• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yale: Cheating their way to #1?

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
    New movie title

"It's always Sunny in North Dakota"
    Even at night. That's why Corey Hart is the official musician of the state.
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
      Even at night. That's why Corey Hart is the official musician of the state.
      "Never Surrender" would work better for hockey though
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

Backstory from Klump of CHN

BTW this was "news" in November

November 15, 2010

Happy Returns for Yale's Cahill

by Jason Klump/CHN Writer

Chris Cahill would have been part of the most heralded senior class in the history of Yale hockey last season. He was once the third member of an all-freshmen top line that also featured Sean Backman and Mark Arcobello.

Then, instead of returning for his senior year with the rest of his class, Cahill unexpectedly decided to leave Yale.

"I took a year off for personal reasons and I'll leave last year at that," the 23-year old said.

Yale coach Keith Allain did at least indicate that Cahill was always expected to return this season.

"We knew that Chris would be back and that he would be motivated to contribute in any way possible," he said. "He was an important part of our plans all along."

The North Andover, Mass., product, who had played both at the Phillips Academy and with the USNTDP, finished fourth on the team in points (17) and third in goals (8) behind the two of them as a freshman, when four of the top five scorers on the team were newcomers.

Despite scoring 17 points again as a sophomore, Cahill fell to sixth overall on the team with the addition of Denny Kearney and Broc Little.

But his production fell off heavily as a junior in 2008-09 after he sat out much of November with an early-season injury. He scored only twice, once in the first game of the season and then not again until he notched the Bulldogs' lone goal in their NCAA tourney opener loss to Vermont.

Now back after a one-year hiatus during which he dis-enrolled from school and moved to the Champagne region of France, Cahill thrust himself back into the discussion of the nation's most prolific offense with a five-point weekend against rivals Princeton and Quinnipiac to start the ECAC slate last weekend. That included just his second ever two-goal collegiate game on Friday against the Tigers, with the previous instance happening over three calendar years ago and involving an ENG.

"It was nice to get two wins to start our league season off," Cahill said. "Coach Allain has stressed over the years that with team success comes individual success. I had a good weekend points-wise, but the most important thing was that were successful as a team."

He continued with his offensive contributions this past weekend, scoring his third goal against Colorado College and his fourth assist at Air Force during the Bulldogs' trip to Colorado Springs. Thus, he has already equaled his total production during all of his junior year after only six games and is well ahead of pace to set a career high.

While Cahill may have put his Ivy League degree on hold for a year, he was not doing so with his hockey career. He spent much of last winter playing for Les Phenix of Reims, a club team that participates at the Division I level, the second-highest, in the French Hockey Federation.

Cahill certainly regained his scoring touch there as he netted 13 goals and added as many helpers in 18 games over a four month stretch from October to February. He was fifth on the team and in the top 20 percent of the league in scoring despite playing less than three-quarters of the regular season and departing the team before the playoffs, in which 4th-place Reims bowed out in the semifinals to the eventual champions.

On the loss of his old classmates, who Yale coach Keith Allain has repeatedly referred to as "the leaders of the turnaround of Yale hockey," Cahill said, "Its been different not having those guys around. But their work ethic and confidence remains in our team culture.

"I wouldn't trade graduating with the guys that I came in with for the opportunity to go after a national championship this year," he continued, "especially after the experience the team gained last year."

Cahill has stepped right back on to one of the Elis' two top lines, where he is experiencing the benefits of that gained experience by playing with Brian O'Neill and Andrew Miller, who came of age and blossomed into lethal scoring threats in his absence.

"It's fun playing with O'Neill and Miller — they are great players," he said. "Like our team as a whole, they are very unselfish and it is easy to play with them. I'm looking forward to gaining more experience playing with them and then seeing what kind of damage we can do together."
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Yalewhaler View Post
          This speculation is just other coaches basically being trash.

What team does Julie Robenhymer coach?
          Originally posted by Hokydad
          Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Yale hockey: We can read better than you (except the rulebook).
            Originally posted by reBlur
            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
              North Dakota fans calling out another team for not running a clean program? How ironic....
              Please elaborate for us.
              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

New Haven Register Reporter Chip Malafronte reported on Sullivan's site. http://twitter.com/SullivanHockey

"I'm told a recent report regarding the eligibility of Yale's Chris Cahill is false. He has been cleared by the NCAA. "
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                  Whotheeff is Robert Morris and why do you guys let them create drama for the almighty NoDak?
                  Robert Morris is a team that would be a "signature win" for Yale given their schedule this year.

It certainly looks like this whole deal has been blown out of proportion. It seems that some of the other coaches in ECAC got wind of what happened and filed a complaint. The NCAA took a look and said all is well. Move on.

Nice wins by Yale this weekend.
                  North Dakota
                  National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                    What team does Julie Robenhymer coach?
                    She's on Team Eklund.
                    Originally posted by dicaslover
                    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                      But its perfectly okay for US college players to play with and against NHL-experienced, signed pros in the World Junior tourney, and be coached by Yale's coach in the process....
                      Just curious, who were the NHL experienced players in the WJC this year?

Comment

Brayden Schnenn and Robin Lehner both played in the NHL this year. I'm sure there are others too.
                        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          Just curious, who were the NHL experienced players in the WJC this year?
                          Both Jeremy Morin and Nick Leddy of USA have had extended stays with the Blackhawks this year.

Comment

Kyle Palmeiri has played with the Anaheim Ducks, Nino Neiderreiter with the Islanders and Jared Cowen with the Senators in addition to those already mentioned. Also, college players play with "pros" during summer evaluation camps all the time. Not sure where that falls in with ncaa rules.
                            "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Yale*

What a surprise.
                              Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                                Well that's just a tragedy right there. How will the Bullpuppies be exposed as frauds now?
                                No, simply exposed as one of the schools in the league that wrote and writes all the rules.....
                                -------------
                                Yale University 2013 National Champs

Comment

Working...
                                X