BU @ UVM 1/9 - Sunday Night Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BU @ UVM 1/9 - Sunday Night Hockey

I think it's safe to say there won't be quite as much excitement surrounding this game as there has been when these teams have met in the previous 2+ seasons. BU is 1-4-1 in its last 6, most recently finishing last in the Shillelagh Tournament after getting spanked by Brown and tying Notre Dame (then losing in the meaningless shootout). UVM has been awful all year, but is 2-2-0 in its last 4, so maybe things are starting to look up (probably not if you read the UVM season thread, though). Lastly, I'm guessing the student crowd will be sparse since they're still on break. All that said, it's still exciting to return to conference play after a long break.
    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Re: BU @ UVM 1/9 - Sunday Night Hockey

And BU doesn't play well against UVM when they are good. This could get ugly.

Will Charlie be back?

BU Hockey: Stop the Bleeding
    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
      Will Charlie be back?
      Yes. Chiasson is also expected to be back, although I won't find out for sure until either tomorrow or Friday.
      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Any insight as to why this game was moved to a Sunday? Wasn't it initially a Saturday game when the schedule first came out?

It is definatley worse from a "I was going to drive up to Burlington to go to the game" perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
          Any insight as to why this game was moved to a Sunday? Wasn't it initially a Saturday game when the schedule first came out?

It is definatley worse from a "I was going to drive up to Burlington to go to the game" perspective.
          I'm guessing it had something to do with CBS College Sports. Probably had to move it to Sunday to get it on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
            I'm guessing it had something to do with CBS College Sports. Probably had to move it to Sunday to get it on TV.
            Perfect, put two teams playing horribly on TV.... they should have put up a re-run and played the game on Friday night.

Prediction :

Vermont helps right BU's ship since they can't correct their own. BU 4 UVM 1
            Originally posted by Hokydad
            Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Vermont's snake bitten ways are even carrying onto alumni as Stalberg Sr. hits all three pipes and still doesn't score

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...id=35&id=90914

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                Vermont's snake bitten ways are even carrying onto alumni as Stalberg Sr. hits all three pipes and still doesn't score

That is unbelievable.
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post

That is impressive!

For what its worth... I'm predicting BU rights the ship a bit this weekend... BU 3 UVM 2

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                    That is impressive!

For what its worth... I'm predicting BU rights the ship a bit this weekend... BU 3 UVM 2
                    against a 3-10 team, we'd dam well better right the ship.
                    time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                      against a 3-10 team, we'd dam well better right the ship.
                      But at least they are 2-2-1 vs Boston teams.

Might be the only semi-positive stat we have.
                      New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
                        But at least they are 2-2-1 vs Boston teams.

Might be the only semi-positive stat we have.
                        LOL nice way to find the positive in it all...

Hey, we beat the other "Boston" team

Comment

For anyone not going, we'll be live blogging.

Comment

Working...
                          X