• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2010-2011 - Part Deux

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    What about Acs, he's already there
    I think he's Arnie Davis's Godfather!
    Originally posted by mookie1995
    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Met acs and the missus down at Conte.
      I says, "so how do you like going to games with your dad?" Oops.
      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
        I am now convinced its much more fun following Maine fanz reactions to a loss than it is actually following the team. Game on !!!!!!!!!
        My grandpappy used to do the same. That, and pee in the fridge in the middle of the night.
        You peein' in the fridge yet?
        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Well, I think its funny, that Maine is getting blasted and Timmay is saying "its an embarrassment"......how about Timmay saying he is an embarrassment to the Maine Hockey Tradition and stepping aside??? What a loser, even his captain is saying they are being outplayed, out hit etc...how bad is that when you are playing Merrimack!!! Then the typical we got out hustled, we came out flat, lets for good measure throw in we had people leave early....blah blah blah!!! Excuses excuses.....how about I have no clue how to coach, motivate, lead, leverage the players I have to win etc...its all excuses and no accountability. The February swoon has started early and say bye bye to the NCAA's. He got lucky his loser buddy Blake gave him a going away gift, buy him out and get a real coach if the program wants to stay relevant versus being a cellar dwellar and an afterthought!! Thanks Timmay you have accomplished your goal of ruining the hockey program and making it a joke!!!

Comment

I can see I'm gonna hafta be kickin azz and taking names....letz see....wally, pro and 5hole. You know, I got connections in the underworld. er underwear.

Okay, so heres lesson 101 in following Maine hawkey from here on out:

1) Lower ur expectations. Thats right, dont expect more than Timmay can deliver. Be happy with middle of the road, be super impressed with a HE tourney showing, nothing more. NCAA's ? fohgetaboutit !

2) Be happy with any collisions on ice, even if accidental. Thats physical play ofa sort, correct? Bellamy style or Prestin hawkey? hahahahaha

3) A shutout should be considered 4 goals or less. A touchdown scored against ya is a bad game, nothing more, nothing less.

4) Tournaments, of any sort, are intended to be simply participated in, never won. Much more sportsmanship-like that way, dontchya agree?

5) We dont, repeat dont, own the space in front of our goalie. Where else could the opponents score from...give it away.

6) Finishing checks are for bad boyz. Not nice to smoke somebody isit?

7) Even flat hawkey is consistent hawkey. Think aboutit and agree its better to bring no emotions to a game than being called out for over-aggressiveness.

8) Final fours are best watched in ESPN high-def. Plus much cheaper...so why participate in something like that when you can watch it for free ??

9) Blame Walshy for elevating everyones expectations to the point where we think we're entitled to anything more than a decent game 5 times a year.

10) Recall, with fondness, all those frozen fours....what years were they again ??

IN summay....lower your expectations, lengthen ur lifespan and just be happy with Timmay.
            I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
              My grandpappy used to do the same. That, and pee in the fridge in the middle of the night.
              You peein' in the fridge yet?
              I'm pretty sure you and pro are no spring chickens....boc, boc

Comment

Originally posted by MAINEhockeyFireWhitehead View Post
                can anyone tell me how to put a picture as my avitar?
                you gotta be a paying member...
                but I am glad to see that 93Champs, pro1disp, priceless has finally changed his name to something that makes sense

heh heh heh

Comment

Prediction: Maine goes undefeated from here on out, national champions, Timmy wins coach of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsFan93 View Post
                    Prediction: Maine goes undefeated from here on out, national champions, Timmy wins coach of the year.
                    example 1 -------what not to do.

Expectations ??? Tooooooo high. Expect at least one loss from here on out.

Comment

gotta solve this mystery....who is this man??? http://imagehost.vendio.com/bin/imag...mePortait4.JPG

hint..he never played hawkey

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                        gotta solve this mystery....who is this man??? http://imagehost.vendio.com/bin/imag...mePortait4.JPG

hint..he never played hawkey
                        Looks like a portrait oil painting from the 1890s..........maybe a doctor or teacher? I'd pay at least $2,035.00 for that painting if it were offered on EBay!

Comment

Originally posted by MAINEhockeyFireWhitehead View Post
                          Truly sad how something I used enjoy to do with friends and family has turned into something I now refuse to do. I have not attended a single maine hockey game this season. Now I am sure it doesn't hurt the program or bother them but the problem is no one bleeds black bear blue like I do. I can't bring my self to watch this team in person. Its like watching a family member who is being beaten and ur in a cage and can only sit back and watch instead of helping them.
                          Actually I'd say there are lots of people who bleed black blear blue more than you: the ones still going to games. The ones who traveled down to Merrimack and saw Maine lose, and still managed to be Maine supporters the next morning and had nice things to say about Merrimack afterwards.

The above sounds like the very definition of a fair weather fan: one who enjoys seeing a club win, but can't bring themselves to watch once the team is no longer as successful. This season Maine isn't even that bad. They're one point out of home ice. What if they were dead last? What if they missed the playoffs for a few years?

Merrimack fans have endured much worse for far longer, and many of them still show up for games. They're showing up this year, when the team is doing well. They'll still be showing up in other years, when things are not going so well.

If you want to argue that Maine needs a new coach, go ahead, but don't undermine your credentials as a team supporter before doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by dmjossel View Post
                            Actually I'd say there are lots of people who bleed black blear blue more than you: the ones still going to games. The ones who traveled down to Merrimack and saw Maine lose, and still managed to be Maine supporters the next morning and had nice things to say about Merrimack afterwards.

The above sounds like the very definition of a fair weather fan: one who enjoys seeing a club win, but can't bring themselves to watch once the team is no longer as successful. This season Maine isn't even that bad. They're one point out of home ice. What if they were dead last? What if they missed the playoffs for a few years?

Merrimack fans have endured much worse for far longer, and many of them still show up for games. They're showing up this year, when the team is doing well. They'll still be showing up in other years, when things are not going so well.

If you want to argue that Maine needs a new coach, go ahead, but don't undermine your credentials as a team supporter before doing it.

I still suport the team cheering for them and listen or watch every game I just refuse to keep throwing my money at a dead beat coach who has driven the program into the ground. Remember the days of walsh and the "road warrior mentality"?
                            Maine Hockey

Shawn and Grant Built it

Tim Whitehead Ruined it

Comment

Originally posted by dmjossel View Post

The game time on Sunday has been changed to 7 p.m. because of TV coverage. True blue fans will be there rooting for the Bears even if the Pats are on TV, playing a team they should lose to, bad weather and a number of other reasons why some say they should stay away. It's time to support the program and this team and tone down some of the negativity.

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                                The game time on Sunday has been changed to 7 p.m. because of TV coverage. True blue fans will be there rooting for the Bears even if the Pats are on TV, playing a team they should lose to, bad weather and a number of other reasons why some say they should stay away. It's time to support the program and this team and tone down some of the negativity.
                                What tv coverage? Oh CBS sports, wow another game ruined by TV timeouts. Its tough to support a team when the senior leadership says, we quit. Losing is one thing, that happens, quiting is another
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X