Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI MMXI III: Overanalyzing The Iron Men and Other Uses of Internet Bandwidth

Apologies is RB or someone beat me to this...there is a nice WJC Preview spread on USA and JDA in the current (1/3/11) issue of the THN. Nice inset photo of Jerry and several quotes inside the article.
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Re: RPI MMXI III: Overanalyzing The Iron Men and Other Uses of Internet Bandwidth

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Welcome back, RC. We missed you.
      Whatever. I'm sure we're just days away from you posting my social security number and tax returns.
      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
        Malchuk?

Rabbani, Rogic and Smith would be a good line.
        I thought that I fixed that.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I am going to commit an evil sin and repost this hear for the people who don't read the score update threads. This is discussing the poor quality of the B2/A1 stream, and replacing it with a much better, free RPI TV stream.

Originally posted by mackek2 View Post
          As always, thanks for the support!

We have been in a number of discussions with the athletics department and even a few members of the presidents cabinet about this, and we have really been stonewalled by the athletics department. They have signed this contract (without ever mentioning it to us; lasts until June 2012) and say that their hands are tied and they cannot allow us to stream. I have seen the contract, and know that this is not really true. The most frustrating part is that it seems I have been having to fight them to do this, even though I am confident that it would serve them better (the money they make is so small as to be inconsequential), and that it would work better and be more beneficial for the fans, parents, alumni, students, school and THEM!! I think we could easily get a thousand people watching every single game online, live, if we were to stream it.

We (meaning I, most likely) am going to ask if we (assuming we can get enough crew; I think we can) can stream the Clarkson / St. Lawrence games on Jan 7th and 8th. I will let everybody know how this goes, and if we can do it, or if I need everyones help to pass their support for RPI TV streaming to the athletics department. Maybe it will mean more coming from people other than me!
          Watch many of the RPI hockey games on our website, rpitv.org

Comment

Tonight was not a good night to be an RPI skater. Scott Halpern went down (I didn't see the hit, or the aftermath) but he was on crutches after the game. Higgs got cut on the neck after being hooked down. According to Appert after the game during the alum meet and greet, Higgs is in stable condition at the hospital. He also stated that Vines missed the game because he was recruiting in Manitoba (let the speculation begin!!!!). While I was talking with JFK after the game, he said that Rogic and Rabbani would be replacing Halpern and Higgs (because they were the only two extras that made the flight).
            Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

RPI moves up a couple spots into a tie for 7th with Notre Dame in the current pairwise rankings after the win last night.

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/pairwi...kings/d-i-men/

7t Rensselaer 17 10-4-3 .6765 7 .5571* 8
              Scary moment for Brock last night, hate to see that happen. Lets hope and pray for a speedy recovery. Anyone have an idea on how long he might be out of the lineup with an injury like that?

Comment

My prayers and thoughts to Brock and his family. God speed Brock.
                "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                  RPI moves up a couple spots into a tie for 7th with Notre Dame in the current pairwise rankings after the win last night.

Scary moment for Brock last night, hate to see that happen. Lets hope and pray for a speedy recovery. Anyone have an idea on how long he might be out of the lineup with an injury like that?
                  Zednik was out for a year (I was actually at the game he returned to HSBC Arena to play Buffalo). I would not be surprised if Brock redshirted next year. I do wish for him a full recovery.

Do you think, after this year, they're going to look into neck guards for the players?

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post

Interesting that we moved up considering that the win over UAH wasn't included since would have hurt us http://siouxsports.com/hockey/rankings/pwr/.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      Interesting that we moved up considering that the win over UAH wasn't included since would have hurt us http://siouxsports.com/hockey/rankings/pwr/.
                      The game against UAH isn't used in RPI's RPI calculation, but is still used for common opponent calculations in the PWR. I assume it's that fact along with other team's results that made such a move happen.
                      APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        Zednik was out for a year (I was actually at the game he returned to HSBC Arena to play Buffalo). I would not be surprised if Brock redshirted next year. I do wish for him a full recovery.

Do you think, after this year, they're going to look into neck guards for the players?
                        Zednik's and Malarchuk's injuries were both extremely deep lacerations involving muscles and nerves being severed and in at least one case (M) included the left carotid artery. Both necessitated arterial repairs and that type of surgery, which is quite delicate, takes 6-12 weeks to heal and convalesce at the very least. Let's hope in Brock's case that this was more superficial and only involved cutaneous and subcutaneous tissue. He could have had a very superficial slice that severed a small arteriole and still lost a considerable amount of blood. Since we may never know the details (SA is usually not given to discuss the extent of injuries) we will only be able to tell if and when the coach feels he is well enough to practice. At the bare minimum, if this was the best scenario, I am sure we are looking at a month to 6 weeks off. Just my medical 2¢
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                          Zednik's and Malarchuk's injuries were both extremely deep lacerations involving muscles and nerves being severed and in at least one case (M) included the left carotid artery. Both necessitated arterial repairs and that type of surgery, which is quite delicate, takes 6-12 weeks to heal and convalesce at the very least. Let's hope in Brock's case that this was more superficial and only involved cutaneous and subcutaneous tissue. He could have had a very superficial slice that severed a small arteriole and still lost a considerable amount of blood. Since we may never know the details (SA is usually not given to discuss the extent of injuries) we will only be able to tell if and when the coach feels he is well enough to practice. At the bare minimum, if this was the best scenario, I am sure we are looking at a month to 6 weeks off. Just my medical 2¢
                          You had me at cutaneous.
                          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                          Benjamin Franklin
                          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                          Gary Player

Comment

From WaP Twitter re: Brock's condition

" Reports say that Higgs suffered a skate blade cut to his neck that just missed the carotid artery. Was in surgery last night in Huntsville."
                            "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

that whole game had an eerie feel to it. Door flies open in opening minute....problems with ice....glass gets blown out.....problems with ice.....Halpern goes down....clock goes down (at a very convenient time for UA-H?)....Higgs cut falling on skate.....problems with ice....sweet home alabama my arse, let's win this afternoon and get outa there
                              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Schott has an update, with quotes from Appert, regarding Brock's condition and surgery last night:

http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...al-after-havi/

Scary stuff...
                                Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X