Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GLI 2010 - Or - Battle of the Endangered Coaches

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    CC is playing well as of late however. That certainly bodes well for Scotty Owens.
    Very few people in Colorado Springs feel Scotty is on the hot seat, I certainly do not. Keep in mind CC has 16 of 26 players either a sophomore or freshman this season with only four seniors on the team. The team has plenty of talent, just young. However, my sources are telling me Scotty will retire sooner then many expect him to. The Big 10 hockey conference may play a part in his decision process.

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
    most likely : CC beats MSU
    MI beats Tech
    MI beats CC
    Agree!
    World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

I'm sad about missing the GLI this year. Along with many people, I believe it's Michigan's to lose. Of course, I won't be too surprised if that happens.

As long as Michigan beats Tech, then I have a chance of making it to the championship game, depending what time I leave Maryland.
      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
      7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

CC and Joe Howe could spoil it for U of M. However, if MSU plays physical and traps well I think they could give CC's young team fits, especially in Jaden Schwartz's absence.

Tech and Michigan won't even be a contest, unless whichever sieve is starting stands on his head while balancing atop a stack of pucks, calculating the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow, and getting hacked by the spirit of Freddy Meyer.

30 years and counting, but really...who's still counting?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          CC and Joe Howe could spoil it for U of M. However, if MSU plays physical and traps well I think they could give CC's young team fits, especially in Jaden Schwartz's absence.

Tech and Michigan won't even be a contest, unless whichever sieve is starting stands on his head while balancing atop a stack of pucks, calculating the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow, and getting hacked by the spirit of Freddy Meyer.

30 years and counting, but really...who's still counting?
          It takes a certain amount of ineptitude to be able to go 30 years without winning a tournament that you play in annually, and you only need to string together two wins to get the title. You want more ineptitude, Michigan Tech has only been to the championship game three times in the last 25 years, and it only takes one win to accomplish that.

Add to the fact that Michigan almost always has players that are missing due to the WJC.

If I remember correctly, this season marks the 10 year anniversary of us beating Michigan. We beat them 7-3 that year. How the hell did that happen? http://www.uscho.com/recaps/2000/12/...un-wolverines/ and http://www.uscho.com/box/mens-hockey...michigan-tech/

The date of that game: December 29th. Exactly 10 years later, right down to the time of the faceoff.

Not that I expect that to mean anything. I am just trying to somehow build good mojo for Tech going into this thing. In the past, we have seen Tech come out and get wins that we "had no business getting". It is too bad that Red is a pretty classy guy. Hey Red, can you get quoted as saying something to the effect of Tech being an embarassment to the tournament and call us a "perennial doormat"? It seemed to work the last time someone did.

I feel like I am pulling at straws to justify why Tech can end the 11 game losing streak tomorrow. But I know it can happen. I won't predict that it will, but the scoreboard will definitely read 0-0 at the start of the game. And as a game is a self-contained series of odd events that add up to the final score, anything can happen.
          Philbert
          ---------------
          Michigan Tech Hockey: _______?.

Formerly, and soon to be again, retired member of The Huskies Pep Band.
          GO HUSKIES, I am still waiting for Tech to win it all!

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
            I'm sad about missing the GLI this year. Along with many people, I believe it's Michigan's to lose. Of course, I won't be too surprised if that happens.

As long as Michigan beats Tech, then I have a chance of making it to the championship game, depending what time I leave Maryland.
            Miss seeing you!

Comment

I hate being this way. I wish I could just admit defeat and say "ahha I told you so" when Tech gets beaten. but, as always, I have hope. not much, a little bit.
              Robostop and Genoe are both capable of standing on their heads.
              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

and how about the law of probability? the longer the losing streak the more likely we are to win. sometime. right?
                Boosh Factor 4

Comment

maybe?
                  Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Originally posted by CCtig View Post
                    Very few people in Colorado Springs feel Scotty is on the hot seat, I certainly do not. Keep in mind CC has 16 of 26 players either a sophomore or freshman this season with only four seniors on the team. The team has plenty of talent, just young. However, my sources are telling me Scotty will retire sooner then many expect him to. The Big 10 hockey conference may play a part in his decision process.
                    Sources? We don’t need no stink’in sources… Wait… yes we do.

If he doesn’t think he can compete I say “na na hey hey!”

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                    most likely : CC beats MSU
                    MI beats Tech
                    MI beats CC
                    Originally posted by CCtig View Post

Agree!
                    Really? I don’t like you or your sources… Are you ready to go the way of Scotty? If so… goodbye…
                    Originally posted by vizoroo
                    Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                    Originally posted by duper
                    I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                    Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                    Originally posted by dggoddard
                    Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ronmexico View Post
                      Sources? We don’t need no stink’in sources… Wait… yes we do.

If he doesn’t think he can compete I say “na na hey hey!”

Really? I don’t like you or your sources… Are you ready to go the way of Scotty? If so… goodbye…
                      You crack me up ronmexico! This is just for you:

Wednesday CC 6 Mich State 2
                      Thursday, CC 4 Northern Ohio State 1

Better?

Happy New Year's dude!

Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Last edited by CCtig; 12-29-2010, 08:14 PM.
                      World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

Let's Go Tech!! Huskeeeez!
                        Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Any chance Brett Olson is making an early comeback from his broken hand for the G.L.I.??
                          I have not heard a thing about the actual date he comes back.

CHN injury status for Michigan Tech
                          Jordan Baker recovering from shoulder surgery applied for medical redshirt
                          Brett Olson hand surgery out until early January
                          Bennett Royer foot out indefinitely
                          Ricky Doriott lower body

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                            Any chance Brett Olson is making an early comeback from his broken hand for the G.L.I.??
                            Unlikely - I believe the St. Lawrence series is the target for Brett's return, with an outside shot that he'll be ready to play at St. Cloud in a week and a half.

Comment

Just getting the inevitable out of the way:

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rnkOkraJXK4?fs=1&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rnkOkraJXK4?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q16KpquGsIc?fs=1&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q16KpquGsIc?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">

Comment

I woke up optimistic this morning. The sun is shining and the temperature is above freezing in Houghton, so that must mean that it is a good day. And thus, I think Tech has a chance tonight.

I would venture out and say that tonight's game is significantly more important to Michigan Tech than it is to the University of Michigan. UofM is the better team, but they play in big games all the time. The last game they played was outdoors in the largest football stadium in the country. They play at the Joe multiple times a year (GLI, against State, CCHA tournament), every year. They have gone to the NCAA tournament every season for two decades. Tech has the GLI and Winter Carnival, and that is really it.

I think the talent difference, especially with the injuries, will be too tall a task for the Huskies. But I at least think they get a chance tonight. Of course, it could be another 10-1 game if things snowball. And there-in lies the key for the Huskies, and something they have been miserable at during the losing streak: They have not been able to overcome adversity. If the other team scores, they need to weather the storm and fight back. Against CC, they were down by 1 in the third period both nights and ended up getting blown out because the wheels came off. They came back to tie NMU in the last game at 1-1 in the second, and then the wheels came off. If the wheels come off against Michigan, you will likely see double digits.

0-0 at the start, and that alone means we have a chance.
                                Philbert
                                ---------------
                                Michigan Tech Hockey: _______?.

Formerly, and soon to be again, retired member of The Huskies Pep Band.
                                GO HUSKIES, I am still waiting for Tech to win it all!

Comment

Working...
                                X