Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fanboys and Superfrauds, 251st and 252nd Edition (12/3, 12/4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Fanboys and Superfrauds, 251st and 252nd Edition (12/3, 12/4)

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
    as for samuelsson, i dont believe there is a 2 minute penalty for complaining... he should have gotten 10 if anything.
    That is what I said at the time as well, not shocked they got this one wrong based on their other calls.

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    BTW just saw a picture of BU giving a stick salute. I thought some of you took pride in the fact that they only did this after wins...did that change? Or am I off base...
    This being the first home loss of the season, it appears to be this year's M.O. but our sample size is one. They didn't do it either of the prior two years after losses, so I was somewhat surprised to see it.

Comment

BTW just saw a picture of BU giving a stick salute. I thought some of you took pride in the fact that they only did this after wins...did that change? Or am I off base...
      Originally posted by Agganis View Post
      This being the first home loss of the season, it appears to be this year's M.O. but our sample size is one. They didn't do it either of the prior two years after losses, so I was somewhat surprised to see it.
      i wouldn't be surprised if it was just a, "uh, sorry" acknowledgement to those who were there..
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

They've done the stick salute every tie, too, so I'm thinking it's an every game thing this year.
        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

• Originally posted by Federal League View Post
          They've done the stick salute every tie, too, so I'm thinking it's an every game thing this year.
          Change in philosophy? I know some of you can't be happy with it because it cheapens the meaning!!!

Comment

Change in philosophy? I know some of you can't be happy with it because it cheapens the meaning!!!
            did you see bu's goal celebrations? i could have sworn they won!
            “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
            Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
            Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
            National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
              I thought it was awfully nice of the NEWTON COLLEGE kids to honor all the Jewish folks in Newton by lighting up BU's goalies for the menorah last night.

*****http://www.menorah.com/img/Menorah_RLJR2.jpg******
              My goodness, this was a phenominal post.
              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                Gibbons was definitely called for a penalty- 2 for elbowing. I have the box score right here. Whitney and Warsofsky were called for matching hitting after the whistles. Someone else served for Gibbons to start because he was cut and had to go to the locker room.
                Did Gibbons elbow bounce off Chiassons head, hit himself and cut him? I bet that's what went down.
                Gibbons is such a punk... he hurts himself!
                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

*****http://i470.***********.com/albums/rr63/1995mookie/f38aa71a.jpg******

and i enjoyed the "trust".

Comment

Originally posted by AntiActionJoe View Post
                    As for BU, they'll come back tonight. It's a young team and their first rivalry game. They'll learn and it will be ok.
                    You think they can improve their skating overnight? I don't see it, but I've been wrong before. Trap, and they might be OK. Depends on the goaltender.
                    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      *****http://i470.***********.com/albums/rr63/1995mookie/f38aa71a.jpg******

and i enjoyed the "trust".
                      i think i missed the boat on this one

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                        You think they can improve their skating overnight? I don't see it, but I've been wrong before. Trap, and they might be OK. Depends on the goaltender.
                        seriously, i hadnt given bu's gameplan a second thought heading into the game... i had simply assumed because of their record they were going to be pretty much up and down the ice with us... but i was surprised at how much of their gameplan was based on clutch and grab/obstruction tactics - it was like early 2000's all over again.

Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                        Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012

Comment

that small banner in the corner of the glass is actually a huge picture of jerry york and it says 'TRUST' down the side. it made an appearance at conte a few games ago and has been a staple ever since.

Comment

they didn't get the big jerry "trust" in the corner there on tv (or where you there and missed it??).

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                              that small banner in the corner of the glass is actually a huge picture of jerry york and it says 'TRUST' down the side. it made an appearance at conte a few games ago and has been a staple ever since.
                              small?? it is h.u.g.e.!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                small?? it is h.u.g.e.!!!
                                well i said that too! i meant its actually small in that picture you posted and i didnt even notice it at first glance. it took me a couple scans of the photo to see what you were even talking about, and even then i only picked up on it because i had seen it at conte before.

Comment

Working...
                                X