Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI MMXI III: Overanalyzing The Iron Men and Other Uses of Internet Bandwidth

Originally posted by realet View Post
    Well, Team USA certainly didn't stop playing. They went after the rebound off the crossbar hard. We've got an excellent viewpoint from the catwalk, and it certainly did not go in the net. There's no way it did given the noise it made and the angle at which it came out of the goalmouth. The referees were also in perfect position to make the call and they immediately waved it off. Without the horn going off play probably would have simply continued.
    As I said, we disagree. That puck did not clang nearly as loudly as the several others pipes during the game...which tells me it caught some cloth, which last I checked, is located inside the net.
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Re: RPI MMXI III: Overanalyzing The Iron Men and Other Uses of Internet Bandwidth

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
      As I said, we disagree. That puck did not clang nearly as loudly as the several others pipes during the game...which tells me it caught some cloth, which last I checked, is located inside the net.
      You can lead a horse to water... making him drink can be more difficult. (shrug)

I further offer that RPI TV's people also said it wasn't a goal.
      Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post
        You can lead a horse to water... making him drink can be more difficult. (shrug)

I further offer that RPI TV's people also said it wasn't a goal.
        I see your shrug and raise you an eye roll.
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

I'll try to get at least the short clip from that debated non-goal up today.
          Watch many of the RPI hockey games on our website, rpitv.org

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            Agreed-this team has shown they can play with anyone-including the best the USA has to offer under age 20 and the number 1 team and the former number 2 team. They are good-with a little more experience they coould indeed be scary good.
            No matter how far they go this year, they will not face a more talented team. If they can stay healthy, I believe that they are already scary good.
            I am so looking forward to 2011.
            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
            Benjamin Franklin
            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
            Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by mackek2 View Post
              I'll try to get at least the short clip from that debated non-goal up today.
              You probably have the video equivelent of Photoshop.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                No matter how far they go this year, they will not face a more talented team. If they can stay healthy, I believe that they are already scary good.
                The US Junior team will also not a face a more talented team.

Or maybe they will.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Agreed about the officials - they let them play. Which was a refreshing change...and the players responded by playing great hockey without the worry of ticky tack BS. Linesman Glen Cooke is an AHL guy and an ECAC regular. Leonard and Graber are ECAC.
                  Nice take. I think the zebras swallowed the whistles last night because it was an exhibition game. One could only wish that this type of quality could be seen during regular league play. The inconsitent nature of the reffing is the frustrating part. They seem to emphasize certain calls on certain nights i.e. embellishment, etc. IMO they have one too many refs on the ice, with that many they became like OSHA inspectors instead of refs.
                  "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

If you think Higgs has been tame, then we have nothing to discuss. The kid clearly has a nose for the net and burying rebounds. He would've scored RPI's first goal last night, if not for an NHL caliber glove save from Campbell. 10 pts. in 16 games (5th on the team, 3rd among forwards) is a great start for a true freshman.
                    Agree again. If you notice Higgs, he is willing to go to the tough spots and get the ugly ones. Something that I think has been lacking in the recent past. This team is tough and resilllent.
                    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Actually I am looking forward to february when I get to see the boys in Princeton-and hopefully you also.
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

If you think Higgs has been tame, then we have nothing to discuss. The kid clearly has a nose for the net and burying rebounds. He would've scored RPI's first goal last night, if not for an NHL caliber glove save from Campbell. 10 pts. in 16 games (5th on the team, 3rd among forwards) is a great start for a true freshman.
                        I think Higgs has indeed sowed he belongs. I like what i have seen froom Tinordi (even though he has not scored) he has shown that when you hit him-you go down and he does not. After this big game-i am just sorry we do not play games for a while-this team has got to be feeling sky high right now and deservedly so.

Comment

Actually I am looking forward to february when I get to see the boys in Princeton-and hopefully you also.
                          I will be there, only a blizzard will keep me away.
                          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                          Benjamin Franklin
                          Gary Player

Comment

I think Higgs has indeed sowed he belongs. I like what i have seen froom Tinordi (even though he has not scored) he has shown that when you hit him-you go down and he does not. After this big game-i am just sorry we do not play games for a while-this team has got to be feeling sky high right now and deservedly so.
                            I am a little worried about our next game. With the break and going into a game that everyone believes is a win for us, I could see us getting over confident.
                            If we get passed that first game, I believe that we will be going a a long winning streak. JMO
                            Benjamin Franklin
                            Gary Player

Comment

I am a little worried about our next game. With the break and going into a game that everyone believes is a win for us, I could see us getting over confident.
                              If we get passed that first game, I believe that we will be going a a long winning streak. JMO
                              And never forget how we seem to always play to the level of the competition.

Comment

I will be there, only a blizzard will keep me away.
                                With our life as it is, we never know until the last minute-but it should take something like a blizzard to stop us also.

Comment

Working...
                                X