PDA

View Full Version : BU @ RPI, Saturday 12/11/10

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Ralph Baer
12-04-2010, 05:05 PM
The all red and white game sponsored by the Burpee (BU RPI) seed company. ;)

mookie1995
12-04-2010, 06:18 PM
330p start i read?!?!?! i don't know if this is good or bad :confused:

knsmith
12-04-2010, 08:06 PM

Presumably it is for the purpose of getting the game on national TV, so I'll call it a good thing...

mookie1995
12-04-2010, 08:12 PM
Presumably it is for the purpose of getting the game on national TV, so I'll call it a good thing...

i did not know that.

since i was considering a drive out to watch, i guess i don't need to worry the change of time and my drive now. :D

DrDemento
12-04-2010, 08:41 PM
Should be a good one-obviously a good BU team and RPI has not lost a regualr season game at home this year. RPI is very banged up however and it certainly would help to get back a few of the 4 first line players who are out. We need to be at full strength for this one.

engineerhockeyfan
12-04-2010, 08:54 PM
BU will be coming off a losing weekend, and they won't be very happy coming in. We need to get some of the wounded back in the line up.

Wicked Slappaahs
12-04-2010, 09:41 PM
BU will be coming off a losing weekend, and they won't be very happy coming in...

BU hosts Northeastern on Wednesday, before they come to Troy.

Ralph Baer
12-04-2010, 10:22 PM

Bad for me becuase I probably won't be able to listen.

Federal League
12-04-2010, 11:19 PM
Any recommendations for places to grab a bite in the area? Gonna be looking to grab lunch and/or dinner out there.

knsmith
12-04-2010, 11:20 PM
Any recommendations for places to grab a bite in the area? Gonna be looking to grab lunch and/or dinner out there.

Notty Pine (15th Street) and Brown's Brew Pup (River Street) are good local options. Big Apple Pizza (College Ave) is phenomenally cheap/quick (but is by no means a "restaurant") also.

jstadts
12-05-2010, 08:36 AM
BU hosts Northeastern on Wednesday, before they come to Troy.

This is one of those OOC games that really sets up well for RPI. With BU playing wednesday and having been pretty well exposed by BC On TV this weekend{Not that BC doesn`t expose everyones flaws}The tilt is definitley on RPIs side.Wish the team was at full strength but I doubt anyone will be huried back for an OOC game. Count me as one long time fan who is very glad that captain Jack likes playing RPI on a regular basis.

Federal League
12-05-2010, 08:47 AM
This is one of those OOC games that really sets up well for RPI. With BU playing wednesday and having been pretty well exposed by BC On TV this weekend{Not that BC doesn`t expose everyones flaws}The tilt is definitley on RPIs side.Wish the team was at full strength but I doubt anyone will be huried back for an OOC game. Count me as one long time fan who is very glad that captain Jack likes playing RPI on a regular basis.

BU will also most likely be without Chris Connolly, who is arguably their best player. Parker said there's a chance he could be back for this game, but that even if he was healthy, he might just let him rest until after break.

FlagDUDE08
12-05-2010, 10:26 AM
Last year we did OK short-handed. Paul Kerins sat the game out because he had to explain to Union why scoring 2 quick goals in HFH is a bad idea, and I think Jerry D'Amigo was out for WJC purposes. Bergin was also out, and Beauregard had played that game. Looks like both teams are playing a bit beat up.

knsmith
12-05-2010, 02:11 PM

I wouldn't be surprised to see O'Grady back, given the description of the injury he suffered in practice. I am also unclear on the nature of Malchuk's injury. I agree that Kennedy probably will not/should not come back before Christmas, and probably the same for Lee.

DrDemento
12-05-2010, 04:08 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see O'Grady back, given the description of the injury he suffered in practice. I am also unclear on the nature of Malchuk's injury. I agree that Kennedy probably will not/should not come back before Christmas, and probably the same for Lee.

If we are talking about concussions in these boys-standard medical treatment is to rest them for 3 full weeks. The greatest percentage of cases clear by then with only a very small percentage suffering post concussive syndromes. I suspect all 3 will be back at full strength but it would be wise for them to take the full 3 weeks off to be sure. I cannot recall our team having this many head injuries at one time.

NYhockeyguy
12-05-2010, 04:14 PM
Notty Pine (15th Street) and Brown's Brew Pup (River Street) are good local options. Big Apple Pizza (College Ave) is phenomenally cheap/quick (but is by no means a "restaurant") also.

havent had it yet but a dinosaur bbq opened up in the area if your in town early enough

burgie12
12-05-2010, 04:43 PM
havent had it yet but a dinosaur bbq opened up in the area if your in town early enough
And by early, he means noon. Really. Or, if you show up after the game, don't expect your food til 8.

realet
12-05-2010, 04:47 PM

WaP's sources indicated that Malchuk is probably good to go next weekend. Not sure about the others.

NYhockeyguy
12-05-2010, 04:52 PM
And by early, he means noon. Really. Or, if you show up after the game, don't expect your food til 8.
texting a friend last night he said it was very good but he got there at 7:30 and got seated at 8:50...he said the food was worth it though.

burgie12
12-05-2010, 04:58 PM
texting a friend last night he said it was very good but he got there at 7:30 and got seated at 8:50...he said the food was worth it though.
The food is definitely worth it. Best barbecue I've had. And, there's soooooo much food. Just saying that people shouldn't show up at 2 and then wonder why they don't make it in time for the game.