Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI MMXI III: Overanalyzing The Iron Men and Other Uses of Internet Bandwidth

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
    I hope they gel against the rest of the world Ralph! Talking to a Yale buddy tonight and we may make the freakout trek to support the Eli. Yales home schedule for the second half kinda stinks until february (you know, weak schedule and all )
    Yale has a weak schedule? Maybe someone should start a thead.

Seriously, that should be a great game.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Re: RPI MMXI III: Overanalyzing The Iron Men and Other Uses of Internet Bandwidth

I hope they gel against the rest of the world Ralph! Talking to a Yale buddy tonight and we may make the freakout trek to support the Eli. Yales home schedule for the second half kinda stinks until february (you know, weak schedule and all )
      Good luck in getting good seats... it probably isn't sold out yet, but you won't be able to get tickets at the door for this game.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Good luck in getting good seats... it probably isn't sold out yet, but you won't be able to get tickets at the door for this game.
        A question that probably has been discussed before, but I don't recall -- since Section 1 doesn't exist anymore, where are the visitor's seats?
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          A question that probably has been discussed before, but I don't recall -- since Section 1 doesn't exist anymore, where are the visitor's seats?
          Behind the blue curtain where we don't have to look at th- oh wait, they open those for this game... section 2. Either that or section 20-21. That's where the Union fan was this year.
          Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 12-21-2010, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Behind the blue curtain where we don't have to look at th- oh wait, they open those for this game... section 2. Either that or section 20-21. That's where the Union fan was this year.
            Section 20-21? That means that they were moved from Section 1 to Section -1.

Thanks.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

How can you quantify this statement when RPI has been beaten by other teams this year? I am sure there is a boatload of talent on the US Junior team, but to say that it is the best team that they will face this year on any given night is not true IMO. Maybe all those losses RPI has are all flukes and tying USA is the defining game of your season, be happy with that I guess. I agree that you guys have a nice 2011 to look forward to, but don't get carried away with an exhibition tie, win when it counts.
              LT, I certainly believe that Yale is the most talented team in the ECACH, and possibly all of college hockey. But how many #1 draft picks do they have? How many of their players will get to the AHL? I don't see how you can question the talent laden USA team compared to any college team.
              FYI. I have a tie to Yale through my daughter, and enjoy their team, but no matter how far Yale goes, they will always be second in my heart.
              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
              Benjamin Franklin
              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
              Gary Player

Comment

How can you quantify this statement when RPI has been beaten by other teams this year? I am sure there is a boatload of talent on the US Junior team, but to say that it is the best team that they will face this year on any given night is not true IMO. Maybe all those losses RPI has are all flukes and tying USA is the defining game of your season, be happy with that I guess. I agree that you guys have a nice 2011 to look forward to, but don't get carried away with an exhibition tie, win when it counts.
                Please, don't feel threatened just because there are other teams in the nation (and in the league) that are very good.

I am beginning to understand the Yale backlash even if I don't agree with it.

Better hurry. Game's almost sold out. Not too many seats available together anymore.
                Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post
                  Please, don't feel threatened just because there are other teams in the nation (and in the league) that are very good.

I am beginning to understand the Yale backlash even if I don't agree with it.

Better hurry. Game's almost sold out. Not too many seats available together anymore.
                  I remember the days when there were almost no Yale posters on the board and virtually no one form there travelled to see any of their games. Oh, wait a minute..... they have won some games the past 2 years-I get it now.
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    Section 20-21? That means that they were moved from Section 1 to Section -1.

Thanks.
                    Just so long as a group of fans doesn't think they're going to get respect when they sit in the student section and threaten to sue us. I won't name names, but their team plays in an auditorium.....

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      I remember the days when there were almost no Yale posters on the board and virtually no one form there travelled to see any of their games. Oh, wait a minute..... they have won some games the past 2 years-I get it now.
                      I have the feeling that if we continue winning for a couple of weeks into the second semester, these threads will be inundated by RPI bandwagon fans. I am actually looking forward to it since we haven't really had any bandwagon fans since USCHO started, although after a few weeks of it, I will probably change my mind.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Just so long as a group of fans doesn't think they're going to get respect when they sit in the student section and threaten to sue us. I won't name names, but their team plays in an mausoleum.....
                        fyp
                        Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                          fyp
                          Having been to that dump, you're absolutely right. We were the only fans there, and to quote some team members, "it felt like a home game".

Comment

Having been to that dump, you're absolutely right. We were the only fans there, and to quote some team members, "it felt like a home game".
                            In my conducting year with the Pep Band, it really was. Brown's band didn't show until halfway through the 3rd period. They let us do the US and Canadian Anthems, and gave us most of the play stoppages. From a band perspective I ran it exactly like a home game. We also outnumbered their fans by at least 2-1, which is pretty much the norm for that game.
                            RPI Pep Band Ex-Ex-Ex-...-Ex Conductor

RPI Hockey 1954, 1985
                            UConn Basketball 1999, 2004, 2011, 2014

Comment

Just an aside, we have the best **** band in the country. Always great to see them on the road. Dedicated and talented.
                              "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                                Great news the new jumbo tron is up. In the hfh
                                Not up. But it is in the building.
                                Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X