X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2010-2011 - Part Deux

Originally posted by MEbear View Post
    Thanks for the info, but I apparently don't have whatever package is required to receive that because there's just a banner that says women's bball and "Not Authorized" just above the CBSCH in the middle of the screen. I was at the Alfond and saw it there, but it would be fun to watch it on TV too. I wonder what package I'd need to be able to receive that channel. Oops, I see you answered that question already.

So, how are the Bears looking tonight?
    it's included in tw's extended sports pack ($5.95/month) and includes 3 fox college sports channels (which will get you a number of games from out west)

if you call them up they will activate it while you are on the phone with them and it'll be live w/i minutes... conversely, when the season is over, you can drop it just as quickly

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
      Maine beats BC and suddenly the Black Bears are out of the NCAA tourney as it stands right now.
      That was the result of Merrimack beating BU on Tuesday. Plenty of opportunity to jump back up. Merrimack at Alfond twice.

Comment

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
        That was the result of Merrimack beating BU on Tuesday. Plenty of opportunity to jump back up. Merrimack at Alfond twice.
        Actually it is the result of the NCAA changing the TUC component for PWR rankings this season. USCHO decided to switch to the new formula after last weekend's results.

Comment

Actually it is the result of the NCAA changing the TUC component for PWR rankings this season. USCHO decided to switch to the new formula after last weekend's results.
          I'd say it's the result of Maine doing its annual tank job
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

If Maine didn't choke away the game against UNH in the last minute they'd be sitting at 8 in the PWR instead of 17. I'd say they've done a nice job digging their own hole now it's up to them to win the games that will get them out of that hole.

Comment

Ahahahaha. Oh sure, it was USCHO that changed the PWR.
              Originally posted by reBlur
              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeypuck View Post
                If Maine didn't choke away the game against UNH in the last minute they'd be sitting at 8 in the PWR instead of 17. I'd say they've done a nice job digging their own hole now it's up to them to win the games that will get them out of that hole.
                I know there will be less movement per game once the entire season is played, but we're over 60% there...

that much movement this deep in is a pretty good testiment to how fragile this system is. That's why I was having my little meltdown over the fact that they weren't beating ANYONE worth talking about and each game can mean so much in the long run. One extra win we should have had. Things like that. If those North Dakota games were at the Ralph, boy would we be screwed.
                Being led to the promiseland by TIMMAY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr: Actually it is the result of the NCAA changing the TUC component for PWR rankings this season. USCHO decided to switch to the new formula after last weekend's results.
                  Originally posted by Hockeypuck View Post
                  After the PWR TUC adjustment, Maine dropped from 12 to 17 after its win over BC, and UNH went from 9 to 6t after its loss to Dartmouth. Bewildering to be sure, but you guys will be fine. Northeastern is no help this weekend, so a must win. Then take 2 from BU. See you Feb 4-5 at the Whitt, and good luck until then.

Comment

Hi Again,
                    While looking up favorite UNH alum, came across a past Black Bear I thought you'd like to know about. Josh Soares is leading the Swedish Allsvenskan league with 18-25-43 through 37 games. (His line mate is former Wildcat Steve Saviano at 15-21-36.)

Comment

You friggin Maine fans that blame Maine dropping from #12 to #17 in the PWR on the UNH loss are MORONS! They just beat BC for Chr*st sake!

11-6-4 with wins over BC and North Dakota (2)........of course that can't compare with the 4 EZAC teams ahead of them who have played and beaten next to NO ONE!

Comment

TUC is a dumb comparision criterion.Nothing shows this more clearly than how the PWR has changed after the past weekend's results.(Apparently,it's better to lose to Dartmouth than to defeat BC..?Please.)

SOS is already accounted for via RPI.TUC is therefore a needless construct.And,having three meaningful criteria for the PWR would make the process of selection much less arcane.

Still,as dumb as it is,it's waaay better than how the NCAA runs football...All Maine needs to do is win.

Comment

You friggin Maine fans that blame Maine dropping from #12 to #17 in the PWR on the UNH loss are MORONS! They just beat BC for Chr*st sake!

11-6-4 with wins over BC and North Dakota (2)........of course that can't compare with the 4 EZAC teams ahead of them who have played and beaten next to NO ONE!
                          Are you serious? or is this a joke? Its january, Maines record and therefore standing in PWR is Maines fault, no one elses. Win games
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

The NCAA is pretty clever actually. After seeing that Maine beat BC on Sunday, they announced the changes in PWR, knowing Maineuhs would need something to beetch about.
                            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Didn't the PWR at one point give bonuses for road wins? Maine's lucky that's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                                Didn't the PWR at one point give bonuses for road wins? Maine's lucky that's gone.
                                The old system used some bonuses (they were kept a mystery but using data and sources I think the USCHO had it pretty much figured out) to boost a team's RPI for getting "quality wins" in non-conference games. Road wins had the highest weight, followed by neutral wins and home wins.

I liked that and think it should be brought back. It can be used to help encourage schools to schedule big games. It would basically give a team like Maine or BC (which scheduled and swept North Dakota and BC, respectively) some help in fighting a turd like this year's Yale squad (best NC opponent was Colorado College).
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X