BU @ RPI, Saturday 12/11/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BU @ RPI, Saturday 12/11/10

The all red and white game sponsored by the Burpee (BU RPI) seed company.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: BU @ RPI, Saturday 12/11/10

330p start i read?!?!?! i don't know if this is good or bad
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      Presumably it is for the purpose of getting the game on national TV, so I'll call it a good thing...

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
        Presumably it is for the purpose of getting the game on national TV, so I'll call it a good thing...
        i did not know that.

since i was considering a drive out to watch, i guess i don't need to worry the change of time and my drive now.
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Should be a good one-obviously a good BU team and RPI has not lost a regualr season game at home this year. RPI is very banged up however and it certainly would help to get back a few of the 4 first line players who are out. We need to be at full strength for this one.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

BU will be coming off a losing weekend, and they won't be very happy coming in. We need to get some of the wounded back in the line up.
            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
            Benjamin Franklin
            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
            Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
              BU will be coming off a losing weekend, and they won't be very happy coming in...
              BU hosts Northeastern on Wednesday, before they come to Troy.
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                Bad for me becuase I probably won't be able to listen.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Any recommendations for places to grab a bite in the area? Gonna be looking to grab lunch and/or dinner out there.
                  Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                    Any recommendations for places to grab a bite in the area? Gonna be looking to grab lunch and/or dinner out there.
                    Notty Pine (15th Street) and Brown's Brew Pup (River Street) are good local options. Big Apple Pizza (College Ave) is phenomenally cheap/quick (but is by no means a "restaurant") also.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                      BU hosts Northeastern on Wednesday, before they come to Troy.
                      This is one of those OOC games that really sets up well for RPI. With BU playing wednesday and having been pretty well exposed by BC On TV this weekend{Not that BC doesn`t expose everyones flaws}The tilt is definitley on RPIs side.Wish the team was at full strength but I doubt anyone will be huried back for an OOC game. Count me as one long time fan who is very glad that captain Jack likes playing RPI on a regular basis.

Comment

Originally posted by jstadts View Post
                        This is one of those OOC games that really sets up well for RPI. With BU playing wednesday and having been pretty well exposed by BC On TV this weekend{Not that BC doesn`t expose everyones flaws}The tilt is definitley on RPIs side.Wish the team was at full strength but I doubt anyone will be huried back for an OOC game. Count me as one long time fan who is very glad that captain Jack likes playing RPI on a regular basis.
                        BU will also most likely be without Chris Connolly, who is arguably their best player. Parker said there's a chance he could be back for this game, but that even if he was healthy, he might just let him rest until after break.
                        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Last year we did OK short-handed. Paul Kerins sat the game out because he had to explain to Union why scoring 2 quick goals in HFH is a bad idea, and I think Jerry D'Amigo was out for WJC purposes. Bergin was also out, and Beauregard had played that game. Looks like both teams are playing a bit beat up.

Comment

Originally posted by jstadts View Post
                            I wouldn't be surprised to see O'Grady back, given the description of the injury he suffered in practice. I am also unclear on the nature of Malchuk's injury. I agree that Kennedy probably will not/should not come back before Christmas, and probably the same for Lee.

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
                              I wouldn't be surprised to see O'Grady back, given the description of the injury he suffered in practice. I am also unclear on the nature of Malchuk's injury. I agree that Kennedy probably will not/should not come back before Christmas, and probably the same for Lee.
                              If we are talking about concussions in these boys-standard medical treatment is to rest them for 3 full weeks. The greatest percentage of cases clear by then with only a very small percentage suffering post concussive syndromes. I suspect all 3 will be back at full strength but it would be wise for them to take the full 3 weeks off to be sure. I cannot recall our team having this many head injuries at one time.
                              Last edited by DrDemento; 12-05-2010, 04:32 PM.
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                              X