011, 10:25 AM
liver failure?

lol!

Federal League
01-12-2011, 10:45 AM
Nashville??

First D-I hockey games ever played in the state of Tennessee. Great job on the thread, BTW.

mookie1995
01-12-2011, 10:50 AM
Nashville??

big boy bldg too.

FlagDUDE08
01-12-2011, 10:51 AM
Elis, eat your heart out with your bragging rights threads, this one is laugh out loud funny.

Nick Papagiorgio
01-13-2011, 11:38 AM

For the record, not even Max Nicastro and a little bit of rest for BU and travel for Merrimack is going to help you.

You must have missed the memo, but according to the folks at Merrimack, they might have the best team in college hockey history as evidenced by their 2 home wins over BC this year (even though the past doesn't matter according to them). In many hockey circles (in the North Andover area), this is a more impressive triumph than the USA 1980 victory over the USSR.

So while you have Jack Parker and the weather on your side... well... that simply isn't enough to beat Merrimack, the greatest team in college hockey history, this year.

I'd recommend a biohazard suit to keep fluids from excited Merrimack fans from infecting you ... but, I know Jack Parker will be upset and think less of you if you're not wearing a BU jersey... so... just try to stay 10 feet or more from the Merrimack fans.

Salvo1017
01-13-2011, 11:46 AM
For the record, not even Max Nicastro and a little bit of rest for BU and travel for Merrimack is going to help you.

You must have missed the memo, but according to the folks at Merrimack, they might have the best team in college hockey history as evidenced by their 2 home wins over BC this year (even though the past doesn't matter according to them). In many hockey circles (in the North Andover area), this is a more impressive triumph than the USA 1980 victory over the USSR.

So while you have Jack Parker and the weather on your side... well... that simply isn't enough to beat Merrimack, the greatest team in college hockey history, this year.

I'd recommend a biohazard suit to keep fluids from excited Merrimack fans from infecting you ... but, I know Jack Parker will be upset and think less of you if you're not wearing a BU jersey... so... just try to stay 10 feet or more from the Merrimack fans.

I'll say it again....the people that are talking about Merrimack as having the "the best team in college hockey" are uttered by people like you and other opposing fans...not us. I think we'd really appreciate it if you'd stop putting words in our mouths. If I really thought we had the best team in the college hockey I would say it, but I haven't because of the quite obvious reason that we're not the best team in college hockey.

I don't mind argument and discourse, in fact I encourage it. My Augustinian teachings from Merrimack have only reinforced my position that only through open and transparent discourse can the truth by revealed... but stop putting words in Merrimack fan's mouths and then proceed to tell the rest of the world that we said those words.

buoldtimer
01-13-2011, 12:31 PM

Perhaps this post is better suited to the Merrimack thread.

Slasher7
01-13-2011, 12:52 PM
Parker doesn't control the weather, the government does. I know this because I read it on the internets:

http://www.cuttingedge.org/news/n1694.cfm

FlagDUDE08
01-13-2011, 12:55 PM
Perhaps this post is better suited to the Merrimack thread.

I don't know, I think it should be a whole entire new thread, we should hear how Merrimack is the best team in the country, and that they skate circles around a misspelled league. :D

Nick Papagiorgio
01-13-2011, 01:05 PM
^
See what I'm saying!!!!!

These guys are a trip.

sterlippo1
01-13-2011, 01:27 PM
a classic thread and post by buoldtimer!

Chickens@NU
01-13-2011, 01:41 PM
There is a major problem with this thread. Jack Parker controls no aspect of the weather. The only reason there was a Nor'easter on Wednesday is because Bill Bellichek allowed the storm to form when it did. He didn't want any delay to his game that would give them less rest for the following round of the playoffs. So Bellichek had the storm come on Wednesday to allow plenty of time to clean up the Stadium for Sunday's game. End of story. I will give you that Parker does control the rest of what you posted, but that is only because he spends a lot of time on his knees trying to influence those factors in his direction. Carry on.

buoldtimer
01-13-2011, 02:54 PM
First D-I hockey games ever played in the state of Tennessee.

If you stopped 100 persons on their way into the arena (assuming at least 100 persons attend these games), how many persons would know where Merrimack College was located? And let's make it easy on them - just the state.

Senna
01-13-2011, 04:22 PM
Parker doesn't control the weather, the government does. I know this because I read it on the internets:

http://www.cuttingedge.org/news/n1694.cfm

I am genuinely frightened by what I just read on this link...not by the content, but because someone actually believes this to be true.

slurpees
01-13-2011, 05:44 PM

A great argument would seem to be Lowell fans, who believe Jack Parker controls the universe, and whoever these Merrimack fans are that think they could defeat the 1992 Olympic Dream Team.