Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Everyone.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    are you new here?!?
    Do you remember who was the last team to beat you guys the last two times you won the national title? Yeah, that's right. NU.
    Originally posted by Bakunin
    Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

• Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

Originally posted by Chickens@NU View Post
      Do you remember who was the last team to beat you guys the last two times you won the national title? Yeah, that's right. NU.
      Mookie is a BU fan, but yeh...

Comment

• Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        Call me crazy, but I feel better about this team even after a loss than I did after last night.

They played a disciplined game, stayed out of the box, and played better team defense. We know this team can and will score. Just one of those nights.

Some people might overreact and look at the standings and now see BC in 3rd place, but really, BC is in about the same position they were last season. Not to mention BC gets UMass next weekend whereas UNH gets Northeastern and Merrimack has to go to Alfond for two. No worries on my part at the moment.
        call the two of us crazy then, i totally agree

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
          call the two of us crazy then, i totally agree
          I do, too. There are such things as 'character-building' losses, and this might have been one of them. I don't know if the ratio is right, but would a sweep versus UNH negate the loss last night (considering a sweep versus Mass beforehand)?
          Chris V
          Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
            I do, too. There are such things as 'character-building' losses, and this might have been one of them. I don't know if the ratio is right, but would a sweep versus UNH negate the loss last night (considering a sweep versus Mass beforehand)?
            well, if we sweep UNH we pass 'em (assuming we sweep next week but you can't assume anything in HE, look how tough UMass played Mack) but Merrimack wins it if they win out. more importantly is to be playing well defensively and staying out of the box as J.D. said above. if we are doing that i'll be fine being the third seed because it really doesn't matter when the tourney starts. if this team is playing well then, we will be fine

Comment

The Eagles played pretty well last night in the loss. Best all around game I've seen in a while.

Now I'm starting to see Kenny's logic.
              Play like crap... win or tie.
              Play well... lose.

We gotta go back to playing like crap.
              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Perspective. They are 13-2-1 since Dec 1, including two hard-fought OT wins in the Beanpot, showing they can get it done while in tournament mode. It is probably a good thing to have a reality check around this time. Last season they lost to NU 2/19/10, and didn't lose again. It's one loss in an otherwise outstanding season; we have no reason to doubt the team and the coaching staff won't be ready when the time comes to turn it on.
                Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Wah wah wah. Still need to start clearing space for this yrs NC trophy! Maybe a wall or corner for a "BaCk 2 BaCk" montauge.

"oh no... We gave up 7 goals and only got one pt....".

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    Wah wah wah. Still need to start clearing space for this yrs NC trophy! Maybe a wall or corner for a "BaCk 2 BaCk" montauge.

"oh no... We gave up 7 goals and only got one pt....".

and speaking of whining, y'all got a thread devoted to it over there and are sitting at 16-9-7 with a young team playing very well

Comment

"That was a hockey game," BC coach Jerry York said after the game. "The last two games were shinny (pickup pond hockey). I feel very good about how we played tonight. Our game was way better than how we played in the Beanpot game and in Friday's game."

Comment

"That was a hockey game," BC coach Jerry York said after the game. "The last two games were shinny (pickup pond hockey). I feel very good about how we played tonight. Our game was way better than how we played in the Beanpot game and in Friday's game."
                        if He says so, i'm thrilled and lets start putting the foot to the pedal now

Comment

Agree with all y'all on the perspective of the loss. My only advice would be to get more traffic in front of the net. Hopefully they put more emphasis on going to the net this week. Other than that, I thought they played well Saturday night too.

Tommy Cross is certainly maturing this year. He was impressive.

Comment

As of right now, a potential regional for BC in Manchester:

1. BC
                            2. Michigan
                            3. UNH
                            4. RPI

Similar to 2004...

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                              Agree with all y'all on the perspective of the loss. My only advice would be to get more traffic in front of the net. Hopefully they put more emphasis on going to the net this week. Other than that, I thought they played well Saturday night too.

Tommy Cross is certainly maturing this year. He was impressive.
                              i think he's just healthy now, for a change, we knew he was this good, no?
                              As of right now, a potential regional for BC in Manchester:

1. BC
                              2. Michigan
                              3. UNH
                              4. RPI

Similar to 2004...
                              sign me up for that now , what a regional that would be.........

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                                i think he's just healthy now, for a change, we knew he was this good, no?
                                Absolutely. When he was healthy in prior seasons he was also showing these flashes of great play.
                                Originally posted by reBlur
                                the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Working...
                                X