Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

November 14, 1998: A Day That Lives In Infancy...Tech @ St. Cloud, January 7/8, 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November 14, 1998: A Day That Lives In Infancy...Tech @ St. Cloud, January 7/8, 2011

Tech is riding a 13 game losing streak and hasn't won at the NHC since the above date; more than 12 years. What's another year, right hockey gods?

St. Cloud, expected to contend, is having a subpar year surpassed only by the complete ineptitude of Michigan Tech.

[overused joke] Huskies sweep [/overused joke]

Re: November 14, 1998: A Day That Lives In Infancy...Tech @ St. Cloud, January 7/8, 2

Battles for the Bottle: If we sweep, MTU fans have to drink heavily for blowing their best chance to get a win in the NHC in quite some time. If we don't sweep... God help our fans and all the alcohol we will pour down our throats that night.

Curious to know who the MTUers are that'll be in attendance... seeing if I can make it for Friday, should for sure be in for Saturday. Wondering where everybody will be before and after the games.
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Re: November 14, 1998: A Day That Lives In Infancy...Tech @ St. Cloud, January 7/8, 2

I will not be in attendance. Mr. wore Black will be up in the area and might go, but I doubt it. Either way, I will be there in spirit heavily drinking at home.
      Originally posted by Skeeterman
      Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
      "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Well, you won your holiday tourney, now you're headed home. No reason for me not to expect a St. Cloud sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
          Battles for the Bottle: If we sweep, MTU fans have to drink heavily for blowing their best chance to get a win in the NHC in quite some time. If we don't sweep... God help our fans and all the alcohol we will pour down our throats that night.

Curious to know who the MTUers are that'll be in attendance... seeing if I can make it for Friday, should for sure be in for Saturday. Wondering where everybody will be before and after the games.
          Doesn't sound like too many that I know will be there.

I will be there Friday. Excited for some Buffaloes and Vals. Only redeaming quality of St, Clooud.
          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

I may be there on Sat.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Actually I think Tech has a chance of winning, ...
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                Back-to-back-to-back WCHA Chumpionships! We can do this!

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Back-to-back-to-back WCHA Chumpionships! We can do this!
                  Tragic number is down to 29 points!
                  Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

The Tech Huskies are the Detroit Lions of the WCHA. A Friday win in St, Clooud on January 7, 2011 starts the recovery. It will be a split, but still.
                    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                      I did, until the CC series.

And apparently, I will be there on Sat, along with some other USCHOers TBD.

Mmmm Val's fries........
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        Mmmm Val's fries........
                        If I were going...I wouldn't let the wind blow the bag over this time...and I would get the large. Why? It would likely be the only good part of the trip. To drink enough to forget Tech games, I'd have to become a full-fledged alcoholic, and I don't see that happening. Switching to smack is a possibility though. (j/k )

Comment

St Cloud fans, are you expecting a full house?
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Some interesting rumors in Central Minnesota regarding the possibility of some St. Cloud player issues

Comment

Originally posted by wchaforever View Post
                              Some interesting rumors in Central Minnesota regarding the possibility of some St. Cloud player issues
                              Do tell. Are some players unhappy with the season there?
                              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                              X