Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fanboys and Superfrauds, 251st and 252nd Edition (12/3, 12/4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
    Fog em up, fog em up, this thread sucks.

Where's Gerbe when ya need him?
    Here's to hoping Gibbons slashes the BU bench, breaks a few bones, bruises some backs, gets zero penalty minutes and scores a hatty.
    Then we'll have the crybaby fanboys to keep us entertained on Saturday.
    Whatever BU and BC throw at each other, it will be refreshing to watch a couple games absent the thuggery and goonery of Brown and Merrimack.
    Go BU!

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
      I guess I missed the time in the past 20 months BC football and basketball won the NCAA's. Please accept my late congrats!
      Don't knock another trip to the Salty Nuts Bowl!
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Re: Fanboys and Superfrauds, 251st and 252nd Edition (12/3, 12/4)

Originally posted by Section Eight View Post
        I've been ignoring BC this year, primarily because BU has been far more interesting to follow and for the first time in a while I'm not hinging the Terriers' success on BC's failures.
        Were you in a coma in 2009?

Originally posted by AntiActionJoe View Post
        *****http://i1127.***********.com/albums/l640/ActionJoe1/muse2.jpg******
        You mean this special kid? Everyone point and laugh at the special kid!
        I'm fairly confident in saying that "special" kid has had a lot more luck with the ladies than you. Is it difficult sneaking them into your mom's basement?

Oh and let's not forget five national titles. Really, what does BC have to brag about? A relatively productive decade? I guess that's nice. Everyone has them. Everyone also has off years, off decades, but in BC's special case, off half centuries. It's ok. At least you have football right? They're doing good this year, yeah?
        Does anyone know how many more national titles BU has than BC? Judging by this post you'd think it was 15...or is that the Beanpot difference? Although you're probably counting those as national titles too, so now I'm just really confused.

As for the football team, they're enjoying a five game winning streak, another winning season and a trip to a bowl game. When are the BU/NU alums getting together for a flag football game? I'll never understand a fan of a school that doesn't have a football team making fun of another school that does (and has had a pretty good run over the past 10-12 years)

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          I'm fairly confident in saying that "special" kid has had a lot more luck with the ladies than you. Is it difficult sneaking them into your mom's basement?

Does anyone know how many more national titles BU has than BC? Judging by this post you'd think it was 15...or is that the Beanpot difference? Although you're probably counting those as national titles too, so now I'm just really confused.

As for the football team, they're enjoying a five game winning streak, another winning season and a trip to a bowl game. When are the BU/NU alums getting together for a flag football game? I'll never understand a fan of a school that doesn't have a football team making fun of another school that does (and has had a pretty good run over the past 10-12 years)
          Originally posted by J.D. View Post

With regards to AntiActionJoe I think you may have fallen into the
          *****http://img.***********.com/albums/v77/m0shm4n/sarchasm.jpg******

His username is a bit of a hint.
          Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees
            link fail

*****http://img.***********.com/albums/v77/m0shm4n/sarchasm.jpg******
            I wonder if that's why I deleted it... FOILED!!!
            Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
              I wonder if that's why I deleted it... FOILED!!!
              you deleted it as i quoted. nd sucks
              time to write new history

Comment

This is fun.
                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

did someone order up some short bus references?

*****http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v647/180/81/513440863/n513440863_1731586_2058.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by Moose98 View Post
                    *****http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v647/180/81/513440863/n513440863_1731586_2058.jpg******
                    BAHAHAHAHA YES. Classic.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                      BAHAHAHAHA YES. Classic.
                      I still would like to know how he ended up in there. I was talking to a reporter at the game and we were both baffled as to why the goalie was serving his penalty (I think it was a 2 + 10?) neither of us had ever seen it before. Nonetheless, another classic moment. Only Dizzy would end up in there.
                      time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                        I still would like to know how he ended up in there. I was talking to a reporter at the game and we were both baffled as to why the goalie was serving his penalty (I think it was a 2 + 10?) neither of us had ever seen it before. Nonetheless, another classic moment. Only Dizzy would end up in there.
                        I believe BCWH Superfan Joe knows but unfortunately he is purposely avoiding this thread like the plague. I'll have to ask him.

