Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI MMXI III: Overanalyzing The Iron Men and Other Uses of Internet Bandwidth

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
    Great work. However, it's doubtful that the Union games would be held this weekend. It would be great for us. But, Union, with their trimester schedule, would be on break or be in finals. And, they wouldn't want their rivalry game played without their students.
    Well the other option I had was to split the Union league games up, have the RPI home game on Dec.10th and the Union home game on Jan. 14th. Then move the Ferris St. series to Thanksgiving weekend and push the RIT road game up a weekend to Nov. 19th. This would eliminate any bye week possibilities though.
    Last edited by redhead18; 01-07-2011, 09:52 AM.

Comment

• Re: RPI MMXI III: Overanalyzing The Iron Men and Other Uses of Internet Bandwidth

Redhead-If you are correct with the schedule-I will be quite sad-I had been to 38 RPI Tournaments and listened to 9 more and will miss that experience greatly. I also am not sure i like only 15 dates at home and 18 on the road.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
        Well the other option I had was to split the Union league games up, have the RPI home game on Dec.10th and the Union home game on Jan. 14th. Then move the Ferris St. series to Thanksgiving weekend and push the RIT road game up a weekend to Nov. 19th. This would eliminate any bye week possibilities though.
        What about moving the H&H series up to 11/17 and 18th? It would be finals week for the Dutchmen (I finally looked up the academic schedule for Union), but wouldn't touch the rest of the schedule. That also leaves a couple bye weekends in December for that potential 34th game or just a rest for the players.
        Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          Redhead-If you are correct with the schedule-I will be quite sad-I had been to 38 RPI Tournaments and listened to 9 more and will miss that experience greatly. I also am not sure i like only 15 dates at home and 18 on the road.
          True, if indeed the tournament is gone though, I would like to see a home game vs a Hockey East team for that 34th game, 16/18 home to road schedule isnt that bad. I still havent heard any rumors about possible teams for our tournament next season and I wasnt expecting to see a series against Mankato pop up.

Comment

Another thing that I forgot to mention, but I see this as a huge positive...

This season, our non-conference schedule consisted of 2 WCHA / 1 CCHA / 2 HEA / 1 ECAC / 4 AHA / 2 Independent games. In 2011-12 it will consist of 4 WCHA / 3 CCHA / 1 HEA / 1 ECAC / 1 AHA and 1 unknown. That's a tremendous upgrade. Kudos to Seth Appert and Jim Knowlton for upgrading the quality of the team and being able to rope in the big fish who don't have a lot of non-conference games to spare.
            Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

I was just killing time this morning and came up with this mock schedule for next season, theres only 33 games listed so I need to add one more eventually. So if the information we got from Weaver during the chat last night is correct, it could look something like this:

10/1 Exhibition
              10/7 Minnesota St. Mankato
              10/8 Minnesota St. Mankato
              10/15 vs Union @ Lake Placid
              10/22 @ Notre Dame
              10/28 Colorado College
              10/29 Colorado College
              11/4 @ Clarkson*
              11/5 @ St. Lawrence*
              11/11 Brown*
              11/12 Yale*
              11/26 @ RIT
              12/2 @ Princeton*
              12/3 @ Quinnipiac*
              12/9 Union*
              12/10 @ Union*
              12/30 vs Lowell @ UConn Classic
              12/31 vs UConn/Army @ UConn Classic
              1/6 Dartmouth*
              1/7 Harvard*
              1/13 @ Ferris St.
              1/14 @ Ferris St.
              1/20 @ Yale*
              1/21 @ Brown*
              1/27 St. Lawrence*
              1/28 Clarkson*
              2/3 Cornell*
              2/4 Colgate*
              2/10 @ Harvard*
              2/11 @ Dartmouth*
              2/17 Quinnipiac*
              2/18 Princeton*
              2/24 @ Colgate*
              2/25 @ Cornell*
              I know that there was discussion of ending the holiday tournament. Will there not be one next year?
              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
              Benjamin Franklin
              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
              Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                I know that there was discussion of ending the holiday tournament. Will there not be one next year?
                Nothing official, but rumors. Also, as has been pointed out, there have been no rumors of any schools participating, and considering the number of posters on USCHO with inside knowledge of their schools, that is a strong indcaition that it won't be played next season.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                  Dont know, but if all the info ive heard about the NC games next year is correct then there wont be enough available games to have the tournament. Of course Weaver could be wrong about playing two games against Ferris St., in that case there will be enough games to have the tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    Nothing official, but rumors. Also, as has been pointed out, there have been no rumors of any schools participating, and considering the number of posters on USCHO with inside knowledge of their schools, that is a strong indcaition that it won't be played next season.
                    Holy Moly-first they take away the RPI Tournament-what disappears next? Social Security?

Comment

Consdiering what an attendance stinkbomb the Holiday Tourney is it wouldn't be all that shocking to see it get nuked. This year's selection of opponents shows how hard it is to get anyone to come out, no to mention someone worthwhile for it.
                      R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                        Consdiering what an attendance stinkbomb the Holiday Tourney is it wouldn't be all that shocking to see it get nuked. This year's selection of opponents shows how hard it is to get anyone to come out, no to mention someone worthwhile for it.
                        I had thought they might have turned it into a Capital District type of tournament with RPI and Union as set teams and two others added-a little like the GLI(with 3 set teams). Finding the convenient time of year and a big enough sponsor though is difficult I guess.

Comment

USCHO article on eastern Hobey possibilities http://www.uscho.com/hobeywatch/2011...t-ii-the-east/

Chase Polacek, SR, F, Rensselaer — Polacek was the nation’s No. 6 scorer last season, and made the laudable decision to return for his senior year. It was uncertain how the early departures of Jerry D’Amigo and Brandon Pirri would affect Polacek. As it turns out, Polacek’s points-per-game average (1.39) is higher than it was at the end of last season (1.33), although his goal-scoring has dropped. He’s 15th in the nation in PPG right now, and I think that if RPI continues to play well and make a run at returning to the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 1995, Polacek’s stock will rise. He remains a player well worth keeping an eye on.
                          Allen York, JR, G, Rensselaer — I think it’s safe to say that this one has worked out so far. Second in the nation in goals-against average, sixth in save percentage, playing for an RPI team that’s seventh in the Pairwise and making a strong bid to return to the NCAA tournament for the first time in 16 years. He stopped 28 of 29 shots in a win over Boston University, and stopped 20 of 23 shots in 4–2 loss to Yale. That last stat might not sound terribly impressive, but when you consider that the .869 save percentage in that game is a good bit higher than the .855 that opposing goaltenders average against Yale, it adds a bit more context. Look for York to make a strong push for Hobey finalist consideration during the second half of the season. Whether he gets more than that remains to be seen, but given goalies’ history with the Hobey, it doesn’t look good.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                            Holy Moly-first they take away the RPI Tournament-what disappears next? Social Security?
                            Yes, but people our age won't have to worry about it.
                            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                            Benjamin Franklin
                            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                            Gary Player

Comment

Heres a pic of the new scoreboard thanks to WaP

http://twitpic.com/3nw05z

Comment

Heres a pic of the new scoreboard thanks to WaP

http://twitpic.com/3nw05z
                                With that, do we need a band?
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X