No announcement yet.

tUMD @ UMTC: Fire Lucia and hire Hill!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: tUMD @ UMTC: Fire Lucia and hire Hill!

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    I believe last years stats had something along the same lines... UMTC has a great record when scoring first and terrible record when being scored on first. Yet last year UMD overcame back to back nights of being down by two goals. I hope for much of the same.
    I would much prefer they didn't have to come back either night, although the team has shown the tenacity and skill to do just that.
    Bulldog Hockey: 2011 National Champions! Finally!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
      Better bring your shovel because we are expecting anywhere from 6 to 12 inches of snow.
      I don't know what the other Bulldog fans are talking about but traffic is going to suck. Duluthians don't have to deal with snarled up roadways.
      Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing View Post
      I would much prefer they didn't have to come back either night, although the team has shown the tenacity and skill to do just that.
      Oh I absoluetly agree. I would love this team to come out strong in the first period of a Friday night. It feels like that we play so poorly in the first. Its like they forget how fast the game actually is or what it takes to play.

(perhaps that was just after an off weekend)
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Oh I absoluetly agree. I would love this team to come out strong in the first period of a Friday night. It feels like that we play so poorly in the first. Its like they forget how fast the game actually is or what it takes to play.

(perhaps that was just after an off weekend)
        I just hope the Gophers remember they have games this weekend.

Comment

I just hope we are not down by 3 goals after warm ups.
          Originally posted by CavalryNate
          Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
          sigpic

Comment

Since when did UMTC fans have as much faith in their team as Michigan Tech?
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

It's a fairly recent development which could and usually does change after every win/loss.
              Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                It's a fairly recent development which could and usually does change after every win/loss.
                It is very comical. One weekend you think it is 2003 the next weekend you believe you're Bowling Green.
                tUMD Hockey

Comment

Because they haven't shown anyone that they have the ability to have any chance to get points in this series? Just a guess.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

It is very comical. One weekend you think it is 2003 the next weekend you believe you're Bowling Green.
                    Funny, thats exactly how this team plays. I think we will see one of each this weekend so Im predicting a split.

Comment

HUGE win by the Gophers tonight. Patterson played amazing. I hope they can keep it going tomorrow night!

Comment

Great win. Patterson was the player of the game, have to ride the hot hand tomorrow I would think.

Let's go Gophers!
                        sigpic

Comment

That was a very fun game to attend. Up and down action, outstanding goaltending, physical play by both teams, high intensity and an energetic crowd. Everything college hockey should be.
                          That's the best game I have seen this team play, and also the best individual performances I've seen by a number of players (Bjugstad, Serratore, Alt, Patterson, Larson...). The 4th line was ridiculous tonight.

We'll see what they do tomorrow night. I kind of feel that tonight was the best this team can play. And they just barely eeked out the win while getting a bit of love from the hockey gods in the process. So, we'll see what happens tomorrow. If they can come out and play with the same kind of heart that they did tonight, and somehow scrap out a tie, I'll be a very happy camper.
                          Last edited by Stauber1; 12-10-2010, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Nice win. I really hope frustration doesn't set in tomorrow night with poor play. Personally, I would rather play well and lose than lose and not play well.
                            Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                            dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                            wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

A very intense entertaining game tonight. Patterson, the 4th "demolition" line and a little puck luck on Barriball's GWG seemed to be the difference for the Gophs. That save on Fontaine at the end was huge and really showed Patterson's quickness in net and saved the win. I would think he'd start tomorrow. I'd like to see the Gophers stop the bleeding on taking stupid penalties though. The UMD PP is scary good.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                                A very intense entertaining game tonight. Patterson, the 4th "demolition" line and a little puck luck on Barriball's GWG seemed to be the difference for the Gophs. That save on Fontaine at the end was huge and really showed Patterson's quickness in net and saved the win. I would think he'd start tomorrow. I'd like to see the Gophers stop the bleeding on taking stupid penalties though. The UMD PP is scary good.
                                I agree. There is much room for improvement in their special teams play. Wonder if Fairchild will play tomorrow?

Comment

Working...
                                X