Comment

*****http://i1127.***********.com/albums/l640/ActionJoe1/muse2.jpg******
                          You mean this special kid? Everyone point and laugh at the special kid!

Thank you quiddlet for bringing that up. What are we up to, 29 Beanpots? Oh and let's not forget five national titles. Really, what does BC have to brag about? A relatively productive decade? I guess that's nice. Everyone has them. Everyone also has off years, off decades, but in BC's special case, off half centuries. It's ok. At least you have football right? They're doing good this year, yeah?
                          y'all won 3 of your 5 in one decade too didn't ya? just sayin ................do HE Championships count? i believe the score is 9-7 or shouldn't that be brought up??
                          Last edited by sterlippo1; 11-30-2010, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            The first afternoon game I went to there was...jeez, I can't remember the year. Keith Emery was on the team, that's how long ago it was. And Sean Grande was doing the BC games on radio, which was before he moved to Minneapolis, an he's been back for how many years now - just trying to give a point of reference. Anyway....there were windows high up on the wall that was opposite the stadium end. The sun was beaming through right onto the ice and it started to melt. I remember the next trip back to Conte someone had put cardboard over that window. Then they redid that end years ago and took the window(s) out so it's not an issue. Was the light yesterday coming through the stadium end?
                            I specifically remember BC getting stomped by BU in the first meeting of the year between the two teams on a Sunday afternoon at Conte in the 1997-1998 season. I would think this would have been before BC beat #1 BU 3-2 during Christmas break on a Blake Bellefeuille goal with a few mins left after trailing 2-0 and calling a timeout before reeling off 3 straight goals, a game which I consider to be the turning point of the BC program that proved BC belonged and put the nation on notice. But definitely my freshman year BC played a Sunday afternoon game at Conte (I'm thinking November or December 1997).

About Conte, windows, and the sun... I don't think the sun can really get onto the ice knowing all of the "structures" around Conte, and I am 99.9999% sure that if it ever did that it would not melt the ice. Those windows on the opposite side of the football stadium are just feet from a rock wall that goes up 30 feet, which is the edge of where the reservoir was filled in and on top of it are various building like O'Neill Library. That rock wall is just 10-15 feet away from the Conte walls/windows. No sun could ever come in from there directly. On the other side, you have just the luxury boxes, doubtful any sun would come in through there even if the blinds weren't shut. And on the two long sides you do have the long set of doors but on one side you have Merckert blocking a majority of that side and on the other side it is somewhat open but you have the garage, dorms on Comm Ave, and a larger dorm next to the garage that would block any sun at a low angle, the only time it would ever have a shot of getting in directly from those doors (and even that would be doubtful with the steps that go up to block it.

edit - the most likely way for sun to get directly into Conte and close to the ice are the two corner entrances with glass doors and some longer glass windows on the side opposite from Alumni Stadium. I think that is the only way sun could directly get onto the ice because the tunnel for the corner sections line up directly with the entrances there... but even that would be tough (although reflected light could make it through but that changes everything).

edit #2 - this thread really sucks.
                            Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 11-30-2010, 07:47 AM.
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                              Geezuuuusssss... Don't hold back Tony. Tell em how you really feel.
                              Whoa. Can't you get into trouble for that?

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                              y'all won 3 of your 5 in one decade too didn't ya? just sayin ................do HE Championships count? i believe the score is 9-7 or shouldn't that be brought up??
                              That's only 60%. You've won 75% of yours in one decade.
                              And no, that's irrelevant. Unless you add in ECAC titles, too of course.
                              Boston University 2009 Champs
                              Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

It'll be funny to see how Crapbag U. does against a legit team for a change. Tying Brown at home? LOL.

Where's your Beanpot?

Comment

Working...
                                X