RPI at UAH 12/30/10 & 12/31/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI at UAH 12/30/10 & 12/31/10

Fresh off a shootout win against the US Junior team, RPI will ring in the New Year in Alabama. This is RPI's second trip to Huntsville. Previously, RPI swept UAH in the 1991-92 season.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Fresh off a shootout win against the US Junior team, RPI will ring in the New Year in Alabama. This is RPI's second trip to Huntsville. Previously, RPI swept UAH in the 1991-92 season.
    We must win both these games if we want any shot at an at large bid.
    I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Re: RPI at UAH 12/30/10 & 12/31/10

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
      We must win both these games if we want any shot at an at large bid.
      ...agreed, we can't afford to loose to UA-H (see Unions fall in KRACH) but at what cost. Does Allen start both games? That was another scarey moment at the end of the US game when he laid on the ice after doing the splits on a great save. This seems to be the last chance to get Bryce into a game not only for his confidence but also for the team's confidence in him. Last year when Allen got hurt in the 4-3 loss to Dart. we subsequentley went 2-5-1 the rest of the way (including the Dart. loss).
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

I am still quite surprised that Merriam didn't play half of the game yesterday, and I agree that it makes sense for him to play one of the games at UAH.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I am still quite surprised that Merriam didn't play half of the game yesterday, and I agree that it makes sense for him to play one of the games at UAH.
          After the UCONN game, I wouldn't be surprised if York plays both.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            After the UCONN game, I wouldn't be surprised if York plays both.
            Merriam did not have a great game against UConn, but he won't be able to regain confidence by not playing.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Beg to differ, Ralph. As long as York is physically OK, I would keep him going and reserve Merriam perhaps for some mopup duty. York is a big strong kid who can handle the work so I'd stick with him and keep him sharp as the ECAC push approaches. Of course, if anyone knows how to handle goalies I would imagine it's Appert. JMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                Beg to differ, Ralph. As long as York is physically OK, I would keep him going and reserve Merriam perhaps for some mopup duty. York is a big strong kid who can handle the work so I'd stick with him and keep him sharp as the ECAC push approaches. Of course, if anyone knows how to handle goalies I would imagine it's Appert. JMO.
                Mop up duty seems to be pretty rare these days, as there are very few routs. I am not concerned about York being able to handle the load; I am just concerned about what would happen if Merriam had to step in cold, like many of us thought was going to happen yesterday.

I wonder if SA feels that he was treated correctly when he was playing.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Mop up duty seems to be pretty rare these days, as there are very few routs. I am not concerned about York being able to handle the load; I am just concerned about what would happen if Merriam had to step in cold, like many of us thought was going to happen yesterday.

Maybe there's also a feeling that, because he tried this (splitting shifts) the past few years and it hasn't really worked out for us, that it's best to keep the dice with your go-to guy. Remember, Coach rotated goalies in his first 3 years, and they (aside from the playoff run when he pretty much said "Allen, we're going with you") were abysmal years in that area.

Comment

Could not agree more-we have 2 games left that do not count in the ECAC standings. I was amazed that coach SA risked York for the full game yesterday. He certainly can handle the work load-but an injury in a non counted game is just senseless. Glad we won of course-but if we had lost York for the season how would everyone have felt then? I suggest York play game 1 if healthy at UAH and be relieved only if we can put it out of reach. Perhaps start game 2 with the same intent. I would only allow him to play both entire games if they are close into the third periods only. Bryce needs some time in net-but only if we can get and hold a decent lead. Once the ECAC schedule starts-you ride the horse you rode in on. We have a chance at being an NCAA tournament team this year with an at large bid-something we could not have said in a long time.
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      Bryce needs some time in net-but only if we can get and hold a decent lead.
                      That's the definition of mop up duty in my book.

Comment

That's the definition of mop up duty in my book.
                        Isn't mop up duty when the other team has the decent lead?
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Any UAH posters out there?
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Isn't mop up duty when the other team has the decent lead?
                            No worries, ain't gonna happen.

Comment

No worries, ain't gonna happen.
                              If past history is any indication, it will happen just when I think that it won't.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                              X