Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota at North Dakota - Get Your Riot Gear

Originally posted by ItalianSioux View Post
    I hope all the saints and angels over on GPL don't see this post, it would shatter their perception of their fan base.... Then again if there is one thing that place proves it is that cognitive dissonance is alive and well.

Sioux by 70. Give or take.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post
      Have the gophers swept anyone lately, other than the U18 team?

The 6th and final spot for WCHA home ice is up for grabs this weekend. I could see Wisconsin and maybe even UAA, Mankato, and Bemidji picking up some points on the gophers this weekend.

If UND , Wisconsin, and Mankato all sweep, UND would have a 6 point lead in the standings, and the gophers would be in a tie with Mankato for 7th place.

Sioux sweep! Badgers sweep! Maverics sweep!
      Go Sioux!!!!
      I said a split, and if they played to their ability they could sweep any team thats all I said. There is no way the Gophers get more than 2 points this weekend, if that!

Comment

Nice article over on GPL. http://www.gopherpucklive.com/forum/...p?f=27&t=10432 Nice article if you are a Sioux fan that is.

Article gives Gopher readers a clear impression that North Dakota has a wealth of competative advantages coming into this series.

However, the title of article "Gophers, Sioux Set To Renew Rivalry" seems a bit misleading. Yes as the article explains, the Sioux do in fact seem ready? But the article seemingly fails to mention if the Gophers are ready to play the Sioux.

Ready or not let the games begin!!!
        Last edited by SoCalSiouxFan; 01-12-2011, 05:07 PM.
        "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by Gophernation View Post
          The gopher could sweep if they actually played to there ability, they are hands down one of the most talented teams in all of college hockey. The Coach just needs to figure out how to get it out of them and they could sweep anyone, any weekend!!!!!
          What are you basing this statement on? I think you’re confusing draft rank with talent. There are very few if any Gopher players that I would take from your team and trade them with the players on the Fighting Sioux. When Jason Gregiore is healthy, I don't know of a forward on the Gophers that is as good of a two way forward as him. Your defense is weak physically and I wouldn’t trade any of the Gopher defenseman with the Sioux defenders... I don’t know of a players in your defensive corps that Mirrors Chay Genoway. Lastly, I will take the Pony Express over any line the Gophers currently have.
          Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
          Eric's Twitter
          The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
            All respect will be gone come Friday trust me... in fact F the Sue and the trailer's they live in!
            Your mother must be proud, none of the friends that I know live in a trailer.
            Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
            Eric's Twitter
            The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

http://www.gophersports.com/ViewArti...CLID=205075864

It's official. Kangas to have surgery Friday.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
              "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                There are very few if any Gopher players that I would take from your team and trade them with the players on the Fighting Sioux.
                Why would you UND only recruits Canadians.

Friday's game will be the first time in a long time that I would rather watch the Wild than the UND vs. MN game. I guess I don't care as much anymore.
                Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                  Why would you UND only recruits Canadians.

Friday's game will be the first time in a long time that I would rather watch the Wild than the UND vs. MN game. I guess I don't care as much anymore.
                  Don't slip to the bandwagon zone. I guess that happens when you have a poor team.

Comment

Originally posted by ItalianSioux View Post
                    I hope all the saints and angels over on GPL don't see this post, it would shatter their perception of their fan base.... Then again if there is one thing that place proves it is that cognitive dissonance is alive and well.
                    True. Just trying to light a fire under some arses around here, after all this is the Gophers and Sioux playing. And yes I 'm aware we aren't exactly going into the series striking fear into the opponent but with a hot goalie and a few bounces you never know.

Go Gophers!

Comment

• Re: Minnesota at North Dakota - Get Your Riot Gear

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                      What are you basing this statement on? I think you’re confusing draft rank with talent. There are very few if any Gopher players that I would take from your team and trade them with the players on the Fighting Sioux. When Jason Gregiore is healthy, I don't know of a forward on the Gophers that is as good of a two way forward as him. Your defense is weak physically and I wouldn’t trade any of the Gopher defenseman with the Sioux defenders... I don’t know of a players in your defensive corps that Mirrors Chay Genoway. Lastly, I will take the Pony Express over any line the Gophers currently have.
                      Thats because your coaches have the SUE players buying into there system, you can have all the talent in the world and not be a good team! Your coach has to get that out of his players, the idea is to motivate and get the players a plan to follow to be successful.

Hakstool and his coaching staff do a good job getting their players ready to play, where as Lucia and his staff do not!

Team Canada does have some great players i will give you that, but the Gophers do to! I would probably trade a few but i think they got some pieces build on.

Comment

Originally posted by dolan View Post
                        Don't slip to the bandwagon zone. I guess that happens when you have a poor team.
                        Bandwagon? Never but there are plenty of people who have jumped off the cliff.
                        Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                        dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                        wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

The incredible value of an education from the University of Minnesota is on display here:

Originally posted by Gophernation View Post
                          Thats because your coaches have the SUE players buying into there system, you can have all the talent in the world and not be a good team! Your coach has to get that out of his players, the idea is to motivate and get the players a plan to follow to be successful.

Hakstool and his coaching staff do a good job getting their players ready to play, where as Lucia and his staff do not!

Team Canada does have some great players i will give you that, but the Gophers do to! I would probably trade a few but i think they got some pieces build on.
                          I count at least a dozen obvious typos (excluding the insults). Brilliant.
                          Last edited by Farce Poobah; 01-12-2011, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                            Bandwagon? Never but there are plenty of people who have jumped off the cliff.
                            The bandwagon drove off the cliff though, didn't it? So they people had to jump.
                            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Farce Poobah View Post
                              The incredible value of an education from the University of Minnesota is on display here:

I count at least a dozen obvious typos (excluding the insults). Brilliant.
                              counter with a Sioux fan who joined GopherPuckLive:

kooshnitz wrote:
                              lol. Keep talking, were sitting on top of the WCHA, the gophers are not even in the top 15-20 teams in the nation. Plus they dont have a easy 2nd half schedule. After North Dakota, UMD, Denver, Wisconsin, they will be lucky to be breathing. I'm not even going to bring it up but this has got to be the gayess video I have ever seen? Its a disgrace to Minnesota hockey and gophers. Growing up in MN and living in MN most of my life I'm ashamed. I know feel dumber after watching that video.
                              Just saying.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                counter with a Sioux fan who joined GopherPuckLive:

Just saying.
                                I didn't realize Goon was posting on GPL.
                                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                                X