Denver at Mankato 1/14-15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver at Mankato 1/14-15

Mavs have been getting good results, Denver IS good. We'll get a better idea what kind of team we have here in Mankato.
    My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Re: Denver at Mankato 1/14-15

DU travelling to the "House of Horrors". Everyone is available except Jesse (out for season) for this series. On the DU side, no TV or webcasts this weekend only local radio and audiocasts with Jay. With Wrenn having left the team for the WHL, I would expect 12 forwards and 6 d-men to dress. Wouldn't surprise me to see Murray and Brittain split the goaltending in this series.
    DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Denver swept Mankato at the "House" last year. Hopefully we can do it again!
      GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
        Denver swept Mankato at the "House" last year. Hopefully we can do it again!
        Maybe we should tell our Mankato brethren why we call it "The House of Horrors" It's nothing personal!
        "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
        Tom Serratore

Comment

Does it have something to do with a certain come back a few years ago??
          We don't take much personal, especially from Denver fans as you guys seem to be realistic and un abusive, unlike other some other WCHA fanbases. Hopefully the Mavs can grind out a point or 2. They should be playing with some confidence and remember how the Pios embarrased them earlier in the year. Will the students be back from break? That should help the atmosphere in the HOH.

Comment

Originally posted by crossjcek View Post
            Does it have something to do with a certain come back a few years ago??
            We don't take much personal, especially from Denver fans as you guys seem to be realistic and un abusive, unlike other some other WCHA fanbases. Hopefully the Mavs can grind out a point or 2. They should be playing with some confidence and remember how the Pios embarrased them earlier in the year. Will the students be back from break? That should help the atmosphere in the HOH.
            I'm gonna need some help here, but yes, it started with that come back but was followed by many injuries to key players, Bozak comes to mind.
            "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
            Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by crossjcek View Post
              Will the students be back from break? That should help the atmosphere in the HOH.
              Yes; today is the first day of classes for the "spring" semester.
              My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
                I'm gonna need some help here, but yes, it started with that come back but was followed by many injuries to key players, Bozak comes to mind.
                Also Ruegsegger

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

Comment

Wasn't there a game a few years back in which Denver lost a 5 or 6 goal lead and lost 9-7 or something?
                  'If a man wants to eat fried chicken, he's gotta get greasy.' - Kenny Rogers

Fighting Sioux Hockey: Highest NCAA Playoff Winning Percentage

There's no more pompous group of sports fans in the Twin Cities than hardcore followers of Gophers men's hockey. That makes it quite entertaining to see them in full pout after an unexpected elimination from the NCAA tournament. - Reusse

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Rane View Post
                    Wasn't there a game a few years back in which Denver lost a 5 or 6 goal lead and lost 9-7 or something?
                    Worst night in DU's modern era. December 2003. DU led MUSM 7-1. Then DU Defensemen started dropping like flies to injuries and ejections, until the Pioneers were down to only 2 recruited d-men.

The Pios lost 8-7. Gwoz was not on the bench for that game either - he was at Keith Magnuson's funeral.

Comment

My absolute worst/best game I have ever been to! I almost left after the first period!!

I am very optimistic about this team(Mavs), they are beating teams that they are supposed to and having a decent shot at beating REALLY good teams. Having multiple 2 goal leads against UND. Sweeping the Gophers. Going to my first game of the year. I always seemed to make it to a DU game.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Clark Fan Club View Post
                        My absolute worst/best game I have ever been to! I almost left after the first period!!

I am very optimistic about this team(Mavs), they are beating teams that they are supposed to and having a decent shot at beating REALLY good teams. Having multiple 2 goal leads against UND. Sweeping the Gophers. Going to my first game of the year. I always seemed to make it to a DU game.

You and about half the crowd considered leaving after the first period. I believe it was over winter break so the student section was almost empty anyway. My buddy and I were 2 of about 30 people left in our side of the student section.

I'm starting to get a little more optimistic about this team. They are finally showing some consistence on the defensive end rather than giving up 1-2 odd man rushes per period and they're making the plays they should make. I'm excited for these games.
                        Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Mike Chambers in the Denver Post indicates that Beau Bennett is questionable for this weekend's series. He has missed the last 5 games with a knee injury.

Comment

Obviously, Bennett's injury is more serious than they thought, as he's had it for a month now.

Let's hope he can get back this season at some point, but right now, this is appears to be another Bozak situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                              Worst night in DU's modern era. December 2003. DU led MUSM 7-1. Then DU Defensemen started dropping like flies to injuries and ejections, until the Pioneers were down to only 2 recruited d-men.

The Pios lost 8-7. Gwoz was not on the bench for that game either - he was at Keith Magnuson's funeral.
                              November 6th 2010 was a pretty bad night too...
                              Originally posted by vizoroo
                              Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                              Originally posted by duper
                              I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                              Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                              Originally posted by dggoddard
                              Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X