DU Visits UAA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DU Visits UAA

Denver is coming off a split with Minnesota-Duluth while UAA is coming off its fourth consecutive split series. Will the trend continue for UAA?

Re: DU Visits UAA

I can see it happening, since we've played Denver really tight the last 3 seasons.
    Go SEAWOLVES
    Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

My guess is DU will play Adam Murray at least once in net because he needs the work and because he is also from Anchorage. If he continues to play poorly, UAA has a great shot at a split. DU will likely also be without Beau Bennett, so the second line is probably reduced in effectiveness.

That said, DU is playing very good hockey right now, having won 7 of its last 8. Should be a good series.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
        My guess is DU will play Adam Murray at least once in net because he needs the work and because he is also from Anchorage. If he continues to play poorly, UAA has a great shot at a split. DU will likely also be without Beau Bennett, so the second line is probably reduced in effectiveness.

That said, DU is playing very good hockey right now, having won 7 of its last 8. Should be a good series.
        What's up with Bennett? kinda hoping to see Crosby's future linemate
        Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

A split wouldn't surprise me because DU is having trouble fielding four lines and its really causing problems on Saturday nights. Losing two players like Martin & Bennett for the series will be a factor for sure.

That being said, DU really has some talent on the blueline and it should really be an asset against a team like UAA that likes to chase the puck all over the rink and hit people.

My only hope this Holiday Season is that DU steals a game in Anchorage due to a questionable call by the officials and the UAA Fan Blog spontaneously implodes. :-)
          Last edited by dggoddard; 12-06-2010, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
            Bennett twisted/ sprained his knee Sat. at tUMD. Will probably know more tomorrow after practice. He is questionable/doubtful for the series at this time. Pios leave for Anchorage Wed. evening so the decision has to be made before then.
            GO DU !!!

Comment

I see a broom from my window. we'll be lucky to get a split. And yet for some strange reason I see broomhilda at sulli. DU 1 UAA 2 / DU 3 UAA 4 OT

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                My only hope this Holiday Season is that DU steals a game in Anchorage due to a questionable call by the officials and the UAA Fan Blog spontaneously implodes. :-)
                Limiting your options as to that precious quantity we call hope is unwise son. Give yourself a wider range of "hope fors" and you'll certainly lessen the risk that they're dashed. And speaking of dashing ... before I do; allow me to say that I'm thrilled to see my blog name has graduated to Italized status.

Comment

Pioneer fans, how's jesse martin doing?

Comment

Pioneer fans, how's jesse martin doing?
                    He is at home in Edmonton for the holidays and continuing to undergo rehab. He will return to Denver in early January to start school. Gwoz has indicated that he will take on the role of a student assistant coach much like David Carle for the remainder of the season.
                    DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

He’s scared of the dark and doesn’t like to get hit.
                      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                        He’s scared of the dark and doesn’t like to get hit.
                        Sounds like you, not him. just sayin'....
                        DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
                        sigpic
                        WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

Originally posted by co14ers View Post
                          Sounds like you, not him. just sayin'....
                          a good week to wear your "away sweater" .
                          Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                          UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Friday night's game is being re-broadcast on the NHL Network at 12PM EST, 10AM MST on Saturday.
                            DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                              Friday night's game is being re-broadcast on the NHL Network at 12PM EST, 10AM MST on Saturday.
                              Cool.

Comment

Working...
                              X