• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it time for a change at Vermont?

What do you think?

Re: Is it time for a change at Vermont?

Originally posted by olive.juice View Post
    What do you think?
    no. They have 8 ties so far -- great goaltending and much better prospects -- patience my dear -- there is no magic bullet and VT players are scholars before they are athletes -- but it will come
    "The great State of Vermont will not apologize for its cheese!"
    -- Thank You For Smoking

Comment

I wouldn't...

http://uvmathletics.com/coaches.aspx?rc=39&path=whockey

Comment

What do you think?
        Obviously, it's time for a change.

Comment

Originally posted by dontyelldad View Post
          Obviously, it's time for a change.
          (Should be snowing in VT about now. How's that for a change?)

Comment

What do you think?
            Yes. Their coach didn't do enough to keep THE INCOMPARABLE JACKIE THODE from defecting to Europe.
            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

They have ties against the # 1 teams in HE, when every other team has losses, a very solid freshman goalie, and they have a great class coming in next year. What did you want to change?
              "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

What do you think?
                The short answer is no. The somewhat longer answer is no, cause the team has been improving each year.

Find your post an Interesting choice as your first posting on this board. We had a similar first time poster last year (for another team), and like many others I take offense to such suggestions, specially if you are new to this board.

Let's look at the record for UVM since Bothwell has been at the helm....

Year Overall Conf Place Postseason
                2006-07 3-27-2 1-19-1 8th none
                2007-08 8-25-1 4-16-1 7th none
                2008-09 7-25-2 4-15-2 T7th none
                2009-10 10-22-1 5-15-1 7th none
                TOTAL 28-99-6 14-65-5

Prior to the Bothwell years there were a couple of years in a row with just one win overall. IIRC UVM moved from D3 to D1 in 04-05.

So to summarize, UVM is getting better every year, albeit slowly. They landed one of the best goalers in the current freshman class, and two of their incoming recruits for next year are top notch. Both assistants are great recruiters, and IMHO this team is slowly but surely on it's way up.

P.S.....You can't go wrong with a Hall of Fame Brown Alum.
                Last edited by OnMAA; 12-02-2010, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                  The short answer is no. The somewhat longer answer is no, cause the team has been improving each year.

Find your post an Interesting choice as your first posting on this board. We had a similar first time poster last year (for another team), and like many others I take offense to such suggestions, specially if you are new to this board.

TOTAL 28-99-6 14-65-5

Prior to the Bothwell years there were a couple of years in a row with just one win overall. IIRC UVM moved from D3 to D1 in 04-05.

So to summarize, UVM is getting better every year, albeit slowly. They landed one of the best goalers in the current freshman class, and two of their incoming recruits for next year are top notch. Both assistants are great recruiters, and IMHO this team is slowly but surely on it's way up.

Just having this conversation yesterday afternoon. My answer would be maybe. Going strickly on wins, Tim's best season was last year at 10. The year prior was 7 and before that 8. His first season was 3 but of course you have to throw that season out. This year he's way off the pace to match even those numbers. (7 and 8 wins) His current winning % stands at 242 (at UVM) and he is in his 5th season. He has all ready graduated one class and the improvement is marginal if at all. Since they have been in DI there has only been one season with only a single win not a couple of seasons in a row.
                  DC78-82......... I know they tied BU but come on. Poulin, Wakefield and Ward were away. I know you still have to play the games, but I'm thinking the outcome may have been different with those players playing. He does a have a good recruiting class coming in but will it be enough? In my opinion if he doesn't win 7 or 8 games there may be a change.
                  Fire Chiarelli!

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post

TOTAL 28-99-6 14-65-5

I agree with you OnMAA. They have a great Freshman goalie right now. They need more scoring and next year's class should help in that regard. Next year should be better because they have a number of girls coming in that can put it in the net but it will take a little time since they will be a very young team next year with mostly Freshman and Sophomores.

Comment

Working...
                    X