NMU @ Notre Dame: Powerplay Jesus, meet Touchdown Jesus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NMU @ Notre Dame: Powerplay Jesus, meet Touchdown Jesus

Cats look to continue their streak of good games into South Bend where the Irish are unbeaten at home. Someone is due to lose a few at home.
    Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
    1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
    1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
    2006-2007: 15-24-2
    2007-2008: 20-20-4
    2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Re: NMU @ Notre Dame: Powerplay Jesus, meet Touchdown Jesus

Go Cats, I predict a great second half as in the past beginning this weekend!!!!

Comment

This is a tough week to call for the Cats... ND was picked to finish just ahead of the Cats in 5th place I believe, but obviously ND has stepped up their game thus far this season... They have wins thus far this season against Miami, NoDak, BC, and Michigan... All of them are likely tourney teams...

Goaltending and team Defense will be key for the Cats this weekend... ND has scored at least 2 goals in each game this year with many 5s and 6s on the scoresheet... I really don't think the Cats can win a track meet 5-6 game, so they are just gonna have to man up and play lockdown D...
      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

When is Notre Dames' exam week?

Just thought I'd get this off of page three.

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN View Post
          When is Notre Dames' exam week?
          Next week.

While I'm here, is the Vigier on the current roster any relation to J.P.?
          "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_Jackson_for_Pres. View Post
            Next week.

While I'm here, is the Vigier on the current roster any relation to J.P.?

Yes. They're cousins.

Davyd, any chance Jake Johnson makes the trip or is he hurt also?

Comment

http://www.uscho.com/2010/12/08/baka...ars-for-dec-8/
              NMU

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                This is a tough week to call for the Cats... ND was picked to finish just ahead of the Cats in 5th place I believe, but obviously ND has stepped up their game thus far this season... They have wins thus far this season against Miami, NoDak, BC, and Michigan... All of them are likely tourney teams...
                Notre Dame did not beat North Dakota.
                North Dakota
                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Does anyone have 2 tickets for Saturday's game or know where I can get them? I went to buy some online and it's sold out! Contact me at spikechiquet@gmail.com. Thanks so much!

Comment

Goaltending and team Defense will be key for the Cats this weekend... ND has scored at least 2 goals in each game this year with many 5s and 6s on the scoresheet... I really don't think the Cats can win a track meet 5-6 game, so they are just gonna have to man up and play lockdown D...
                    Race Boarder...did you go to the Paula Weston school of writing?
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I like to make up scores in my head and post the results as I see fit

I honestly have no idea how I misread that score

Comment

Originally posted by spikechiquet View Post
                        Does anyone have 2 tickets for Saturday's game or know where I can get them? I went to buy some online and it's sold out! Contact me at spikechiquet@gmail.com. Thanks so much!
                        I just got off the phone with the ticket office and they do have pairs of tickets still available... I, however, needed 3 together, and they didn't have 3 seats together anywhere... They do sell Standing Room tickets tomorrow starting at 5pm through the Joyce Box Office as well...

Since I'll probably just plan on getting there at 5pm tomorrow to pick up the tickets, any suggestions on places to grab dinner nearby? Pub Grub is fine, and would prefer a place that serves a cold beer...

Comment

Since I'll probably just plan on getting there at 5pm tomorrow to pick up the tickets, any suggestions on places to grab dinner nearby? Pub Grub is fine, and would prefer a place that serves a cold beer...
                          You could run downtown to Fiddler's Hearth: www.fiddlershearth.com
                          There are a couple new restaurants on Eddy St across from campus on the south that are supposed to be good, but I haven't tried them.

Comment

A big 3 points on the road! Sounds like Jared stole one for us.

A split was actually more than I thought the Cats could get so to me this is a successful weekend.

Comment

Just got back from the game...

For the game itself, Coreau earned the Cats the game tonight... As expected, ND's offense was in top gear tonight, putting 50+ shots on net... They seemed to control the puck most of the night, but NMU's D was up to the challenge... When they did allow a good shot, Coreau was ready... The PK was also very well executed by the Cats... Although they gave up some shots, none were really outstanding chances... Scoring early really seemed to help the Cats... They dominated on that first PP and were able to carry that momentum well into the 2nd period... As the game progressed, ND seemed to wake up... Their best chances of the night were late in the 2nd and in the 3rd periods...

Going into tomorrow, I think Walt has an interesting situation in net... Ellingson has had the hot hand for most of the year, but Coreau came to play and made the most of his start tonight... I do think that Jared was lucky a few times tonight, and did give up a few dangerous rebounds, but all in all, when you stop 50+ shots, you got the job done... I say give the kid a second chance...

Now onto the sad part of the night: The ND "Fans" in Section 1 need to pull the stick out of their rears... I really would like to know why standing and cheering on one's team is a bad thing... I'm sorry that the Joyce Center is a quiet, cavernous arena... You fans can change that, but you choose not too... So don't get angry with me when I clap and cheer on Northern... When we score a goal, I am gonna show my flag to anyone in the arena that is looking my direction... I want everyone to know that I am there to support my team... Also, please explain to me how "Kiss that post Johnson" (said after the Cats hit metal in the 3rd period) is an obscene/vulgar saying, yet when you come back and score 2 goals, it's ok for ND fans to drop F-bombs in my direction...

I'm glad that you also got uppity when I did our PK clap for that final PK of the night... ND had all the momentum in the game at that moment... Yet, for some unknown reason, you wanted to direct your aggression at me for clapping a rythmical sequence instead of cheering YOUR team... Again, I am one person... Stand up, cheer, and drown me out... At that point in the game, you should be your most supportive of the team... God forbid NMU ever shows up with a full contingent of fans... That will definitely ruin your little library tea party that you have going on Friday/Saturday nights in the Joyce center... I've been given crap for tons of other things in my days as a fan, but seriously, clapping I don't even know how to respond to that... I would think that my applauding your team as they left the ice would have really cheesed you off, but you were out the exit before ND even started heading towards the locker room... I'm sure you probably would have wanted to fight me if you saw me showing more respect for your team than you did the entire night...

Comment

Working...
                              X