#5 UNH Hosts UVM - Catfight Rematch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #5 UNH Hosts UVM - Catfight Rematch

With the memory of the Catamounts' victory in last March's Hockey East Quarterfinals still fresh in their cat brains, will the Wildcats be itching (or is scratching a better word) for a fight?
    This Burlington Free Press article, lifted from the UVM thread, describes the Catamounts' frustration with their slow start this season. Can never count UVM out with their trapping style which has frustrated UNH in the past.
    Sunday's game will mark the first time a player with the last name of Brickley has played in Durham since Andy left town.
    The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Re: #5 UNH Hosts UVM - Catfight Rematch

Looks like this cat fight thread needs to be moved up.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
      Looks like this cat fight thread needs to be moved up.
      again......awfully low fan/poster intensity for game day. Hope the Whit has a little more energy than this thread.
      Please join me in the fight to reduce the world's supply of Bacardi.

Comment

Originally posted by SPCSMAN View Post
        again......awfully low fan/poster intensity for game day. Hope the Whit has a little more energy than this thread.
        Sunday afternoon game. I know I'm full of intensity Don't really know why this couldn't have been played last night.
        UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
          Sunday afternoon game. I know I'm full of intensity Don't really know why this couldn't have been played last night.
          Have to agree. It's kind of puzzling as to why the Lowell game was played on Thursday instead of Friday and why this game is on Sunday rather than Saturday. At first I thought it was because it was an ESPNU game, but they are doing Yale-Union. Certainly a recipe for a low turnout, low intensity match up. Let's just hope UNH brings the same game that they did vs. Lowell, with a few more conversions.

Comment

Wish that I could be there this afternoon; sigh.

The lines will be forming soon at the box office?

Comment

Keep in mind folks that UNH has a history of playing awful in the afternoon match-ups...hopefully history will be at home on this Sunday afternoon as well....it totally equalizes the contest.

Comment

I think most Vermont fans don't really know which UVM team will show up this afternoon. If we play like we did against BC and Denver at home, we at least have a chance to put up a result. If we play like we did against UMASS and BC away, it will get ugly.

I am looking forward to the point where UVM no longer has a reputation as a trapping team. We'll need to get a few more highly-touted forward recruits (like Brickley) for Sneddon to break out of our defensive posture.

Comment

Just moving this one up.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                    Just moving this one up.
                    I guess the UVM folks don't have much to say.
                    Time will tell whether Sneddon's style of calling his players out in the press has the desired effect. We'll need to check back in when March rolls around.

Comment

Great showing by UNH. A little sluggish in the first period but picked up the intensity as the game went along. Nice to see Paul Thompson pot the hat trick!

Comment

Originally posted by VermontFan View Post
                        I think most Vermont fans don't really know which UVM team will show up this afternoon. If we play like we did against BC and Denver at home, we at least have a chance to put up a result. If we play like we did against UMASS and BC away, it will get ugly.
                        Which UVM team is the one full of hacks and thugs? I think that one showed up. Nice to see 2 goals on the 5-minute major.

"If you can't beat 'em, beat 'em up!"
                        Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                        -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
                          Which UVM team is the one full of hacks and thugs? I think that one showed up. Nice to see 2 goals on the 5-minute major.

"If you can't beat 'em, beat 'em up!"
                          That was Herrington's first time dressing in quite sometime....my guess is it will be the last for awhile as well. He beat doubled the team average all by himself.

Was there anything positive about UVM you guys saw?
                          Originally posted by Hokydad
                          Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                            Was there anything positive about UVM you guys saw?
                            I thought Connor Brickley showed a lot of poise for a freshman. He's a big kid as well. Although he's a distant relation of Andy Brickley (his father is Andy's cousin), he's got the big Brickley frame.
                            Also, the Old Time Hockey jerseys looked pretty cool.

Comment

I thought UNH took advantage of a team that is in disarray. It took them a little while to get going, but once UNH took the lead for good, you knew UVM was going to be in trouble. It's really nice to see our defensemen jump into the play, especially Kostolansky who now has, I think , four goals after having none last year. He is playing with a lot of confidence and, combined with Kessel, makes for half of a good pairing. First line was going on on all cylinders most of the night, evidenced by Sislo's five assists (that's why he was the #1 star) and Thompson's hat trick. Thompson's last goal was something else. He came into the zone, sized up the d-man and basically said, I can take you. He went right around him and scored easily. Reminded me of a basketball play where a guard beats someone one-on-one. I got a chuckle after the goal when one fan threw his hat on the ice in celebration of the hat trick and the PA admonished people to not throw things on the ice. Is this a tradition that is now largely forgotten? Hope not. Anyway good game. Let's cap it off with a win at Orono on Friday. Games is on CBS College Sports at the same time that the football team is on ESPNU vs. Delaware. Lot of channel changing that night.

Comment

Working...
                              X