Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLI 2010 - Or - Battle of the Endangered Coaches

Except for Red, of course.

We may not see this group again, so take a picture while you can.

Re: GLI 2010 - Or - Battle of the Endangered Coaches

Red's endangered only because Florida is calling his name.

Otherwise, spoken like a Tech fan, with a hint less bitterness.
    Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
    I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
    Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
      Red's endangered only because Florida is calling his name.

Otherwise, spoken like a Tech fan, with a hint less bitterness.
      Oh you'll you'll get a dose of bitterness if Jamie and Scott go and Rick stays.

Comment

You could have said that about 2008 GLI too.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Wasn't it 3.5 years ago that State won a national title? Do Spartan fans really have any reason to be that bitter? The football team is back from the dead, the basketball team is an annual contender, and the hockey program (save for 08/09 when they were injured a lot) has been competitive, even if they aren't winning hardware every season. Am I missing something? Has Comley whizzed in too many people's Cheerios?

EDIT: As for this year's opening round, I'm gonna go with the score of the UM/Tech game being 6-1 or 7-1 Michigan.
          Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 12-21-2010, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Wasn't it 3.5 years ago that State won a national title? Do Spartan fans really have any reason to be that bitter? The football team is back from the dead, the basketball team is an annual contender, and the hockey program (save for 08/09 when they were injured a lot) has been competitive, even if they aren't winning hardware every season. Am I missing something? Has Comley whizzed in too many people's Cheerios?

EDIT: As for this year's opening round, I'm gonna go with the score of the UM/Tech game being 6-1 or 7-1 Michigan.
            Comley in 2002: "The goal every year should be to win 30 games".
            Comley in 2010: "This team can play with anyone"
            Comley in 2010 (two weeks, three weeks, four weeks ... later) "What we have is a work in progress".

Code:
                GP  W   L   T  SW Pts. GF GA     W   L   T  GF GA  
            1  Notre Dame  14 9 4 1 1 29 51 38   11 6 2 68 55 
            2  Michigan  13 9 3 1 0 28 43 26   10 5 4 63 45 
            3  Miami  14 8 4 2 1 27 53 28   10 5 3 69 41 
            4  Alaska  14 6 5 3 2 23 34 33   9 6 3 44 40 
               Northern Michigan  14 7 5 2 0 23 33 38   9 8 3 52 54 
               Ferris State  15 6 6 3 2 23 31 31   9 7 3 44 38 
            7  Ohio State  12 5 6 1 1 17 31 35   8 8 1 50 44 
               Western Michigan  12 4 5 3 2 17 31 34   10 6 4 52 49 
               Lake Superior  14 4 7 3 2 17 29 39   6 10 4 48 64 
            10  Michigan State  12 3 8 1 0 10 23 34   6 9 3 42 51 
            11  Bowling Green  14 2 10 2 0 8 24 47   6 12 2 43 61
            Sorry, guess I was spoiled by Mason.

Comment

As for this year's opening round, I'm gonna go with the score of the UM/Tech game being 6-1 or 7-1 Michigan.
              I don't know if Michigan can score 6 on anyone. But before the Big Chill, I would not have thought we could put up 5 on anybody, either.

I think Comley is safe for a while, FTR.
              Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

I have a solution to this problem. The non-winners at the GLI (so, basically, everyone but Michigan) will have a drawing. Three pieces of paper will go into a hat, one with the name of Russell, one with Owens, one with Comely. The ADs from CC, MTU, and MSU will each get a turn to draw a name out of the hat. That coach is now the head coach at that school, and there is only a 33% chance that you will end up with the coach you have now going into the second half. Nobody really loses out, since you have two successful college hockey coaches and one coach who at one point had major coaching potential as an assistant at a Frozen Four school.

Does this mean that I would trade Russell for Owens or Comely? Well, that is one question that I will not answer here :P
                Philbert
                ---------------
                Michigan Tech Hockey: _______?.

Formerly, and soon to be again, retired member of The Huskies Pep Band.
                GO HUSKIES, I am still waiting for Tech to win it all!

Comment

CC is playing well as of late however. That certainly bodes well for Scotty Owens.
                  tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Well, his last two and a half years he's got an 11th place finish, a 2nd place finish with a two game sweep in the playoffs at the hands of Michigan that kept them out of the NCAA's and he's in 10th this year at the halfway point. Not what Spartan fans are used to.

A Big 10 school that takes hockey seriously (read: not Ohio State in recent years) should be at least a tournament team once in three years. Comley's a few losses away from just that.
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHatTrick84 View Post
                      I have a solution to this problem. The non-winners at the GLI (so, basically, everyone but Michigan) will have a drawing. Three pieces of paper will go into a hat, one with the name of Russell, one with Owens, one with Comely. The ADs from CC, MTU, and MSU will each get a turn to draw a name out of the hat. That coach is now the head coach at that school, and there is only a 33% chance that you will end up with the coach you have now going into the second half. Nobody really loses out, since you have two successful college hockey coaches and one coach who at one point had major coaching potential as an assistant at a Frozen Four school.

Does this mean that I would trade Russell for Owens or Comely? Well, that is one question that I will not answer here :P
                      I LOL'd at the thought of a former NMU coach landing at Tech.
                      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by bluevox View Post
                        I don't know if Michigan can score 6 on anyone.
                        If they can score six on anyone, it's us. Don't forget, last year's Spartan team got to double digits! *****http://planetsmilies.net/vomit-smiley-31.gif******

Comment

Originally posted by bluevox View Post
                          I don't know if Michigan can score 6 on anyone. But before the Big Chill, I would not have thought we could put up 5 on anybody, either.
                          Season high so far is 7 against Lake State. Scored 6 against Nebraska-Omaha and 5 at Alaska, vs Notre Dame and the Big Chill.

Comment

If we start Cramer, I'd say another double OT game

However, we will not....so final score against UofM, I say 7-2...

Comment

Originally posted by techcodemonkey View Post
                              If we start Cramer, I'd say another double OT game

However, we will not....so final score against UofM, I say 7-2...
                              Let's see...

Period 1

As determined by the outcome of a Rock-Paper-Scissors contest (since it really doesn't matter), Genoe will start. Just like his idol Patrick Roy, the Curse of Game 7 will cause him to knock the puck into his own net to open the scoring for the Wolverines. Less than two minutes later, he'll give up a laugher from center ice to make it 2-0. He'll get the hook and Robinson will come in, only to find out that the team has already quit and promptly hangs him out to dry on the next U of M powerplay to make it 3-0 before he even has a chance to make one save. He also quits. Michigan pretends to let us back into the game when they give us a late powerplay and Seigo snipes one from the blueline. The horn sounds on the first period, and I rush off to purchase my second Molson of the night.

Period 2

*indecipherable beer-induced expletives*

The horn sounds, and it's 7-1 Wolverines. Time for a third Molson.

Period 3

Red calls off the troops. Nevertheless, Robinson demonstrates his own scoring touch when he fires a slapshot down the ice, watches it careen around the boards, back down to his end, and he gets back in net just in time to let it go five-hole. I don the paper bag, and MeanEgirl kicks me in the shins.

8-1 Final

I am later sighted in an alley behind the Lafayette Coney Island, smoking the finest Detroit crack I could lay my hands on, and howling at the moon.

This has been another episode of Completely Baseless Scoring Predictions, © Twitch Boy, used with implied permission.

Comment

Working...
                              X