PDA

View Full Version : AIC Represent!! 2010-20?? Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

AntiActionJoe
12-17-2010, 04:46 AM
I'd just like to congratulate AIC alum and goalie Tom Fenton for being signed to the Phoenix Coyotes. He showed real heart, and determination in their 3-4 loss to the Rangers while watching from the bench. However, I think he will prove to be a great addition to the team and should get some playing time by the end of the season. He'll show everyone that AIC can produce great NHL players and that they do not have to be the laughing stock of NCAA Division I hockey.

Here is the glorious and heart warming article.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=2010020461&cmpid=ggl1bx

GO AIC!!
http://www.collegehockeystats.net/img120/aic120.gif http://www.collegehockeystats.net/img120/aic120.gif http://www.collegehockeystats.net/img120/aic120.gif http://www.collegehockeystats.net/img120/aic120.gif http://www.collegehockeystats.net/img120/aic120.gif

tarp
12-17-2010, 07:26 AM
That is heat warming!
Merry Christmas and good luck to Fenton and to AIC ...

moose97
12-17-2010, 09:50 AM
However, I think he will prove to be a great addition to the team and should get some playing time by the end of the season. He'll show everyone that AIC can produce great NHL players and that they do not have to be the laughing stock of NCAA Division I hockey.

Um, no he won't. Read the article - they wouldn't have even used him in that capacity if they would have had the chance of calling up an AHL goalie, but were forced to use a kid who hadn't played in a year and a half. Hell, he didn't even get paid (only signing an amateur try-out contract), only getting his jersey as compensation and the NHL per dieum of around $100.

Biddco
12-17-2010, 10:03 AM
I learned that AIC is in Springfield, Mass. Never bothered to look up where it was. Cool.

Jeff_Jackson_for_Pres.
12-17-2010, 11:28 AM
Um, no he won't. Read the article - they wouldn't have even used him in that capacity if they would have had the chance of calling up an AHL goalie, but were forced to use a kid who hadn't played in a year and a half. Hell, he didn't even get paid (only signing an amateur try-out contract), only getting his jersey as compensation and the NHL per dieum of around $100.

It's still an awesome story and great publicity for AIC.

Dirty
12-17-2010, 11:37 AM
I learned that AIC is in Springfield, Mass. Never bothered to look up where it was. Cool.

!!!!! That dog has a puffy tail!!! Heeheeheehee!!! Here puff! Here puff! Heeheeheehee!!!

moose97
12-17-2010, 01:19 PM
It's still an awesome story and great publicity for AIC.

I didn't say it wasn't. I though it was fantastic when I saw the story on SportsCenter this morning, however, let's be realistic and not make him the new full-time back-up for the 'Yotes.

Jeff_Jackson_for_Pres.
12-17-2010, 03:29 PM
I didn't say it wasn't. I though it was fantastic when I saw the story on SportsCenter this morning, however, let's be realistic and not make him the new full-time back-up for the 'Yotes.

I don't think anyone is, least of all Fenton himself. Well, maybe except for AAJ. :p

AntiActionJoe
12-17-2010, 08:38 PM

Fenton's power is already demonstrated. So few people know where AIC is. Everyone assumes they're just in a basement. I know it hits a lot of people, especially Hockey East fans or northeast residents, that AIC is in Springfield. Hopefully this good press can get AIC a bit more noticed and help get AIC the recognition it deserves in hockey.

Twitch Boy
12-17-2010, 08:58 PM
You guys could beat Michigan Tech right now. I guarantee it.

See you next season.

Parker Ranger
12-17-2010, 11:29 PM
Fenton's power is already demonstrated. So few people know where AIC is. Everyone assumes they're just in a basement. I know it hits a lot of people, especially Hockey East fans or northeast residents, that AIC is in Springfield. Hopefully this good press can get AIC a bit more noticed and help get AIC the recognition it deserves in hockey.

Springfield is one New England's ****iest cities. 15 murders this year; it's a blurping cesspool/Petri dish.

AntiActionJoe
12-18-2010, 12:36 AM
Springfield is one New England's ****iest cities. 15 murders this year; it's a blurping cesspool/Petri dish.

Boston murders this year: 73
Boston population: 589141
Murders per 10,000 people: (73*10000)/589141 = 1.23

Springfield murders this year: 15
Springfield population: 151176
Murders per 10,000 people: (15*10000)/151176 = .992

We're you trying to make a point? You've failed by trying to compare murder rates.
In terms of shiatiest cities, I'd go with New Haven.

Flashy Man
04-16-2011, 09:49 AM
You've got a recruit!

Dirty
04-16-2011, 09:50 AM
Where's my jersey?

FlagDUDE08
04-16-2011, 09:55 AM
Where's my jersey?

It took you 14 posts to get this up?! I'm disappointed.

Ralph Baer
04-16-2011, 12:43 PM
It took you 14 posts to get this up?! I'm disappointed.

Not to mention 4 months. :)

joecct
04-16-2011, 12:51 PM
Want a rumor???

How about the NE-10 having all the schools play in the NE-10???

Think about it and how one can make it work...

umassattack
04-16-2011, 03:31 PM

You are right about Springfield not being the safest of cities. That is hurting the attendance for the AHL Springfield Falcons as well. Even though there are hockey arenas in Springfield, AIC plays all of their home games in the next town over: West Springfield, Ma. at the Olympia Ice Center, seating for about 1200.

AIC has been around for a very long time and have never had a lot of success. I am a UMASS fan and live in W. Springfield, and watch A.I.C. when UMASS is not playing. They are a strange team in that they can surprise many teams when they least expect it, even though I must admit it isn't very often.
This season for example:
AIC-5 @ USAF-3
AIC 5 @ Mercyhurst-2
AIC 3 @ Mercyhurst-0
RIT-2 @ AIC-6
AIC-0 @ Minn. State 1

and a couple of yrs. ago at Dartmouth a 3-3 OT-Tie after they gave up the tying goal at the 19:99 mark of the 3rd period.

komey1
04-16-2011, 07:14 PM
That sweep of Mercyhurst still confuses me. I can see AIC stealing 1 game of a weekend, but them sweeping was a puzzler.

FlagDUDE08
04-17-2011, 02:09 PM
You are right about Springfield not being the safest of cities. That is hurting the attendance for the AHL Springfield Falcons as well. Even though there are hockey arenas in Springfield, AIC plays all of their home games in the next town over: West Springfield, Ma. at the Olympia Ice Center, seating for about 1200.

AIC has been around for a very long time and have never had a lot of success. I am a UMASS fan and live in W. Springfield, and watch A.I.C. when UMASS is not playing. They are a strange team in that they can surprise many teams when they least expect it, even though I must admit it isn't very often.
This season for example:
AIC-5 @ USAF-3
AIC 5 @ Mercyhurst-2
AIC 3 @ Mercyhurst-0
RIT-2 @ AIC-6
AIC-0 @ Minn. State 1

and a couple of yrs. ago at Dartmouth a 3-3 OT-Tie after they gave up the tying goal at the 19:99 mark of the 3rd period.

Last year they were tied with RPI 2-2 well into the 3rd period. RPI needed a late PPG from Jerry D'Amigo to win it, and AIC had some good chances to go ahead in that game.