NMU Visits DU: Who <3's Ice Cream???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NMU Visits DU: Who <3's Ice Cream???

Yet again NMU visits Ski Country during the Holidays, and yet again I am denied going

Anyways, NMU has been spent the year improving, but still has some work to do... Not really sure what we'll see with the holiday break... Did DU lose anyone to the WJC team?
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Re: NMU Visits DU: Who <3's Ice Cream???

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    Yet again NMU visits Ski Country during the Holidays, and yet again I am denied going

Anyways, NMU has been spent the year improving, but still has some work to do... Not really sure what we'll see with the holiday break... Did DU lose anyone to the WJC team?
    DU will be without it's two top offensive players who are at the WJCs playing for Team USA- DU's top point man in Drew Shore, and top goalscorer in Jason Zucker. These are big losses for a young DU team who has leaned on these two players all season.

I think without these two gamebreakers, DU is decent but far less dynamic team.

Comment

DU players returned to campus on Dec. 26 and presumably are practicing as we speak.

Should be a light crowd over the New Years weekend.

Comment

Gwoz has been shuffling centers since Nick Shore broke his wrist in Vermont. Then Jesse Martin's injury and now Drew Shore at the WJC. That leaves Nick as the #1 center and after that ....? Kyle Ostrow, Nate Dewhurst, Anthony Maiani, Dan Olszewski ? Should be some interesting line combinations this weekend.
        GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
          Gwoz has been shuffling centers since Nick Shore broke his wrist in Vermont. Then Jesse Martin's injury and now Drew Shore at the WJC. That leaves Nick as the #1 center and after that ....? Kyle Ostrow, Nate Dewhurst, Anthony Maiani, Dan Olszewski ? Should be some interesting line combinations this weekend.
          Time to Unleash 'The Mermis.'

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
            Time to Unleash 'The Mermis.'
            I love it when we unleash The Mermis! You can't stop him; you can only hope to contain him!
            DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
            sigpic
            WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

No stealing! That's OUR inside joke with DU!
              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

Lets Go Cats!!

Also to note, the New Years Eve game is on Fox Sports Rocky Mount or Fox Sports Pacific. Channel 161 for those with the Charter Sports Pack. Also, Bars in Marquette have this channel.
                Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                2006-2007: 15-24-2
                2007-2008: 20-20-4
                2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Just listened to Gwoz's press conference and Bacher asked a question about DU missing Shore, Zucker and possibly Bennett this upcoming weekend. While Gwoz didn't say Bennett will be out, Bacher's questions seemed to infer that he probably won't be playing. Gwoz mentioned that they haven't finalized any lines for this coming weekend and said Dewhurst will be asked to expand his role and that everyone on the team will get a chance to contribute this weekend.
                  DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Take Bennett, Zucker and Shore out of the lineup, and DU is very hampered offensively, especially if Gwoz is talking up Dewhurst, whose DU production remains tiny.

The Boys had better hope Sam Brittain brings his A game - these are important PWR points at stake.

Comment

Anyone have the over/under for points by The Mermis in this series?
                      DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
                      sigpic
                      WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                        Just listened to Gwoz's press conference and Bacher asked a question about DU missing Shore, Zucker and possibly Bennett this upcoming weekend. While Gwoz didn't say Bennett will be out, Bacher's questions seemed to infer that he probably won't be playing. Gwoz mentioned that they haven't finalized any lines for this coming weekend and said Dewhurst will be asked to expand his role and that everyone on the team will get a chance to contribute this weekend.
                        Here we go with Bennett. Its Bozak all over again. A supposedly "minor" knee injury that is far more serious than initially reported.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                          No stealing! That's OUR inside joke with DU!
                          IDK... I just saw that there was no thread and the only witty thing I knew about DU at 7am was Ice Cream... Cut me some slack
                          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

anyone driving through Omaha (aka ArOmaha) and need a brief stopping point? Fess up here, and you might have a place for a hot shower and pint of beer.

Comment

Wow, the board has been quiet for NMU this year!

It's kind of surprising with a decent first half of the season from a very young team that more people haven't been on here floating optimism towards the season and our chances at a second straight tourney appearance. (I typically read posts a couple times a week, but rarely say much.)

I feel like this may be the weekend that decides whether we make the tourney or not, at least from an at-large bid standpoint.

GO CATS!
                              Wildcat Hockey!

B.S. NMU 11'
                              M.B.A. Marquette University 13'

Comment

Working...
                              X